The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2017, 01:13 AM

POST ID # = 926483
mcgrizzzz Reputation: 10
Default I just bought these 30 mins ago and I wish I would have seen this thread before hand

I'm incredibly disappointed by the quiet monitor in the headphones. I guess I'll return these since CUE is still capped at 25.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:13 PM

POST ID # = 933190
Armrose Reputation: 10

Hello, wanted to throw in my part of this mess that is this headset.
first off i would like to say awesome audio quality in 7.1.

to the issue of the mic.
i purchased a Void Pro wired with USB dongle for the dolby 7.1 was listening to youtube music just fine, games just fine everything is good and quality. Went on discord to talk to a friend and they couldnt really hear me but they could hear the music that youtube was playing.
checked discord and it is all set to the mic and not to receive my laptop mic.
i could hear him find but he couldnt hear me.
changed it to default, he couldnt hear anything from me. set it back to the headset for input and out put and i notice i was getting a double blip for the push to talk notification which he could also hear one of the blips.
he could also hear the youtube ad that started.
so i unpluged the jack from the dongle and unplugged the dongle from the usb port then plugged the headset straight into the mic port on my laptop, oh jeeze i can hear him and i can be heard, just flat audio ( which i think can be adjusted in the High definition audio software that came on my laptop)

thought this was weird so i went to google and spent about a good 3 hours crawling around forums and post about other peoples experiences.
i didnt find a single post about the usb dongle being the culprit or just not having drivers to support the mic for discord or TS3.

so i think the USB Dongle for the 7.1 audio is at fault at this point along with Corsair's driver issue with the Dongle and incompatibility with discord and TS3.
which is an absolute fail and total let down because who uses in-game VOIP (unless Overwatch, Battlefield X, or any other game that teams you up with randoms) to communicate with people.

in short, working fine with a laptop mic port for Discord/TS3 and cant use the USB Dongle, will have to adjust audio quality preferences through high definition audio software.

Thanks for reading.. i think.

Old 01-01-2018, 04:51 PM

POST ID # = 933261

So far i have not tested if the Dongle is useable with in game VOIP use, i havent dared to try simply. but i guess i will try with Squad as it is the only game i currently care to play that puts you in with random people and has its own voice communications.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 933442
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Sounds like the dongle could be the culprit for the mic not picking up when using it. I would double check CUE to make sure the mic is not muted, and the void mic is set to your default recording device.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:43 PM

POST ID # = 934767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Sounds like the dongle could be the culprit for the mic not picking up when using it. I would double check CUE to make sure the mic is not muted, and the void mic is set to your default recording device.
yeah when i was testing it out it was more like the dongle could interface with the mic at all, just got horrible electronic feed back that was is quick rapid pulses that starts soft but quickly builds up louder and louder and its incredibly unsettling to hear.
kinda painful kinda just makes u want to leave the room and over all just wants the noise to stop.

oh the dongle doesnt work with in game VOIP either, tried it with Squad and Elite Dangerous and it was either silent or the horrible feedback with echo, or it some how would echo what was being heard, so if someone talked while i queued my mice, they would hear themselves and the rest of my audio through my mic.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:56 PM

POST ID # = 940820
bbotz Reputation: 10
Default Sidetones

The CUE program has a tab for the wireless headphone. There are options for Dolby and for sidetone. The sidetone slider works great. You can adjust the amount of volume feeding back into your ear as you speak. The problem I have is it appears the CUE program has to be open to use this feature. If you don't open it, you can't enable it. It does not appear to be enabled on a permanent basis (big mistake, if you ask me). Secondly, if you raise the mic arm up and go mute, sidetones TURN OFF.... wtf?? why would they do this?

So, keep the utility open and don't use the mic arm to mute.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 940845

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbotz View Post
The CUE program has a tab for the wireless headphone. There are options for Dolby and for sidetone. The sidetone slider works great. You can adjust the amount of volume feeding back into your ear as you speak. The problem I have is it appears the CUE program has to be open to use this feature. If you don't open it, you can't enable it. It does not appear to be enabled on a permanent basis (big mistake, if you ask me). Secondly, if you raise the mic arm up and go mute, sidetones TURN OFF.... wtf?? why would they do this?

So, keep the utility open and don't use the mic arm to mute.
With the newer Void Pro headsets, moving the headset arm up mutes the mic, and there is no audio input to capture a sidetone. The same would occur if you muted the mic with the button on the side of the ear cup. The mic arm mute is a feature a lot of users requested and was implemented. I'll pass the suggestion along to see if it can be select able, and see if it's something our engineers can include in CUE.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:52 PM

POST ID # = 942692
Mrdomo Reputation: 10

Seems the issue is after the most recent update 2.23.40

If you bring up the mic piece up to the "mute mode" the side tone volume is set to 0. if you bring the mic piece back down the software does not revert to the previous side tone level instead it keeps it at zero. thus why the side tone is not working for some.

This does not happen if you have the CUE software open and up front. but if its minimized you will loose sidetone settings.

(Edit. it also happens when you hit the mute button even without moving the mic piece.) X_X

Old 03-12-2018, 01:38 AM

POST ID # = 944417
yellowdart Reputation: 10

Still experiencing this issue on a Corsair Void USB (non-pro). I can only hear sidetone if I blow hard into my mic. Nothing else registers or is audible.

Have tried 4 different versions of CUE including the latest, as well as forcing firmware refresh.

Is there any fix for this?

Old 04-13-2018, 02:53 PM

POST ID # = 950092
Sathdora Reputation: 10
Default Same Issue

I am using the Pro version and having the same issue. I cannot hear myself when talking. It is really weird. I have the Sidetone maxed and I have tried to reinstall the drivers and nothing.

I have not tried to run the software in front, but why go to the Taskbar if it does not work there. I will try to change the Admin rules of the program may be that will correct the issue.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:27 PM

POST ID # = 950162
Sathdora Reputation: 10
Default Run As Admin

I found the location of the program exe file and simply right clicked and "Troubleshoot Compatibility" I then gave the program more permissions by selecting "Troubleshoot Program" Once I did this I set it to save and the program launched again and then I could hear myself. Once I made those changes though the Corsair Utility Engine the volume worked like it should.

I also read some said that the mic would mute and it would be disable. I tried all those and I found this fixed this as well.

I hope this helps you all out. I have had to do this with other programs at work with Windows 10 so it was nothing new in the world of Windows 10 locking everything down.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:24 AM
Dark360's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950205
Dark360 Reputation: 10

The issue started in release 2.22.83.

I posted in the CUE v2.22.83 is now Live! thread and the CUE v.2.23.40 is now Live! thread as well as several others.

I have read here that if you "Troubleshoot Compatibility" of CUE and give it more permissions, this resolves the issue.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:12 PM
Riot-Racing's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950400
Riot-Racing Reputation: 10
Exclamation Corsair Void Pro RGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
With the newer Void Pro headsets, moving the headset arm up mutes the mic, and there is no audio input to capture a sidetone. The same would occur if you muted the mic with the button on the side of the ear cup. The mic arm mute is a feature a lot of users requested and was implemented. I'll pass the suggestion along to see if it can be select able, and see if it's something our engineers can include in CUE.
Hey Nick,

I just picked up my Void Pro and it mutes the mic and sidetone just fine. The problem I am having is when I mute the mic via the button or lifting the boom when I turn the mic back on via the button or lowering the boom sidetone stops working. It seems to be random. If I hold the mute button I hear "mic feedback off" if I hold it again I hear "mic feedback on" and everything works. But if I mute the mic again it does the same thing. But if I use the boom and mute the mic on and off quickly the sidetone seems to keep working. Also after sidetone stops working sometimes I can mute and unmute the mice a bunch of times and it will start working again.

Thanks
EJ

Old 04-16-2018, 01:06 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 950560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot-Racing View Post
Hey Nick,

I just picked up my Void Pro and it mutes the mic and sidetone just fine. The problem I am having is when I mute the mic via the button or lifting the boom when I turn the mic back on via the button or lowering the boom sidetone stops working. It seems to be random. If I hold the mute button I hear "mic feedback off" if I hold it again I hear "mic feedback on" and everything works. But if I mute the mic again it does the same thing. But if I use the boom and mute the mic on and off quickly the sidetone seems to keep working. Also after sidetone stops working sometimes I can mute and unmute the mice a bunch of times and it will start working again.

Thanks
EJ
EJ, we are aware of this bug, and working on a fix for it. Once the fix has been implemented, it will be part of a later update. Until the fix is implemented, you can click the sidetone volume in CUE and it will re-enable the sidetone feature if you have muted and un-muted the mic.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:16 PM

POST ID # = 955758
code0110 Reputation: 10
Default little late to the party but I offer a "fix"

So in messing with my headset I found out that you can long press the mic button to toggle mic feedback. If you toggle feedback off then on again it normally fixes this issue, and is slightly more convenient than having to open cue and change the volume.