The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2015, 01:33 PM

POST ID # = 823523
DerrHans Reputation: 10
Default Windows not Recognizing VOID Wireless as 7.1

Hi, i just got my VOID today.

Installed latest CUE and Firmware is 36.08..
My Windows 7 (ultimate) doesnt recognize the headset as 8 channel.

I can only select 2 channel in windows, the Dolby option is active in CUE (blue icon) but i dont see a LED lit up on my Mic ?

Old 12-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 823552
Corsair Chris Reputation: 10

Hey DerrHans,

First, uninstall CUE and make sure to check the "delete saved settings for all users" box.

Go into your Device Manager in Windows, go under "Sound, video and game controllers" and find "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset".

Right click "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" and select properties.

Under "Driver", click "Uninstall".

Reset your system, reinstall CUE, reset your system again. You should have the correct driver allowing you to see your headset as a 8 channel device.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:12 PM

POST ID # = 823565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Chris View Post
Hey DerrHans,

First, uninstall CUE and make sure to check the "delete saved settings for all users" box.

Go into your Device Manager in Windows, go under "Sound, video and game controllers" and find "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset".

Right click "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" and select properties.

Under "Driver", click "Uninstall".

Reset your system, reinstall CUE, reset your system again. You should have the correct driver allowing you to see your headset as a 8 channel device.
I did what you said, now windows doesnt see the correct driver (exclamation mark in front of it).

Old 12-03-2015, 03:25 PM

POST ID # = 823570

I uninstalled the driver...
Windowns now recognize the headset with windows default drivers (2 channels), headset works just not 8 channels.

When i search for new drivers in the device manager and browse to the Driver map in the Corsair Utility folder (program files (x86) and tell windows to install these drivers. Windows doesnt recognize the headset anymore and i get the exclamation mark again.

Any idea ?

Old 12-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 823571

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrHans View Post
I uninstalled the driver...
Windowns now recognize the headset with windows default drivers (2 channels), headset works just not 8 channels.

When i search for new drivers in the device manager and browse to the Driver map in the Corsair Utility folder (program files (x86) and tell windows to install these drivers. Windows doesnt recognize the headset anymore and i get the exclamation mark again.

Any idea ?
Wait... you didn't update the drivers through CUE the 2nd time? Could you provide screen shots on the exclamation mark that you're mentioning?

Old 12-03-2015, 03:35 PM

POST ID # = 823573

i got the exclamationmark right a way..

headset works with the windows default drivers..
But would like the 7.1 stuff tho ;)

Old 12-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 823621

Uninstall CUE and reinstall it, and let CUE update the drivers. You shouldn't have to search for the driver...

Old 12-04-2015, 04:44 AM

POST ID # = 823671

I did that, than i get the screen shot.

Only way to make the headset work is to use the basic Windows USB headset drivers by uninstalling driver in Device Manager and search for new hardware (finds headset, installs the windows USB headset drivers automagically). Headset Sound is great just not able to 7.1 atm.

My windows install is pretty darn old, and I decided to reinstall and make the upgrade to 10 this weekend (damn you headset, look what you did to me!).

If i have the same issues ill post again..

Old 12-07-2015, 02:21 AM
Reroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 824145
Reroz Reputation: 10

Hi DerrHans,

I think I have the same problem as yours. I got the device working after installing CUE following yuppicide method: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=152514
Which is same thing that what you've done. It's just that I then realized that although the device is working, it's not using the supposed driver..I assume?

The lighting function works fine. The device does exactly like the preview in CUE.
But the sound features are not. So, just like you, I don't have the surround function. Not just that, I'm quite sure the EQs don't function also. I don't notice any sound difference when I change between EQ presets. Do you experience this too?
To make sure, try this:
Modify one of the preset, 'Pure Direct' for example, by lowering the 3 most-left sliders (bass area) all the way down, while doing the opposite for the treble area, all the way up. Then while listening, change the preset to "Bass Boost". Do you notice any difference?
Those two presets are extremely different, but In my case, I don't hear any difference.
I do hear the feedbacks (the different beeping counts when preset change), but the sound is still the default, and is stereo.

Changing OS is hardly a solution I think, afterall, between the 3, isn't that Win7 is already the most stable of all. And fyi, I did updated my Windows 7 (x64)
I think this is software issue.

Any update from Corsair?

Old 12-08-2015, 04:18 AM

POST ID # = 824392
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Open Device manager. Are you getting a warning icon (exclamation mark) on the headset?

You can confirm whether Windows is using the Corsair drivers by right clicking the device>properties>driver.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:44 AM
Perius's PC Specs

POST ID # = 824607
Perius Reputation: 10

I have the same problem with Void usb 7.1

Old 12-09-2015, 07:44 AM

POST ID # = 824624

Right click the speaker icon>Playback devices>click the headset>properties>advanced>Is the default format on 8 channels and greyed out? or are you experiencing a driver issue?

Old 12-10-2015, 08:34 AM

POST ID # = 824801
Threx Reputation: 10

My windows 8.1 doesn't recognize the headset as a 7.1 headset, but I'm still getting surround sound.

Should I leave it as is or should I try to get windows to see it as 7.1?

Oh, another thing is I'm still getting surround even when the Dolby Surround button in CUE is deactivated. Is this normal?

Old 12-11-2015, 01:49 AM
Reroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 824939
Reroz Reputation: 10

Well, I already migrated to Win 10, and everything's functioning well now.
So case's closed for me, at least for now.But i really think there's some compatibility issue with Win 7 that Corsair team should check.

To check if Windows recognize the 7.1 headset:
Right click on the sound icon on the bottom right taskbar and choose "Playback Device".
Click on the VOID headset section and click the "Configure" or "Properties" and find the "Test" button.
If it's 7.1, you should hear 8 consecutive sounds in your headset (left, right, middle, left, right, left, right, middle). If you only hear 2 of them (left, right) and the test stopped, then windows recognize your device as stereo (2.0 or 2.1 channel)

I did this in Windows 10, but i think this function already exist in from W7.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:48 AM

POST ID # = 825352

@Threx,

Use Reroz's steps and see whether you get the 8 sounds. If you do, Windows recognises the headset as a 7.1 device.