The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 107 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 06:59 AM

POST ID # = 698590
Atnek Reputation: 10

Just use Razor Synapse 2.0 and stop trying to get these *****y drivers to work. Corsair should stick to making psu's and ram.

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:26 PM
War44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 698624
War44 Reputation: 10
Default Driver still preventing windows from going into sleep mode

Still the latest driver will not let win7 64bit go into sleep mode , I can NOT believe Corsair is not fixing this.
With NO audio stream playing this is what powercfg -requests bring up:

Quote:
C:>powercfg -requests
DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] Corsair Vengeance 2100 Headset (USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0A0A&MI_007&174022c0&
0&0000)
An audio stream is currently in use.
[DRIVER] Legacy Kernel Caller

AWAYMODE:
None.
Any solutions? Anybody else having this problems?

Old 02-22-2014, 01:30 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 698625
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by War44 View Post
Still the latest driver will not let win7 64bit go into sleep mode , I can NOT believe Corsair is not fixing this.
With NO audio stream playing this is what powercfg -requests bring up:

Any solutions? Anybody else having this problems?
how can the computer go into sleep mode which obviously turns power off to things and yet still expect things to work.

its akin to unplugging the computer then complaining because it doesnt work...

Old 02-22-2014, 02:23 PM
War44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 698633
War44 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
how can the computer go into sleep mode which obviously turns power off to things and yet still expect things to work.

its akin to unplugging the computer then complaining because it doesnt work...
You do sound confused , maybe you didn't take the time to read and understand my post. Maybe I was not clear in what my problem is. I will try to explain better:

When I leave my PC (and my desk) and don't come back for Hours or until next day I would like it to go into sleep mode at a predetermined time , like after one hour of inactivity , this way when I am good and ready to come back to it everything is still there and my PC was NOT on the whole time. It has been working like this up to the day I install the Corsair Vengeance 2100 headset drivers , now it never go to sleep , the Corsair driver (WITH NO AUDIO STREAM PLAYING) keeps the PC from going to sleep. No matter how you look at this (from every possible angle) the Corsair driver does not need to keep the PC awake for hours or days at the time.
I can only hope that I made my problem less ambiguous to understand and that someone from Corsair acknowledges this bug in the headset drivers.
I have multiple Corsair products in my PC I am not try to bash Corsair.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:13 PM

POST ID # = 698760
m4gic Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurin View Post
I'm using these drivers, the mic does not have "mic boost" and it's also missing from the windows microphone control panel settings (boost +10 dB) etc. The mic is really really low even at 100 volume, no one can hear me in games or skype or anything, they only hear me slightly WHEN I YELL. I have the mic positioned very close to my mouth too, even closer than previous mics i've used.
I'd like to request a mic boost option as well. Even at 100% with the boom as close to my mouth as I can make it go, the mic is quiet enough that others have to have their game volume turned down and receive volume maxed out to hear me comfortably. (Vengeance 2100)

Otherwise, haven't run into any major issues with the headset yet but I've only had it for a few days.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 PM
LadyBrecky's PC Specs

POST ID # = 698775
LadyBrecky Reputation: 10

So am I missing something or have the drivers gotten progressively worse? I tried out this driver and 2.0.16 and both are much worse than the old 1.1 so I switched back. I hate the annoying blue and red LED flashing instead of the solid blue/red, 7.1 now also has a horrible echo on these new drivers. The only reason I want to use these new drivers is because they fixed the issue where the headset is much louder than it should be, I have my windows audio currently at 74% and most games are usually low to half way in volume because they are so insanely loud otherwise.

Are there any fixes for this issue on 1.1? Because I refuse to use these new drivers with all the new issues listed. These driver problems are making me want to pick a new headset, I love the build quality and sound quality of this headset but these issues are just too severe.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:35 AM
JasSmith87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 698790
JasSmith87 Reputation: 10

I have finally abandoned the Corsair headphones and picked up some Sennheiser PC 363D, the difference is amazing. I know I wont be getting a refund but I am supremely upset that it came to this :/ I wont be abandoning Corsair as a brand, good hardware has come from here. I love my mice and keyboards and cases and memory and pretty much anything that doesn't require complex software. Corsair will never again sell me anything that requires a driver to enjoy however.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:27 AM
ramzanox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 698828
ramzanox Reputation: 10

volume still too loud. can only have 4/100
equilizer still doesnt work like in driver 1.1.1
mute light flashes, not a problem for me

Last edited by ramzanox; 02-24-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:49 AM
TylerAD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 698850
TylerAD Reputation: 10

So far so good. Once the line in and mic are muted the hissing is gone. Sounds good in Bf4. Will test more when i have the chance.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:12 PM
lukian's PC Specs

POST ID # = 698854
lukian Reputation: 10

I have the Vengeance® 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset (not the V2) and I can not even install this drive (CorsairHeadsetSetup_Release_2.0.26.msi) in Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit!

I always get the two error messages like that:

1: "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem in the package. The error code was 2503."

2: "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem in the package. The error code was 2502."

Then the installer ends prematurely.

It's almost six months since I can not use my headphone.
What could I do?

Old 02-25-2014, 10:10 AM
ramzanox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 699027
ramzanox Reputation: 10

have you tested on an another computer that they work?

Old 02-26-2014, 03:51 AM
JusticeX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 699170
JusticeX Reputation: 10

Well shortly after I made my post I was able to remove Corsairs previous driver/software using a 3rd party uninstaller (IObit Uninstaller) this allowed me to install the most current drivers with out any issue.

Well at least the headset is not as loud like it was originally at 2/100 volume now its more like 16/100 for me, very slight improvement to say the least.
Honestly I haven't bothered much at all since i bought these headsets with 5.1/ 7.1 surround sounds. The bass isn't just there for me. So I've been at 2.0 for ever.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:44 PM
Kiske's PC Specs

POST ID # = 699225
Kiske Reputation: 10

Please, you must remove the red/blue blinking mute light from the 1500. Revert to what was before: Blue=on, Red=mute.
It's so disturbing to have something flashing in the peripheral vision.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:57 PM

POST ID # = 699269
CBoismenu Reputation: 10

I agree with the previous post, the blinking ligths are annoying.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Johnsen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 699581
Johnsen Reputation: 10

Am I the only one who still have to keep the volume down to around 4 with the latest driver? 2.0.26 ?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerAD View Post
So far so good. Once the line in and mic are muted the hissing is gone. Sounds good in Bf4. Will test more when i have the chance.
Yeah I have the exact same issue with my brand new 1500 v2 here. I should have read the forum before buying these.. I cant even get myself to resell them as noone should suffer under these software issues.

Its a shame tho, the sound is good, and the build quality is ace, it really makes me sad how a potential great product like this can be ruined by bad drivers..

Tags
2.0.26, headset, vengeance