The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Giant Tiger's PC Specs

POST ID # = 712289
Giant Tiger Reputation: 10

Signing this thread to say I also have the same issues. Not good...

Also, uninstalling the software improved the issue, but still some audible hissing. Going to do some more testing and report back. Such a shame tech doesn't work out of the box - will return these tomorrow if I can and buy a pair that work as advertised.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:50 PM

POST ID # = 715541
chronidus Reputation: 10

Only recently bought a V2 and it has this problem under Windows 8.1 update one. Things I have noticed:

Quote:
Problem shows up in any program that uses the mic, skype config pages, the microphone settings in control panel etc
Line in does reduce the noise but does not fully eliminate it
The louder the microphone the lower the whine
Muting the mic increases the whine
Problem is present with both Windows Driver & Corsair Driver however the Windows driver seems to suffer far less than the Corsair one.
Problem is non-existent in Linux, works perfectly.
(I am a PC Builder) Tested on 3 PCS in 3 different houses, also tested those PC's here. All display the same problem under Windows 8.1 but not under linux
Is there absolutely no fix on the horizon because if there isn't then I very much doubt i'll buy another Corsair Audio product in future because of quality concerns, not something I am used to having to deal with when buying Corsair products.

Last edited by chronidus; 06-17-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:49 PM

POST ID # = 743446
Grom Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Unfortunately, posting the same thing over and over again for me to see isn't going to make any update come out any sooner than when it is ready. I understand your frustration but I cannot make or speed things up.
posted 03-20-2013, 12:05 PM

I just made this account to tell you that its been a long time since we heard from you. And yes im another annoyed customer that have the same issues with my headset corsair vengeance 1500. So please tell us when is the fix coming

PS. I bought this corsair masterpiece 1 month ago hoping that my frist 7.1 surround sound headset would rock balls and unfortunately they just dropped.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:45 AM
Onethirtyeight's PC Specs

POST ID # = 745165
Onethirtyeight Reputation: 10
Default Just bought Corsair 1500 ... and probably going to return them

The loud shrill is driving me crazy. These have to go back. Can't tolerate that noise.
Corsair, please fix this. No wonder you guys were clearing these out so cheap.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:20 AM
Onethirtyeight's PC Specs

POST ID # = 745168
Onethirtyeight Reputation: 10

And it's a real shame too. I wanted to go all Corsair for my setup. I bought the M85 mouse and K70 keyboard, Corsair 128GB SSD, Corsair DDR3 RAM... and then these squealing headphones.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:20 PM

POST ID # = 745982
dragm Reputation: 10

Would like to expand on this issue. I just purchased the 1500 v2 headset and this is what I've observed:

With the latest drivers (2.0.35):

- The mic in CS:GO has absolutely horrible buzzing feedback. Works ok everywhere else though. Using 1.1.1 drivers, I am able to remedy this by going into the recording options -> enhancements and enabling the "Low Frequency Protection" enhancement. Driver 2.0.35, however, has no such option.

- Mute lights are annoying

- Volume way too loud

- Able to mute line-in and mic to eliminate hissing feedback noise.

With drivers 1.1.1:

- Enhancement tab is available (able to eliminate buzzing in CS GO)

- Volume still too loud, but not as loud as 2.0.35

- Unable to mute line-in to eliminate hissing feedback noise

Essentially, if we can get a combination of the two, or at least the recording enhancement tab, so I can use the low frequency protection, I would be ok.

** Update: I was able to use drivers 2.0.35 and fix my mic issues and the loudness issue using the EqualizerAPO software that was posted in another thread***

These are config file settings:

Device: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset Speakers
Preamp: -12 dB

Device: Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset Microphone
Filter 1: ON HP Fc 90,0 Hz

What this essentially does is combine the volume reduction fix (found in the other thread) and I've added the "Low Frequency Protection" feature that was in the enhancement tab from the v1.1.1 drivers by using a high pass filter with a response of 90Hz. This eliminates all the buzzing and feedback from my mic in games like CS GO.

And I can use the v2.0.35 driver to mute the mic and line in channels under the speaker playback tab!

If anyone needs any help getting this setup, let me know. I spent quite a lot of time today trying to sort all of this out.

Last edited by dragm; 12-09-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:13 AM

POST ID # = 747143
Grom Reputation: 10

Im impressed dragm I will definitely try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Anyway I already got myself new headphones from Razer and I do recomend this pair cos its top notch lads! Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma freaking awesome!