The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Phreec's PC Specs

POST ID # = 641701
Phreec Reputation: 10

Confirmed to fix the annoying white noise, now please update the drivers!

I'm getting VERY impatient with your drivers Corsair. I would advise everyone to stay away from your audio products since the drivers don't properly work and aren't updated when solutions like these surface from the userbase. I didn't pay for a surround headset to have Windows drivers with sub-par surround function!

Old 03-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 641703
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Unfortunately, posting the same thing over and over again for me to see isn't going to make any update come out any sooner than when it is ready. I understand your frustration but I cannot make or speed things up.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Phreec's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643777
Phreec Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Unfortunately, posting the same thing over and over again for me to see isn't going to make any update come out any sooner than when it is ready. I understand your frustration but I cannot make or speed things up.
Well I'm glad these new drivers finally fixed the issue. Being able to mute the Line-In really fixed it and I can once again enjoy better sound (still cheap USB sound, but good enough for my wallet).

Also of course my rant wasn't aimed at you or any CS staff. I've only had the greatest experience with Corsairs CS.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Deraios's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644171
Deraios Reputation: 10

LOL

I love how they deleted my massive ragepost on this topic but whatever (or I really failed at clicking the "post reply" button and the post was never there).

By muting the Line slider in the speaker settings the noise is finally gone (thanks guys!) but that only applies to the standard microsoft usb driver.

This Audio-thing Corsair is doing, can't be taken seriously since it seems like a HUGE failure in terms of quality-testing and support. It's just laughable.

Anyway, regarding my ragepost. This is the short, non-rage version:

The problem is over 1 year old and should have sorted out back then. I couln't believe my eyes as I saw this topic after a year of buying this product and reporting this problem. Last Corsair product for me and anyone, who ever wants a suggestion from me.

I'm glad I didn't touch their RAMs (I have a Corsair Case, but you can't really fail when designing a simple metal structure). I would have killed someone if a vital part of my Computer is as poorly supported as that.

Last edited by Deraios; 04-01-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:12 AM

POST ID # = 657257
dstriderx Reputation: 10
Default Corsair 1500 microphone hiss/whine still an issue

Just purchased my 1500s two months ago, and I am experiencing the same annoying sound problems when the microphone is active.

I cannot believe with so many current posts and a closed thread (with over 100 posts of owners reporting the issue), that Corsair has yet to admit there is a problem. There are some people documenting the microphone issue on YouTube as well that describes the whine we are all experiencing.

They instruct users to try on multiple machines, however, they don't provide any details about which machines they tested the 1500's on. Even after customers RMA'd their 1500's and receive new headsets.

If I knew this was an issue, I would have never purchased the 1500. I only did it because I read the Amazon reviews and Corsair replied to directly to assist with the problem (re: reputation).

Why can't Corsair come up with more creative solutions. For example, write a batch script that will fetch our systems configurations and the details they require for those 1500 headset owners that are affected? Or why not contact the most vocal (and most technical) owners direct to work on a solution.

I appreciate the fact they are willing to offer an RMA, but if owners are still getting duds -- I think more investigation is required. Hopefully, a solution will be found soon.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:58 PM

POST ID # = 661793
Unsaid Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstriderx View Post
Just purchased my 1500s two months ago, and I am experiencing the same annoying sound problems when the microphone is active.

I cannot believe with so many current posts and a closed thread (with over 100 posts of owners reporting the issue), that Corsair has yet to admit there is a problem. There are some people documenting the microphone issue on YouTube as well that describes the whine we are all experiencing.

They instruct users to try on multiple machines, however, they don't provide any details about which machines they tested the 1500's on. Even after customers RMA'd their 1500's and receive new headsets.

If I knew this was an issue, I would have never purchased the 1500. I only did it because I read the Amazon reviews and Corsair replied to directly to assist with the problem (re: reputation).

Why can't Corsair come up with more creative solutions. For example, write a batch script that will fetch our systems configurations and the details they require for those 1500 headset owners that are affected? Or why not contact the most vocal (and most technical) owners direct to work on a solution.

I appreciate the fact they are willing to offer an RMA, but if owners are still getting duds -- I think more investigation is required. Hopefully, a solution will be found soon.

Won't be found because no one is searching for it...

Old 06-28-2013, 12:31 AM
StareX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 662072
StareX Reputation: 10

Confirmed.. the problem is with me also, muting Line should do the work.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:11 PM

POST ID # = 663423
JDx Reputation: 10

I have the same problem as described

I also may note that I got Ubuntu on same machine, and there the headset doesnt have that noise when mic on

any solution yet ?

Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 PM

POST ID # = 668956
rangle Reputation: 10

Hi, I just bought Vengeance 1500 today. When I go to Recording Devices to set up the mic I noticed the whine too. Too bad I didn't know about this thread before buying the headset. But, at least I can still return it. I guess based on reading the forum this defect is treated as a myth which baffled me.

Update 1: Switching driver to Microsoft standard and muting the Line in does make the high pitch whine go away. Unfortunately, you loose all the nifty enhancements from the control panel. But, I found out that if you switch the driver back to Corsair without restarting the high pitch whine is reduced significantly and you can use corsair control panel. The downside is you have to switch back and forth between driver every time you restart the PC. Hopefully this will help people who can't stand the whine noise but still want to use the control panel enhancements. Mind you this doesn't get rid of the noise but just reduce it significantly.

Last edited by rangle; 08-07-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:15 AM

POST ID # = 669464
Scotteh Reputation: 10

Good shout on taking them back Rangle, I bought them when at an iSeries event earlier this year after recommendations from some of my friends. However, this high pitched whine is ridiculous, I have waited and waited patiently for this problem to be fixed, and after months it still hasn't. It's quite frankly shocking, I've warned the rest of my group not to buy them and advised those I know within Multiplay not to advertise or push them either.

A company such as Corsair which aims products like these at gamers to not address such an issue after being given a LOT of time, considering it occurs ANY time the microphone is activated, e.g. on Teamspeak, is disgusting.

There has been very little feedback from the company also, as you said....it's treated like a myth. Even though I have just bought and built a brand new machine and the same problem occurs.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:55 AM

POST ID # = 670362
xBLiNG Reputation: 10

Changing the drivers worked for me, however would still like a proper fix from Corsair, as like others have said, no Corsair Control Panel and I have to have the Windows volume at 2%

Old 09-04-2013, 03:52 PM

POST ID # = 672945
DangerFace Reputation: 10

I can confirm this. On windows 7 64 bit and the corsair drivers I get constant background noise and high pitch whine when recording the mic. Tried different usb ports and another computer same thing.

This fix has removed the whine and the background noise now the audio quality is now grate but as the corsair drivers are not installed the controls do not work.

When are the drivers going to be updated? This issue was reported 8 months ago and the only real communication from corsair seems to be along the lines of maby we will fix it some time.

I would also like to point out that this is probably costing corsair alot of money as a friend asked me a few months ago what headset I would recommend and I advised him against corsair if I was getting the sound quality im getting today months ago with proper drivers I would have highly recommended the headset. Also the cost of all the pointless rmas that wont solve this issue im sure is starting to stack up. Why not just spend a bit of time and money fixing the drivers?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:07 AM
ChaChaLoco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 685896
ChaChaLoco Reputation: 10

Confirmed, having this exact issue. None of the proposed solutions work.
I had already muted the Line option in Windows Sound Playback devices as failing to do so produced white noise. Likewise I had muted the Microphone option in Windows Sound Playback devices as if I didn't the sound the Microphone picked up was fed back through the headset and I could hear myself speak and my breathing.
There is no Line option or any option other than 'Microphone' in Windows Sound Recording Devices.
Eagerly awaiting a fix and a response to my ticket on the issue.
I also got BSOD's when trying to use a USB 3.0 slot, so instead I just use a USB 2.0 slot and that fixed that issue.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:24 AM
ChaChaLoco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 686123
ChaChaLoco Reputation: 10

Yes, this fixed worked for me. I had white noise with the Line option in Windows sound unmuted. So I turned it down to 0 and muted it, I also turned the Microphone down to 0 and muted it in the Playback Devices tab because if I didn't then I could hear myself and my breathing in the microphone. :P

Old 05-23-2014, 07:33 PM

POST ID # = 711951
nick112 Reputation: 10

for me it helped when i remove the corsair drivers and put the line off. But ave i lost capability of 7.1 sound?