The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Fatal Octave's PC Specs

POST ID # = 642690
Fatal Octave Reputation: 10

Lack of support on this is just too much...it's taken way too long with still no progress at all. Sorry Corsair, your other products are great, but I'm going elsewhere for headsets.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:40 PM
shankly1985's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643457
shankly1985 Reputation: 10

@RAM_Guy
Latest Drivers on 1500 Sound is 100% better thanks
It still plays out other sides but its not as clear hard to explain lol.

Anyway played some games and I could easy tell where they sound was coming from.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Satheon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644220
Satheon Reputation: 10

I am also having this issue with my Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset.

The most common occurrence of this happening is when I'm playing Skyrim, a few minutes after getting into the game the audio reverses, sounds coming from my left are played through my right ear phone and sounds from my right are played through my left earphone.

This has been happening for a while now and is starting to get very frustrating, due to having to close the game and restart it each time this happens just for it to happen again in 15 minutes.

This has also happened in Minecraft so it can't be a problem with the game.

I have tried with both the 1.1 and 2.0.7 drivers and they both produce the same results.

Any ideas on what I can do to stop this from happening?

Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Zaltor's PC Specs

POST ID # = 659801
Zaltor Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satheon View Post
Any ideas on what I can do to stop this from happening?
Do what I did and throw that POS in the trash, They will never fix it and they don't care they make defective products and while we complain about the fact we paid for something that is defective, they get some guy here to blow smoke up our asses while they move on to the next generation of garbage products. I gave them 1 year and what have they done.....

I went and bought a head set from a competitor... you know the kind that work like they say.... I should send corsair the invoice and have them pay. or we should start a class action suit against them Ive personally had them do this to me several times. They have zero accountability they should have pulled this trash from the selves, fixed the issue and replaced all of our headsets.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Creedo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 660664
Creedo Reputation: 10

I have same issue with Skyrim, Battlefield 3, and Planetside 2. My only solution is to physically turn the headset around which would not be so bad if it were not for the fact the mic cannot be spun around to the front.

Bottom line is this is just not a good gaming headset unless the drivers can correct the issue.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:54 AM

POST ID # = 660701
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

You can try the v2.0.7 drivers (V1500/V2000) and see if that helps.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:31 AM
revenile's PC Specs

POST ID # = 662096
revenile Reputation: 10

Hmm it seems that changing it to the Dolby 5.1 setting has stopped it for now, after an hour and a half of Skyrim, no sound switches.

Nope, still an issue. This really depresses me and angers me to no end. I don't have the income to just trash these and buy a different set.

Last edited by revenile; 07-01-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:43 AM

POST ID # = 662862
Viperan Reputation: 10

So my problems went away after i switched out my amd card with an nvidia video card. Also when i think about it my reverse audio problems started after i connected a tv to my computer.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 PM
revenile's PC Specs

POST ID # = 662865

I've had my computer connected to a monitor for a long time now, and I've been using Nvidia cards for long before I had this headset. Glad the issue seems to be gone for you, though, but I'd still like to see SOMETHING from RAM Guy on anything involving this, cause it's been a year now, and it's also happening on their HS1 headset too from what I can see.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 664060
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to replicate it here even with the same hardware from those who experience the issue.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:05 AM

POST ID # = 665694
nomnompie Reputation: 10

I have been looking for a new headset and was considering getting these, but I decided to stop by the forums and see if this issue existed, and I am surprised it has not been mentioned by anybody yet but this exact same problem happened on the last gen Corsair headsets too (I used to have a Corsair HS1 headset, and at the time there was a forum post EXACTLY like this one).. So whatever you guys didn't change in the engineering/surround sound implementation is what is causing the problem..

It is truly a shame..

Old 07-26-2013, 08:07 PM
CryGuy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 666967
CryGuy Reputation: 10

Same problem here since I have it. I'm a software developer for 27 years and I know what I'm doing with my machine. Mentioned the problem the first time on 12-17-2011 in the German forums, and now here. Still no fix, no driver update since then. This is really disappointing. It happens in all games, no matter whether 5.1 or 7.1 is active within the Corsair control panel. Almost every time when Alt+tabbing out of the game, but rarely without doing this. So, several times going in out in out in out in out of the game sometimes helps.

I've just quitted playing because it's unplayable if the shots are not coming from where the sound is coming from.

And, yes, reboot doesn't help if this will be a question. Reinstall neither, even Win reinstall. Problem independent from USB port.

Last edited by CryGuy; 07-26-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: url added

Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 AM
revenile's PC Specs

POST ID # = 667506

@cryguy You're somewhat fortunate that it doesn't happen to you when actually playing. The sound reverses every time without fail when loading into a new area on Rage, and in Skyrim it will switch 3-4 times in less than 2 seconds sometimes, like whenever the game hitches up for loading. If I have a browser on youtube paused and do anything, or heck just leave at that it will sometimes switch too. I was hoping to buy some new games at PAX this year but I guess I'll be getting a new headset. The fact this has been a problem in the base driver structure for at least 2 years, over multiple headset models is a real shame.

It's like I've said before, the actual build quality is nice, they've survived me this long, that in itself is a miracle, but this issue... I don't see how they can not experience it with "The same hardware." I'm wondering if maybe...just maybe there's a codec somewhere that is interfering with the drivers.

Last edited by revenile; 07-30-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:15 PM
CryGuy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 667700

As a developer myself, I've tried to narrow the problem down. I wrote a simple program just outputting sound (using DirectSound) on the left side. I was not able to reproduce the problem. The sound was always on the left side.

I started StarCraft II, Alt+tabbed out of it, then back again. Channels swapped now! I've started my own test program again and the channels are swapped there, too.

I've opened the configuration panel (see attached screenshot) and ran the test. The channels are also swapped there. It took three times of Alt+tabbing in and out from SC2 to make this test work correctly again. But again, it's independent from the game as it happens with every game. In any case it must not happen.

EDIT: More information: I was only able to reproduce the problem if the game is in fullscreen mode, but not in windowed mode. About every 3rd time I activate or deactivate the game, the song I'm playing in the background is jumping from one side to the other (again, it should come from the left side).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bild176.jpg (55.4 KB, 205 views)

Last edited by CryGuy; 07-31-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:28 PM
CryGuy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 667708

More information #2:
It's not required to start a game. Have the song running at my left ear and just pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del swaps the channels! Pressing ESC to return swaps them again. Swapping doesn't happen every time but about every 4th time. This is really easy to reproduce.

Very interesting: I have "M?Ì afterburner" running in the background. It has the capability to record screen+audio. Note: As long as I'm capturing video+audio, I can go to the Alt+Ctrl+Del screen and back as many times as I want without the problem occuring. EDIT: The problem also occurs if that tool is not running at all, so it shouldn't be the cause of the problem. Again, it happens in stereo, 5.1 and 7.1 mode.

EDIT:
More information #3:
The previous example was using a mono sound source positioned in 3D space at the left ear.
Now I found out that the problem also occurs with a stereo sound source while playback is not making use of 3D positioning. That means left channel becomes right and vice versa.

Last edited by CryGuy; 07-31-2013 at 02:13 PM.