The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 148 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 05:54 AM

POST ID # = 581391
Guf Reputation: 10
Default Vengeance 2000 - charge light solid amber

Greetings!

I was charging my Vengeance 2000, turned them on, didn't get any sound, turned them off again. Noticed that the charge light was solid amber, not slowly blinking amber as it is supposed to be. If I pull the charge plug the light does not turn off but is still solid amber.

Any suggestions?

Old 05-30-2012, 12:38 PM

POST ID # = 581431

Well, I solved the problem by letting the battery drain and then charging the headphones again, but I couldn't use the headphones for several hours.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 581510
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

It sounds like your charge was all the way down. Did you use the headset to the level where you started hearing the beep warning to re charge?

Old 06-01-2012, 05:58 AM

POST ID # = 581853

The headset had started beeping, yes.
However, the quick start guide says that the light should be fast blinking red when the charge is low, not solid amber. I have noticed that the light is always solid amber when you start charging the headset and this changes after a few seconds, but it did not change in the incident mentioned above.

I also found it strange that the charge light was still on when I pulled the plug. When I tried to start the headset a second time the big status light went solid blue and stayed that way, and as I said, I could not use the headset.

I have not encountered this behavior from the headset again, even when the charge has gone low.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 582200

What you had going on does not sound normal. If it comes up again please send us a message and we can talk about next steps.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:45 PM

POST ID # = 582464

Alright, it happened again. However, I did not have to wait several hours this time.

I was using the headset normally, the charge cable was not plugged in. I plugged the charge cable in because I wanted to make sure I had enough charge later on, the headset had not started beeping. I continued using the headset for a while, then turned them off and let them sit for a while. When I tried to turn them on the next time it did not work - the charge light was solid amber and the blue indicator light was solid. When I unplugged the charge cable the charge light was still solid amber. I did not notice if it was solid amber before I tried to turn them on again.

This time I just let the headphones sit, with the charge cable in for a couple of minutes. When I unplugged the charge cable the lights went off and the headset worked perfectly when I turned them on.

Quote:
If it comes up again please send us a message and we can talk about next steps.
Send you a message where? A note, on http://www.corsair.com/en/support/technicalsupport/, one can not choose Corsair Vengeance 2000.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 582940

How long are you letting the Head sets charge? And I will get them added to the list ASAP.
If it continues please use the link on the left and request an RMA and choose the closest part and let me know the case number and we will fix it.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 AM

POST ID # = 585019
Freefall552 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guf View Post
Alright, it happened again. However, I did not have to wait several hours this time.

I was using the headset normally, the charge cable was not plugged in. I plugged the charge cable in because I wanted to make sure I had enough charge later on, the headset had not started beeping. I continued using the headset for a while, then turned them off and let them sit for a while. When I tried to turn them on the next time it did not work - the charge light was solid amber and the blue indicator light was solid. When I unplugged the charge cable the charge light was still solid amber. I did not notice if it was solid amber before I tried to turn them on again.

This time I just let the headphones sit, with the charge cable in for a couple of minutes. When I unplugged the charge cable the lights went off and the headset worked perfectly when I turned them on.

Send you a message where? A note, on http://www.corsair.com/en/support/technicalsupport/, one can not choose Corsair Vengeance 2000.
I have exactly this excpet that I can't turn the headset on or off. Both lights are solid and the blue light only stops if I unplug the wireless reciever. It happend when I was gonna charge it because I wanted to make sure I could use it for a longer period later. I did not hear the low battery beep before charging it. It's been over an hour now and the blue light is still on and the solid amber light is on too.

EDIT: Now the battery got drained and I'm charging them. The amber light is now blinking but I can't turn on the headset.

Last edited by Freefall552; 06-17-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 585045
Wired Reputation: 32

Don't try to turn it on before it has fully charged for the first time.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 06-17-2012, 04:52 PM

POST ID # = 585048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Don't try to turn it on before it has fully charged for the first time.
I've used it for a week and the problem occured today.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 585049
Wired Reputation: 32

I wonder if a full discharge is somehow the same as the state it's in from the factory.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 06-17-2012, 06:46 PM

POST ID # = 585058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
I wonder if a full discharge is somehow the same as the state it's in from the factory.
They're working now after I fully recharged them

Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 AM

POST ID # = 598010
Saifork Reputation: 10

This happened to me, i have had them for two months and they have been working great untill now. They lights are allways on and i cant use them. I will let them drain out and charge them to see if they will work.

BTW! if i play music or a youtube video its lagging, it wont go smooth untill i remove the dongle and activate my computer speakers. So when they are in this weird state everything laggs when it comes to videos and sounds

Last edited by Saifork; 08-22-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 598055

There is a bug from what some members have reported here regarding Flash, especially on Google Chrome. What browser are you using?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:37 PM
merlin01's PC Specs

POST ID # = 605002
merlin01 Reputation: 10

Mine seem to have just died - out of the blue....
Only been using them for about a week (twice to be specific) on my new box...
Went to turn them on tonight and the blue light didn't come on after pressing the power button, I thought that was weird so I plugged the power lead in just to see if it was a power issue and there was no light from the mini-usb either....
The dongle works, flashes blue when enabled and takes over priority as my playback device, however the phones simply won't turn on or charge.......
Anyone had that issue before???

Closed Thread