Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2018, 10:41 PM
Toledo5189's PC Specs

POST ID # = 959003
Toledo5189 Reputation: 10
Woah! LL RGB with more than 6 fans

I know this question has most likely been asked and probably in multiple variants but I am having a hard time finding a solid answer.

I am working on a build that will have 6x 120mm LL RGB fans and 1x 140mm LL RGB fans. I currently have all of the fans as well as an RGB Lighting Hub, a Lighting Node PRO and a Commander Pro. It would be really great to have the 7th fan work with the sequential animations but from what I have read I am not clear on whether that is possible. Below are the 3 configurations that I can come up with to integrate the 7th fan. Hoping someone can shed some light on the 7+ fan conundrum and if there is a setup that Corsair is working on supporting with future software updates.

Setup 1:
Purchase a second RGB Lighting Hub and daisy chain it to the system (from what I understand the Corsair software will allow complete control or the 7th fan but sequential effects like pong will not function properly.

Setup 2:
Tie two fans into one Light Hub connection using a custom splitter. I will obviously not have the sequential animations working as two fans will be identical and I will also not be able to control the 7th fan individually. **Not even sure if splitting the connection will even work, this is the cheap and easy compromise**

Setup 3:
Use one of the 2 RGB ports on the Lighting Node Pro as I would not mind sacrificing an RGB strip as I may leave them out of the build anyways. **Will Corsair's software recognize the 7th fan through the Lighting Node Pro and if so would it be considered fan #0 or #7, or am I just out of luck on the sequential animations with this as well.

Sorry for the long post and like I said I am sure this has been answered but I keep seeing people going back and forth and nothing seems to be clear.

Thanks!

Tags
7 or more fans, ll fans, rgb fans