The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2017, 06:56 AM

POST ID # = 921691
TechnoCat Reputation: 10
Default Planning to build in an Obsidian 250D, Need your help on airflow and GPU

I am in process of making my first self-built pc's specifications, And I want it to be a Mini ITX, or if there are fairly small mATX it'd be ok too.
I layed my eyes on the Obsidian 250D, which looks like a great case, I just have some questions.
First: I need this computer to be more quiet than usual, the reason I returned my previous pc was because it was loud as a vacuum cleaner while playing overwatch.
I just need to know: Is the 250D's Airflow good? are it's fans fairly quiet?
Will I need to buy extra fans for it to be quiet?
also, the cpu is planned to be an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 which is already equipped with a Wraith Spire cooler, so keep that in mind.

2nd thing: The GPU. In where I live, the GTX 980 costs 75$ less than the 1060, which might not sound like a big deal, but if i'm going with the 1060 it makes the pc beyond my budget and i'll need to go for a lower end cpu, like the Ryzen 5 1400. So my first question is: Will I get much difference with the 1060?
and 2nd GPU question: I am not sure that this specific GTX 980 fits the Obsidian 250D, although I read a review saying you can fit it if you remove the optical drive bay (also I am not getting an optical drive) and the front fan (but you can return it after the installation), so that's something I need to be sure about too.

Thanks

Tags
airflow, gpu, obisidian 250d