The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 641386
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Do you get this buzz if you use a different charging cable? Do you have a cell phone charger to test with as well? Finally, can you try it on your friend's PC in a different location? I'd like to know the results, especially to the last one, to see if its a possible grounding issue.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:54 PM

POST ID # = 669768
Kurp Reputation: 10

Hi, I had the same problem. I don't mind the very quiet feedback, but I had a annoyingly loud booming noise whenever my microphone was activated (pulled down). Apparently even my friends could hear it trough Teamspeak.

I figured the problem after going through all kinds of menus and settings; I had my recharging cable connected. The instant I took it off, the booming noise ended, mic on or off. (If it matters at all, the cable was connected to my Logitech G11 USB-slot, and I didn't try other USB-slots if they produce the booming noise)

Sorry if I'm reviving an old thread, but it's the top result in Google for this problem, so I figured I'd post my case.

PS: Now that that's taken care of, I LOVE this headset!

Old 08-15-2013, 05:02 AM

POST ID # = 670008
megabytes Reputation: 10

I agree with what people are saying here. The feedback wasn't in my headphone yesterday, I booted up my computer this afternoon after work and its suddenly there.
Its incredibly annoying.
In the drivers there is a 'check microphone' when I click it to on it gives me an echo. Its really really annoying.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:27 PM

POST ID # = 673368
wyze Reputation: 10

So, the bottom line is that this $150 headset has a "feature" called Loopback. Loopback is apparently "common" among USB Wireless headsets, (which it isn't, I've owned plenty) and for this particular headset and driver, disabling is not an option. Also there is nothing that can be done to even lessen the blow of how much sound is played back.
I've searched high and low through threads and forums, and every single one ends up like this.
Last time I ever buy a product from Corsair. Ridiculous.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Kamikazi2142's PC Specs

POST ID # = 700798
Kamikazi2142 Reputation: 10

this buzz, this distortion, this loopback, i know it all too well, spent nearly 30 minutes creating a profile just to reply to this and revive this Thread as this issue is not resolved and/or remedied. I am willing to work cooperatively and interactively to help fix this problem, my first solution applies to the buzzing...

Though it does Buzz it is nowhere near as intense as the previous user mentions and members to my Teamspeak server hardly hear it. My trick to effectively killing audio buzz on nearly anything i put through my computer? Simple, pricey, but simple... THIS power filter will effectively eliminate any static buzz or hiss from your desktop speakers, and greatly reduces the recharging buzz off my USB Hub.

Only problem i encountered with this headset that is not capable of being fixed, is that the Right Earcup broke at the swivel, and learning an RMA was issued to me, well after it expired, i decided looks werent important to me, but strength was, since this headset sounds pretty good, i used 3 Zip Ties, 2 Plastic knives, and some packaging tape, lightweight and effective, holds it together like a pro. Mac Guyver Level 10.

Last edited by Kamikazi2142; 03-09-2014 at 03:49 PM.