The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 07:30 PM
DoctorBishop's PC Specs

POST ID # = 547606
DoctorBishop Reputation: 10

I am also being plagued by this problem. It's difficult to pin down when it started because:

My first HS1 worked great but was RMA'd due to a short that developed in the cable. At the same time as this RMA, I also upgraded my computer with a new mobo/etc. So besides being on a new headset, I am on also effectively on a new computer.

I've read over this thread and have been trying to ignore the problem in hopes that a future driver update will fix it, but it's getting more and more frustrating.

Is there any new info on this? Or anything I can do to help get this issue pinned down? I'm almost frustrated enough to just buy a different headset but I really enjoyed my HS1 when it was working and I'd like to stick it out if a solution is in sight.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:13 PM

POST ID # = 557621
shrty Reputation: 10

RAM GUY / Corsair: could you please answer this thread?

I've finally formatted and reinstalled Windows 7 64, but the issue STILL remains.
This is so frustrating, especially since my "quick fix" worked for other customers having the same issue: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...4&postcount=89

I have been troubleshooting for several months now and i'm starting to get frustrated.

I've run that youtube video way over 500 times, while gaming, just to correct the sound channels. Happens all the time, and you never know before u hear enemies come from left and actually comes from right...

ATTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Magnusen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 557662
Magnusen Reputation: 10

Same problem here, left turn into right and right into left randomly when playing, watching a movie... even with all other sound devices desactivated and all drivers tested (1.0/ 1.1)

apps :
- steam
- mumble
- origin
- Battlefield 3
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Skyrim
- Vlc

please find a fix !

Old 01-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Furax44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 557971
Furax44 Reputation: 10

FINALLY ! I thought I was the only one xD. My retailer won't accept the RMA.
Exactly the same problem, it's very disturbing to be sure that your ennemy is coming from your right, you turn right and BAM ! BEHIND YOU ! :@.

Apps :
Steam
Teamspeak 3
Origin
Valve Games, Battlefield, Call of Duty...

PLEASE ! Do something !

Old 01-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 557973
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

RMA the headset directly to Corsair. We'll replace it. The link is on the left of any forum page on the side bar.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Furax44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 557991

RMA request sent, and what ? Would I have to pay €30 like I read previously in this thread ?

I'm in France, and trust me, I won't pay half the headset's price to get a new one :D. (Rather sell it)

Old 01-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Furax44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 558189

For those having the same issue, could you tell me what are your devices plugged in when it occurs ?
It did not happen again since I changed my keyboard ... (Razer Lycosa) Maybe just a coincidence but still

Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Furax44's PC Specs

POST ID # = 563680

I know I'm on my own here, but if someone follow this, the issue remains even if I changed my keyboard (like mentionned just above).
Still no solutions, I'm trying to sell it ...

Old 02-25-2012, 04:16 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 563849
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I am sorry Furax44 that you have been dealing with this for some time now but did we replace the head sets? And have you tried them on another system?

Old 03-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Nytesnypr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 567589
Nytesnypr Reputation: 10

Same problem here on the 1500s.... I got My 1500s on 1/23/12 , and I have the same problem. Two friends of mine have the same problem,one of which took his back and swapped for a new pair....same result. I find it hard to believe it's not a software issue. I just don't believe the headsets just swap left to right themselves. Mine doesn't do it on all games or any youtube videos. A majority of it happens in BF3 while using teamspeak. I haven't had any issues with Mass Effect 3 yet. It has to be the software/driver issue since it happens to both models or my headset knows when I play BF3 and messes with me....Which brings in that whole Skynet/A.I./ Terminator thing into play.

Last edited by Nytesnypr; 03-16-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:45 AM

POST ID # = 570124
CptKaboom Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytesnypr View Post
Same problem here on the 1500s.... I got My 1500s on 1/23/12 , and I have the same problem. Two friends of mine have the same problem,one of which took his back and swapped for a new pair....same result. I find it hard to believe it's not a software issue. I just don't believe the headsets just swap left to right themselves. Mine doesn't do it on all games or any youtube videos. A majority of it happens in BF3 while using teamspeak. I haven't had any issues with Mass Effect 3 yet. It has to be the software/driver issue since it happens to both models or my headset knows when I play BF3 and messes with me....Which brings in that whole Skynet/A.I./ Terminator thing into play.
Same problem! I use Mumble though. Read all of this thread and tried everything... No luck! Works fine on my G53SX but my stationary has the problem within seconds from starting up BF3.

Win 7 64 bit on both of them. Pretty much the same drivers on both systems but got an AMD 6970 on the stationary and a 560M on the laptop.

Oh I´m being suppressed from the left? *Turns left*
Oh No! *Gets shot in the back*

*Alt + F4*