The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Gaming Chairs

Old 12-29-2018, 04:58 PM

POST ID # = 987495
TobiasW Reputation: 10
Woah! T1 Race Chair Gas lift to small for Chair base

For Christmas, I got myself a T1 Race Chair. Upon assembly, I noticed that that the Gas lift was actually pocking out at the bottom of the Chair base, which is quite strange as it is thinner at the bottom and then gets thicker. Presumably, the hole in the Chair base is poorly made and bigger than it should be.

IMG_1048.JPG

It didn't really bother me much till I lowered the hight of the chair, now if I rotate the Chair the Tilt tension knob is scratching audible over all 5 arms of the chair base.

Could anybody tell me if is intended or a production fault of my specific Chair?
Old 12-29-2018, 07:45 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987509
Zotty Reputation: 52

Funny you should mention this.... mine is exactly the same.. but.. the cover that covers it wouldn't be long enough if the gas lift didn't go into the spider so far.. i didn't give it much more thought. will monitor this thread as i feel my chair doesn't go high enough.... it's certainly much lower than my GT omega when both are at full height, will be hitting the support button if it's wrong....

but like i said.. the cover is just right for how it is right now.. and the skate wheels allows for what hangs out the bottom?

Last edited by Zotty; 12-29-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:12 PM

POST ID # = 1006434
LeoKost Reputation: 10

Purchased my T1 chair today, and I gotta say I'm really disappointed regarding this issue. It seems my chair has a really bad-cut gas lift and the chair's overall height is really low.

The bottom part of gas lift almost touches my floor.

Anyone has an updates/suggestions on this?
Old 06-14-2019, 07:24 AM

POST ID # = 1007956
cofe Reputation: 10

I purchased the chair in march this year and have the same problem.
After I sent request to the seller, Corsair sent a substitution gas lift element, which has exactly the same dimensions and the same problem... Very disappointing...
Old 07-24-2019, 11:56 AM

POST ID # = 1012361
juangahoo Reputation: 10

Same problem here, i think maybe they should send us another wheel base with the correct size to put the gas lift there...
Old 07-29-2019, 01:48 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1012997
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Hi juangahoo, do you have pretty plush carpet that might be allowing the chair to sink in? Could you see how far the cylinder is sitting when you have the chair on a hard surface? (wood, tile, laminate, etc)

There was a change for it to be lower, but it shouldn't be scrapping the ground.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:43 PM

POST ID # = 1013276
trainingday01 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Mint View Post
Hi juangahoo, do you have pretty plush carpet that might be allowing the chair to sink in? Could you see how far the cylinder is sitting when you have the chair on a hard surface? (wood, tile, laminate, etc)

There was a change for it to be lower, but it shouldn't be scrapping the ground.
Hello! I can confirm that it actually goes all way down and scrapes my floor. When the first chair arrived I thought that it was a faulty gas lift, returned and got another one which didn't sink so badly the first week or two... but now it's the same. I have to get up before trying to move the chair because it's completely sitting on the gas lift.
What should I do? Thanks!
Old 08-07-2019, 12:47 PM

POST ID # = 1013990

Quote:

In my case, the cylinder isn't touching the floor in a hard surface, but is only 1 inch (2.5cm) from the floor, is too low, and i compared the chair with the ones in videos and pictures, and it's a difference about 5cm of heigh bethween my chair and the other chairs. That difference is what i need to be confortable with my desk.

(I attach a picture of the cylinder of my chair and the distance from the floor)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg base_mi_silla.jpg (2.44 MB, 59 views)
Old 08-07-2019, 01:26 PM

POST ID # = 1014000

Quote:

When I buy the chair i was expecting the heigh of the videos, no one told me that you decided to lower it, now i have to change my desktop or the chair to be confortable, unless you can send me a gas cylinder of the old ones, before you changed them.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:53 PM

POST ID # = 1014293
trainingday01 Reputation: 10

In my case I can’t fit anything, it’s very close to the floor and it scratches it sometimes.
Attached a photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D3AC1E69-AA80-41C2-BF66-1CADC09371B7.jpeg (2.57 MB, 84 views)
Old 08-15-2019, 02:58 PM

POST ID # = 1014762
Tailthorn Reputation: 10

Same problem for me, i just received an answer and they want me to send back the pieces before sending new ones !

It's impossible to remove the piston from the chair leg without breaking the leg... How am i supposed to ship back something that big ? it's going to cost me a lot just because a problem of their own...

Tags
chair, gaming chair, race, t1