Corsair Community

Cheaper Alternative for the Node Commander Pro?

fpxos

I have recently bought 2 LL120 fans and a pair of RGB strips from corsair, however not realising my mistake I haven't bought them in a pack, so I got them all seperatly and most importantly without a commander. So Currently I have no way of making them work. I looked online for a Node commander pro. But I can't afford the additional £60~ as I already went completly over budget. Thank you!

Your best bet might be to return the 2 LL if you can and get the triple pack with the Lighting Node Pro and RGB Lighting Hub inside. That would be all you need, plus 1 more fan (for the back?).

If that is not feasible, you need two pieces: 1) Lighting Node Pro (LNP). This is the software interface for the fans. 2) RGB Lighting Hub - this is the physical lighting current supply from the PSU/SATA cable. You need both.

The LNP comes in these multi-packs and there are people with lots of extras. You might be able to find people dumping their extras on Ebay. I would say $20 USD is about the max it should cost. The RGB Lighting Hub is harder to find. Corsair sells it for $10. Be careful about pricing elsewhere. Because of the scarcity, you will see large mark-ups.

It might be possible to at least get some lighting going if you have a JCorsair header on that MSI board or there might be 3rd party cables that would led you hook into a 5v D-RGB header. However, this is only going to give you a fraction of the lighting capabilities. Most of the MB RGB programs were designed around a strip mentality and not specifically for a fan with X number of LEDs. You will have a lot more fun with the Corsair software in control and the effects specifically designed for the LL fans.

The LNP comes in these multi-packs and there are people with lots of extras. You might be able to find people dumping their extras on Ebay. I would say $20 USD is about the max it should cost. The RGB Lighting Hub is harder to find. Corsair sells it for $10. Be careful about pricing elsewhere. Because of the scarcity, you will see large mark-ups.

Thank you, I got a RGB Lighting Hub! just ordered one searching for a LNP rn thank you.

Your best bet might be to return the 2 LL if you can and get the triple pack with the Lighting Node Pro and RGB Lighting Hub inside. That would be all you need, plus 1 more fan (for the back?).

If that is not feasible, you need two pieces: 1) Lighting Node Pro (LNP). This is the software interface for the fans. 2) RGB Lighting Hub - this is the physical lighting current supply from the PSU/SATA cable. You need both.

It might be possible to at least get some lighting going if you have a JCorsair header on that MSI board or there might be 3rd party cables that would led you hook into a 5v D-RGB header. However, this is only going to give you a fraction of the lighting capabilities. Most of the MB RGB programs were designed around a strip mentality and not specifically for a fan with X number of LEDs. You will have a lot more fun with the Corsair software in control and the effects specifically designed for the LL fans.

Hey just one more question about the RGB hub, where am i supposed to actually plug it in aswell. I've plugged it into the SATA and all the fans in, yet it still doesnt work. There's an empty port at the top which I'm assuming is ment to go into the motherboard, yet I can't find a correct cable online.

Hey just one more question about the RGB hub, where am i supposed to actually plug it in aswell. I've plugged it into the SATA and all the fans in, yet it still doesnt work. There's an empty port at the top which I'm assuming is ment to go into the motherboard, yet I can't find a correct cable online.

The port on the back connects to one of the lighting node pro's channels.

Do you have it already?

I believe the linking cables comes with the LNP

Yeah I do, okay thank you. I went to pick it up instead. I'll have to order a LNP. Thank you both for helping me so much. Cheers!

LNP isn't sold separately (by Corsair, that is - you might find them second-hand from folks that sell unneeded ones from packs) - it comes either with strips or in the multipacks of LL and ML fans.