Corsair Community

Corsair. Are you ever gonna fix the high CPU usage?

Quick update for you guys, we made some improvements in iCUE 3.34.161, which should help with CPU usage. We're still investigating ways to make further improvements, but this is a step in what I think most of you will agree is in the right direction. Let us know if you see some changes after updating, and we'll pass the feedback along to our development team.

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.34.161_release.msi

That's great news. Will report back once I've tested it. As of today, iCue wouldn't let any of my cores sleep and would prevent my voltage levels on my OC from stepping down to save energy and efficiency of the chip during idle. Ryzen 5 3600.

iCue and Battlenet appear to be two apps on my list that I had to uninstall for this problem. But iCue I need for my RGB QL fan setup.

i'm still sitting at 3% CPU (icue open) usage on a 4.3GHz 3700x, with static lighting.

Drops to 1-2% with icue closed, which is better but still damned high for static lighting and fan speeds.

"corsair.service.CPUID.remote" seems to be high up there, polling the hardware too often?

Thanks for the update.

I tried the last release and still have no core sleep and VCore always jumping around 1.4v with my 3700x.

In my rig CPU % has never been a problem, 1.1% with iCue opened, 0.6% when closed with this release as with the previous ones.

Baio

Quick update for you guys, we made some improvements in iCUE 3.34.161, which should help with CPU usage. We're still investigating ways to make further improvements, but this is a step in what I think most of you will agree is in the right direction. Let us know if you see some changes after updating, and we'll pass the feedback along to our development team.

Except 3.34.161 breaks using profiles. So reverting back to 3.32.80 just to make iCue usable completely negates any improvements to cpu usage.

I just tested it and while CPU usage appears to be lower in task manager, Ryzen Master is still showing high voltage usage, locking my voltage to the max voltage I set in BIOS, the same voltage required to pass extreme stress tests.

As soon as I kill iCue, voltage steps down again. Thanks for trying, though. Look forward to a future update. For now, I will stick to a static lighting option in hardware lighting in iCue and close iCue until new updates.

Erm, nope. This is not fixing anything for me.

I already have a support ticket open but nobody responded for the last three days. So if support wants to remote in to my machine, this is their chance ;)

icuecorsair.thumb.JPG.42aa78cb00b0fbfeb5c2e61df94cc59e.JPG

I see an improvement, great!

iCUE 1.4-2.2%

Corsair.Service 0.4 -1.7%

Still higher than it should be:

MSI afterburner 0.1 -0.3%

Firefox 1.4 - 1.9%

I saw a good improvement already. not enough but definitely a step in the right direction.

used to be 1 - 2% Corsair service, and iCUE

Now iCue is still between 1 and 2% when minimized, but corsair service sits between 0.1 and 0.5

There are still spikes at over 1.2%, typically what will cause stutters in games.

still too unstable to be called solved.

As i write this message, i see the CPU usage go up, apparently averaging around 0.4-0.7% on color cycle or on static

TLDR: I'm sharing a workaround for high CPU usage, I hope it helps using or debugging.

Hello,

I'm using a Lenovo Legion Y740-17IRHg and I discovered high CPU usage as time on battery was running out very quickly (in an hour using lightweight tasks, like browsing, watching movies etc.). This problem is occuring since the beginning (about 1 year), software updates did not solve it.

Currently I'm on latest iCUE (3.34.161) on latest Windows 10 2004 (19041.572). This machine has a Core i7-9750H (6-core). System process is using 10% on idle.

I investigated the issue and found that disabling Corsair Service ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\iCUE\Corsair.Service.exe") fixes the issue, System process CPU usage on idle goes to 0% and machine works for 4 hours on battery now (same usage profile as above).

Other Corsair services were left running (Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration Service, Corsair LLA Service). Keyboard lighting control continues to work fine (I'm only using different colors for some keys, nothing advanced, but animation effects like "Water color" seem also working). Only difference I see is that iCUE warns me: "Failed to start iCUE service".

This notebook has a reputation of bad battery usage time but now I wonder if this is the reason.

Thoughts?

my laptop (Lenovo P53) uses the same CPU as you do and corsair service never went that high, granted we don't have the same devices plugged, but still.

I have a K70, M800 and a commander pro used as a controller for a DIY fan i use because AC sucks at the office :p

that gives me the numbers i posted above. Seems there's something else causing the service to wreck your power consumption.

TLDR: I'm sharing a workaround for high CPU usage, I hope it helps using or debugging.

Hello,

I'm using a Lenovo Legion Y740-17IRHg and I discovered high CPU usage as time on battery was running out very quickly (in an hour using lightweight tasks, like browsing, watching movies etc.). This problem is occuring since the beginning (about 1 year), software updates did not solve it.

Currently I'm on latest iCUE (3.34.161) on latest Windows 10 2004 (19041.572). This machine has a Core i7-9750H (6-core). System process is using 10% on idle.

I investigated the issue and found that disabling Corsair Service ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\iCUE\Corsair.Service.exe") fixes the issue, System process CPU usage on idle goes to 0% and machine works for 4 hours on battery now (same usage profile as above).

Other Corsair services were left running (Corsair Gaming Audio Configuration Service, Corsair LLA Service). Keyboard lighting control continues to work fine (I'm only using different colors for some keys, nothing advanced, but animation effects like "Water color" seem also working). Only difference I see is that iCUE warns me: "Failed to start iCUE service".

This notebook has a reputation of bad battery usage time but now I wonder if this is the reason.

Thoughts?

This basically is not really an option in my case as this service is mandatory to use the commander pro and it's features to control the fans I have in my 1000D corsair case.

Also, this is not really a fix, it just disables the program that is causing high CPU.

If you do not need it, that is ok, however, in first place this just should not use that much CPU at all.

TLDR: ... and found that disabling Corsair Service ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\iCUE\Corsair.Service.exe") fixes the issue...

Why is that service 32-bit? Also Corsair.service.DisplayAdapter is 32-bit. Is it legacy software or have I somehow installed the wrong thing on my 64-bit machine?

Why is that service 32-bit? Also Corsair.service.DisplayAdapter is 32-bit. Is it legacy software or have I somehow installed the wrong thing on my 64-bit machine?

why would it need to be 64 bit? that'd just waste resources and coding time for nothiong.

why would it need to be 64 bit? that'd just waste resources and coding time for nothiong.

Well, I'm sure it depends on the specifics of the code, but as far as I know, a 32-bit app on a 64-bit machine must be run through an emulator and that adds processing overhead. I run some legacy software and hardware (eg: 15+ year-old scanner) on my PC and some have become noticeably slower as I moved them to newer, faster machines.

Well, I'm sure it depends on the specifics of the code, but as far as I know, a 32-bit app on a 64-bit machine must be run through an emulator and that adds processing overhead. I run some legacy software and hardware (eg: 15+ year-old scanner) on my PC and some have become noticeably slower as I moved them to newer, faster machines.

most apps for windows 10 are 32 bit, unless it needs over 4GB of ram (icue isn't THAT bad) there is no need for 64 bit.

• Corsair Employee
Appreciate the feedback from all of you that took the time to upgrade and run some comparisons. Again, I just want to reinforce that this is not a final fix, and we're still working to optimize the CPU usage. We'll continue to keep you guys updated as we have more details, and please keep the feedback coming so we can relay it to our developers.

Only thing i use icue for is to control KB static lighting and macros.

I have disabled all corsair services and renamed executables so they cant be used.

Still the CPU usage is extremely high for not doing anything. iCUE uses almost double the CPU time compared to HWinfo that is reading ~150 measurements every second.

7K0taE1.png

zayWMdz.png

I just remove icue

im sure my next keyboard is not going to be from corsair

Me too but this one seems built to last. :[pouts:

The mechanism is great and I like the extra shortcut keys but I don't need the childish, rainbow, pinkfluffyunicorn eye-candy. I'm also too old to get used to the pointless inversion of the Shift key stuff. Ever since the days of the typewriter, the Shift characters have been indicated in the top half of the key but either Corsair is too visually illiterate to notice that convention or they're deliberately messing with my happiness.

Just discovered this thread. The inability of corsair to create a proper piece of software never ceases to amaze me. I'd use harsher words, but I should refrain from doing so. I give them until the end of the year, then I'm selling all of my Corsair peripherals and move on to another company, enough is enough, really.

CPU usage still just as bad as the last two versions of iCUE. I'm only using iCUE for a Commander Pro and a Harpoon RGB wireless mouse.

It is some kind of issue with the commander pro and/or other things that run through iCue and some kind of weird software issue.

I had the same issue, and as soon as I unplug the commander pros I have in the system from the USB connection on the mainboard, corsair.service is down to 0.2 to 0.6%.

My solution will be to remove the commander pros, check for other 4pin pwm fan controllers and do this throuh the mainboard.

As I have 20 fans installed, you can imagine that I wanted just ONE solution and not different ecosystems.

However, as my fans are all only one LED color (ML 120 and ML 140), I do not care to use the commander pros.

It is some kind of issue with the commander pro and/or other things that run through iCue and some kind of weird software issue.

I had the same issue, and as soon as I unplug the commander pros I have in the system from the USB connection on the mainboard, corsair.service is down to 0.2 to 0.6%.

My solution will be to remove the commander pros, check for other 4pin pwm fan controllers and do this throuh the mainboard.

As I have 20 fans installed, you can imagine that I wanted just ONE solution and not different ecosystems.

However, as my fans are all only one LED color (ML 120 and ML 140), I do not care to use the commander pros.

commander pro user here as well... maybe thats the missing key to the CPU usage after all?

Corsair Nick could you pass on to the dev team to investigate the CoPro for the CPU usage, as it may well be a common theme? I feel like none of us would notice if it slowed down its polling rates for temp sensors/fan readings/ fan control, if lower CPU usage was a benefit