Corsair Community

Issues when trying to use 2 sticks of RAM(1 is almost 2 years old and one is new)

D0L0KH0V

Well i got my PC 2 years ago, in my budget i could only afford a single 8GB ram and i choose a Corsair LPX Vengeance(CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R), The PC did well since day 1 and stills running fine to this day, 2 weeks ago i decided that it was the right time to get another stick of RAM since 1 or 2 of my games are started to lag when my RAM is running low.

As i said i already have a single 8GB Corsair LPX Vengeance (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16R) so i decided to get another one to avoid possible issues, then i got the new stick and installed it on the 1st of Friday, the RAM wasn't recognized at first but the PC was doing fine, my motherboard only has 2 RAM slots, A1 & B1, i had the old stick on A1 and put the new one in B1, then i ask around for a solution and they recommended me to switch the RAM, put the new stick in A1 and the old stick in B1, the issue starts here, my PC got into a boot loop boot my motherboard did recognize both sticks of RAM.

I switched back the RAM, The old stick in A1 and the new one in B1, still the PC didn't boot so i choose to reinstall Windows, after the reinstall everything worked find till i got a BSOD, the PC restarted and after some hours i got another BSOD, i got BSODs pretty much everyday, i decided to try Memtest86 to test both RAM sticks and it came with no errors, then i decided to do the test on the new stick alone and 0 errors too, im running the PC with the new stick now and so far no issues but i want to use BOTH sticks of RAM, any ides of what could be happening?

TL:DR: i have 2 sticks of RAM i use the old stick in the A1 slot and the newer one in B1, it that causes BSODs after a couple of hours, but if i trade the new stick to A1 and the older to B1 the PC doesnt boot.

I cant see the support of 16 GB of this RAM in Mainboard support.

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B250M-HDV/index.asp#Memory

Maybe u have to Upgrade the Mainboard?

Fun thing is that the motherboard memory list doesn't even list the sort of RAM i am using yet it work with a single stick.

I should also say that the issues happen when im using more than 8GB of RAM, example: gaming and having the web browser open while hearing a podcast.

Could my Windows 10 install be corrupted?

3/12/2019

For some reason my PC is running totally fine with both sticks, no BSOD or unstable behavior yet.

Fun thing is that the motherboard memory list doesn't even list the sort of RAM i am using yet it work with a single stick.

I should also say that the issues happen when im using more than 8GB of RAM, example: gaming and having the web browser open while hearing a podcast.

Could my Windows 10 install be corrupted?

3/12/2019

For some reason my PC is running totally fine with both sticks, no BSOD or unstable behavior yet.

By any chance do your ram sticks also have printed version numbers along with the model numbers? If so are they the same model and version numbers?

By any chance do your ram sticks also have printed version numbers along with the model numbers? If so are they the same model and version numbers?

Didnt check that at first but yes, they are pretty much the same exept for the lot number.

https://i.imgur.com/KPsh8zc.jpg

As i said in my last update, so far i havent had a single Bsod in 24 hours, this after booting with only the new stick on the B1 slot, now with both in it is working great, anyways if something happens i will let you all know.

18/03/2019

Still working perfectly.

Archived