Corsair Community

Replacing H115i Platinum RGB Fans?

RodrigoDRT

So, I've read this AIO comes with ML140 RGB, my case beinda 500D SE uses LL120, needless to say LL120 looks much much better than ML RGB ones, but do they perform better? does the LL or QL 140 would perform better than the default ML140 that comes with the h115i? I don't wanna swap just for the RGB, or worse, actually swap them for worse fans.

inputs?

ML are superior in terms of static pressure which is the main performance factor on radiators. That said, depending on your CPU and the setup of your case, the actual performance difference might me negligable and you can easily get away with using QL or LL on the radiator.

The ML is a better radiator fan than the QL or LL. How much better? It really depends on your wattage. For a typical CPU in a gaming load of 80-120W, it's not going to matter very much. Moderate fan speed from anything will easily dissipate the heat. If you are talking about a custom loop with a Threadripper +3090, then fan choice becomes far more relevant depending on how much radiator length you have to work with.

The ML-RGB on the Platinum series are a high speed 2000 rpm variant, but that only matters if you use it. Most people don't need that level of noise for little performance gain. However, at like speeds and certainly at low speeds, the ML will move more air. Unless you are running a high core count, high watt CPU, 1-2C in CPU temp is probably what you are losing. That's not much.

Oh, so the default fans are the best performance-wise... I can't afford to lose any performance whatsoever. I find it a bit of a flaw that the fans RGB are no match for LL fans or when comparing to the block coloring itself--but i can't afford to lose 1-2C at all, considering my 10700k reaches 180W due to overclock, and peaks 77C, i actually need more performance...

with that said, ill have to settle for the default fans