Corsair Community

Corsair VOID PRO Wireless won't finish charging

drnolove

These headphones are driving me nuts! Beep all the time! (when plugged in). No indication of what the problem is! Just beeps, like I am supposed to be psychic! All Win system notifications are off. I have voice prompts on. If the phones are charged> 90% then send out a VOICE prompt please. The manual says, After charge complete, remove from USB charge promptly. So... what am I supposed to do, check iCue every 10 minutes? Unplug-Replug. If I leave the unit on to charge, let's say overnite in sleep mode then will it overcharge? The manual is barely 3 small pages. No charging strategy...NOTHING!

Having to go to iCUE and unplug USB to see charge status means I have to pull headphones off to plug back in. What a hassle!

1) If the system beeps (not voice prompts) THERE HAS TO BE A MESSAGE SOMEWHERE that I can decipher. The logs are not user friendly.

2) Must have voice prompt when > 90%-95% charged. The unit does not charge to 100%.

3) I have "reset" these headphones numerous times.

4) This is almost 2020, please put some tutorial videos on youtube. The manual is incomplete.

5) Please put a battery charge percentage in the Taskbar while still plugged in to USB. Going into iCUE and unplugging is.... Well, I will spare you....

No offense to staff. Just frustrated. I have been trying to figure this out for 3 months since purchasing Corsair One i160. People pay extra for Corsair so.... we expect a little more....

Edited by mccluredave1

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine still having this problems 2 years later.

Imagine how every other "non-phone" device that I own has a working led light but my $140 headphones do not.

Can we get a status update on this please, or is this just another example of a catastrophic engineering flaw, which seems to be all Corsair can do lately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty funny that I bought the Void Elite Wireless and it's still an issue.

Not only does CUE say that I never get higher than 93% but it also seems to drain at roughly 10-12% per hour without the RGB on and volume at 40%

The LED indicator next to the port also constantly blinks green regardless of charge level.

I also only bought this 2 days ago. I don't want to take it back because I'm lazy but I don't know if it's purely just a software thing or it's ****ty hardware. I guess I'll just have to test it for a few weeks since Corsair are pretty lazy and won't actually address this.

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty funny that I bought the Void Elite Wireless and it's still an issue.

Not only does CUE say that I never get higher than 93% but it also seems to drain at roughly 10-12% per hour without the RGB on and volume at 40%

The LED indicator next to the port also constantly blinks green regardless of charge level.

I also only bought this 2 days ago. I don't want to take it back because I'm lazy but I don't know if it's purely just a software thing or it's ****ty hardware. I guess I'll just have to test it for a few weeks since Corsair are pretty lazy and won't actually address this.

Yeah man, I have the exact same issue. However, it charges only to 88% and then stops. I have never seen a green light on that. It's simply a shame that a brand like Corsair has never solved that problem.

• 2 months later...
I just picked up the Void Pro Wireless - my light is never turning green.

How do I tell when it's fully charged / what it's charge level is?

I found out - You have to add it to the Dashboard at the top of iCue.

However, I then had a new bug where it would tell me battery status was unavailable. I uninstalled and then downloaded the latest ICUE - this fixed that.

I now have a new bug where, despite using them and listening to something, 'AUTO SHUTDOWN INITIATED' blasts every 5 minutes until I do something to stop it (I've found pressing play on spotify works, but apparently the audio from the movie I'm watching isn't enough).

Why is this software constantly so effing bugged?

Oh, and I still don't have a green light when I get fully charged.

I just grabbed a pair of the Void Pro Wireless and I am a little annoyed that their are no audio cues for even "Battery High, Medium, Low, Charge Soon" Even a super cheap bluetooth headset has that feature. I request that if you can not add it as an estimated audio cue (I don't expect exact numbers but just a general idea of when to charge would be fine), at least you should develop some desktop widget we can have to monitor it as the Utility Engine is a horrible way to track it.

I believe the audio cues are a ICUE thing. I have a Virtuoso RGB Wireless headset and I get "Battery low" and "battery Critical" only when I'm using the headset with ICUE, if I don't have ICUE running or I'm using the headset with my phone, I don't get them. If you already use ICUE and still don't have audio cues, see if "voice promts" option is turned off.

• 3 months later...