Corsair Community

RGB 6 port Hub + aftermarket D-RGB blocks

Lazerwolf

*Update* Bah, never mind, total user error was using fan connector pin 2 instead of pin 3. Wasted a lot of time on that one :( Special thanks to DevBiker for the pinouts and info to get this started.

Greetings!

Has anyone had success connecting aftermarket D-RGB components to the Corsair RGB 6 port hub that comes with the fan kits? I have EK pumps and water blocks for the CPU and GPU. I only have the 12v RGB header on my MB so that is unusable. I've made the conversion cable with the 4-pin hub connector and the D-RGB connector. 5v/data/x/G. I've gone through every combination listed in iCUE and the led's don't come on. I've had it plugged in as the last item in the chain and I've tried it alone connecting it to the first port.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Edited by Lazerwolf
Fixed Issue

Your pinout is incorrect.

It's 5V/Data Return/Data Out/Ground. I listed this before. You are connecting the data from the fan (for the daisy-chain series) to the data for the device. That's a return channel to go to the next device.

And yes, I've made it work. With ALL kinds of 3rd party stuff. EK, Phanteks, NZXT, Alphacool, Barrows, Lian-Li, Bykski, ThermalTake ... you get the picture.