Corsair Community

iCue UI huge, unusable, unresizeable, (actually kinda funny)

DenverT

For quite sometime now, iCue, after a certain update many months ago, suddenly caused the entire UI to balloon in size and display everything incorrectly. Even right clicking the icon in the tray brings up the context menu in the top left corner of the monitor. The window is also stuck off screen and cannot be moved. Neither can it be resized.

Trying to do anything in the software is laughably impossible.

Look at this!

https://i.imgur.com/2iWO3VZ.jpg

It's actually kind funny lol

I lived with it because all my settings were nicely saved and so I never really had to bother with it. I've had a lot of free time recently though so decided to do something about it, and did a complete wipe of it from my system and reinstalled it. But the problem is still there! And now all my settings ago and I can't use the software to put them back because the UI is huge, unmoveable, unclickable, off-screen, cut-off, etc.! Now I have a swirling rainbow effect which is really nice of course but I'm starting to get dizzy when typing :sigh!:

I have tried everything, from repeatedly uninstall and reinstalling, installing to another drive, making sure only 1 monitor is plugged in and uninstalling and reinstalling fresh and then rebooting, and then using a standard 1080p hdmi monitor and doing all of that stuff again, installing to different drives, reinstalling windows (I had some other unrelated PCissues that I thought could be caused by bad windows installation so tried that, but those issues were actually be being a plonker)...

I have also tried searching this forum using the forum search tool but could not find anybody else experiencing a similar issue.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, and know how to fix it?

Thank you :)

810810191_dummythiccUI.thumb.png.bf11c7dd43562b7fb6fded6f2d905ee1.png

Interesting.

What GPU are you using and are the drivers up to date? What resolution are you running?

The parts of the screen that you are having issues with are rendered by the OpenGL driver.

I am using a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080, on a 2560x1440 monitor.

However I have discovered the replication conditions of the bug:

Having a DPI setting set to exactly 150% causes the crazy issue. 149%, however, is completely perfect and behaves as expected. I'd imagine somewhere in the code there is a line that goes something like If(windows.DPI.scale === 150) {generateRedonkulousUI();}, you should probably change that

I am using a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080, on a 2560x1440 monitor.

However I have discovered the replication conditions of the bug:

Having a DPI setting set to exactly 150% causes the crazy issue. 149%, however, is completely perfect and behaves as expected. I'd imagine somewhere in the code there is a line that goes something like If(windows.DPI.scale === 150) {generateRedonkulousUI();}, you should probably change that

A) If you look in my signature, I don't work for Corsair so I can't change that.

B) That part of the screen is still rendered by OpenGL. I have to wonder if perhaps OpenGL has that issue? High DPI rendering issues are, actually, known and I know that they've looked at that but haven't heard of a fix. If it's in the OpenGL driver or subsystem, however, it's not something that they'd necessarily be able to fix.

A) If you look in my signature, I don't work for Corsair so I can't change that.

B) That part of the screen is still rendered by OpenGL. I have to wonder if perhaps OpenGL has that issue? High DPI rendering issues are, actually, known and I know that they've looked at that but haven't heard of a fix. If it's in the OpenGL driver or subsystem, however, it's not something that they'd necessarily be able to fix.

Well frankly, I think it's a crime you're not getting paid for all the help you give.