Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

Submitting tickets are met with no response or replies. Using the Reddit forums the mods remove the posts.

We collectively have tried and done everything and have been met with either silence or are being silenced.

that's weird. This shouldn't be too tough to debug and find why it gets hung up. I wonder what the problem is.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's weird. This shouldn't be too tough to debug and find why it gets hung up. I wonder what the problem is.

I couldn't comment on the coding side of things as I have no experience in doing it, however, the difficulty of the problem is Corsairs; not ours.

The post was created in April 2019. They then acknowledged the issue in June 2019. Since June, we have had no further response or update.

So far, I would say we've had exceptionally poor customer service and I wish this could be put out there as bigger news so they were forced to fix it.

I stopped using custom curves months ago because of this bug. I was hoping that it has been fixed meanwhile so I started using custom curves again last week. The preset fan/temp profiles make my (silent)setup that loud while gaming, that it's actually not acceptable.

Yesterday I had the freeze again.

Just a HUGE disappointment.

I couldn't comment on the coding side of things as I have no experience in doing it, however, the difficulty of the problem is Corsairs; not ours.

The post was created in April 2019. They then acknowledged the issue in June 2019. Since June, we have had no further response or update.

So far, I would say we've had exceptionally poor customer service and I wish this could be put out there as bigger news so they were forced to fix it.

debug means them, they have the source code. Other words, I'm confused as to why they have not done this yet to understand what's happening. At least mention it to us. Debugging is part of software development.

For me one of the big things is that there has been no communication or discussion of specifically what logs to look for, or any kind of debug build. I'd happily run a debug build with increased logging for them, if it might help; and since they've previously claimed to be unable to replicate the issue then it could be really useful for them to put it out there.

I have found a fix, while using the latest version of iCUE:

• Create a task on Task Scheduler.
  • Set it to run with admin privileges.
  • In the trigger tab, create a new trigger that activates daily, at any time and repeats every hour indefinitely.
  • In the action tab, create an action with the program/script "NET" and the argument "STOP "Corsair Service"".
  • Create another action that is similar but is START instead of STOP.
  • Create another action with a program/script "taskkill" and the argument "/f /im "iCUE.exe"".
  • Create another action with a program/script ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe"" (Double check this address works for you).
  • In the settings tab, enable "Run task as soon as possible after a schedule start is missed". (I don't know if this is required, it worked without it but my history suggested I should enable it).
  • Also, I don't know if you need to change "Do not start a new instance" to "Stop the existing instance", because, for some reason, it works without it.
  • Therefore, if my steps do not work, try enable that and see if it fixes it.
  • Lastly, on the right side of the Task Scheduler, enable "All Tasks History". This will allow you to check if the script is working.

General tab:

lGNJ53b.png

Trigger tab:

wE3mDG4.png

Actions tab:

ePnS6Ng.png

Settings tab:

NCwoSJC.png

Ok so I just want to do this for a sanity check, I posted a separate thread about this (I think).

So the issue is that the whole iCue software just stops dead for 4-5 seconds. Fans go insane and any peripherals stop dead?

Because this is what happens to me, and I am using all corsair peripherals, which just cost me a horrific vision in World of Warcraft when I lost complete control due to everything resetting mid boss fight.

Ok so I just want to do this for a sanity check, I posted a separate thread about this (I think).

So the issue is that the whole iCue software just stops dead for 4-5 seconds. Fans go insane and any peripherals stop dead?

This thread may or may not be related. This thread relates to the dashboard freezing and cooling reverting to the stock cooling settings when this happens, usually resulting in unintended cooling for hardware components. The only current workaround is scheduling a task to restart the iCUE service or restart it manually. I can't believe there is literally 26 pages on the issue for this thread as of 2/8/2020. Hopefully we can expect a fix.

I would like to note that I've seen big brand companies remove forums from their website altogether and suggest the community use social media platforms to troubleshoot and offer feedback instead. I've seen this happen around problems without solutions as a matter of, "clearing their name". Let's hope this doesn't happen here. I have faith Corsair can fix this... eventually

Edited by OD RESET

. I've seen this happen around problems without solutions as a matter of, "clearing their name". Let's hope this doesn't happen here. I have faith Corsair can fix this... eventually

I've said previously that Corsair has been trying to silence us. Reddit posts deleted, customer support is completely ignored. They leave this as we're contained but no one else is covering this.

I linked this to the thread i posted about the software freezing, lets see if Corsair even has the fortitude to come here and say its OUR machines thats causing this....

I doubt it. I'm new to these forums but from what I have seen corsair seems content to post one comment in a thread and then disappear.

Bump, this still happening. Corsair seems to think its just me and my machine.......

Any time I change the fan curve, the iCUE software freezes, when that happens, you lose all your key bindings on the scimitar....

That may be different. This issue does not require a change to the fan curve to trigger. It will just stop updating all lighting suddenly, without warning, and anything which relies on iCUE for the fan control will stop updating; it'll just remain at whatever speed it was at prior to the Corsair service stopping.

In my experience (And I think a few others) this is much more likely to happen when the machine is under load, ie, gaming, compared to just web browsing, for example.

I doubt it. I'm new to these forums but from what I have seen corsair seems content to post one comment in a thread and then disappear.

Corsair have posted several times in this thread, however, there have been huge delays between posts typically, and no real action comes from it. Early in the thread they were asking people to open cases, submit logs, etc. They know there is an issue, but they are supposedly having issues reproducing it, and identifying the cause.

Salut les gars ;)

Petit commentaire francophone sur ce long topic bien désagréable à lire... En effet je me bat moi aussi depuis l'achat de mon matériel avec iCue pour qu'il cesse de figer, j'ai tout fait, utilisé lasso et lui réservé deux cœurs, rien n'a jamais fonctionné.

J'utilise maintenant Link + CUE et plus rien ne plante MAIS ça désactive un paquet d'effets, mon boitier (omega spec rgb) n'est pas détecté, utilisation matérielle des profils uniquement et chipotage énorme! Installation d'iCue, configuration, désinstallation, installation Link + Cue ... pfffffff ...

Ces bugs m'ont rendu parano, j'ai fini par devoir mettre un écran secondaire pour surveiller mes températures tellement j'avais des craintes de voir mon gpu à 80°C (une Aorus que je souhaite garder des années au frais!) ...

A chaque démarrage CUE me dit que je dois mettre à jour mon node ... Je tiens un magasin d'informatique en Belgique et je déconseille vivement l'achat de tout matériel corsair à mes nombreux clients joueurs depuis toute cette histoire! J'attend!

Salut les gars ;)

Petit commentaire francophone sur ce long topic bien désagréable à lire... En effet je me bat moi aussi depuis l'achat de mon matériel avec iCue pour qu'il cesse de figer, j'ai tout fait, utilisé lasso et lui réservé deux cœurs, rien n'a jamais fonctionné.

J'utilise maintenant Link + CUE et plus rien ne plante MAIS ça désactive un paquet d'effets, mon boitier (omega spec rgb) n'est pas détecté, utilisation matérielle des profils uniquement et chipotage énorme! Installation d'iCue, configuration, désinstallation, installation Link + Cue ... pfffffff ...

Ces bugs m'ont rendu parano, j'ai fini par devoir mettre un écran secondaire pour surveiller mes températures tellement j'avais des craintes de voir mon gpu à 80°C (une Aorus que je souhaite garder des années au frais!) ...

A chaque démarrage CUE me dit que je dois mettre à jour mon node ... Je tiens un magasin d'informatique en Belgique et je déconseille vivement l'achat de tout matériel corsair à mes nombreux clients joueurs depuis toute cette histoire! J'attend!

Salut, gars,

Il est regrettable que vous rencontriez le même problème. Au mieux, CUE + LINK est la meilleure étape que nous ayons pour le moment. La plupart des utilisateurs rencontrant ce problème font la même chose que vous. Je doute fortement que ce problème soit résolu de sitôt et il semble que la meilleure façon est d'utiliser un Corsair Commander et que cela résout les problèmes avec iCUE.

Je dirais que c'est la raison pour laquelle de nombreuses personnes plus importantes telles que Linus Tech Tips ne parlent pas de ce problème, car elles n'utilisent pas les configurations de base comme nous.

Ne faites pas de mal à votre entreprise à cause d'une mauvaise expérience, autant que cela me grogne de le dire, Corsair fabrique toujours de bons produits. C’est leur service client qui est médiocre.

Excusez mon pauvre français.

Salut, gars,

Il est regrettable que vous rencontriez le même problème. Au mieux, CUE + LINK est la meilleure étape que nous ayons pour le moment. La plupart des utilisateurs rencontrant ce problème font la même chose que vous. Je doute fortement que ce problème soit résolu de sitôt et il semble que la meilleure façon est d'utiliser un Corsair Commander et que cela résout les problèmes avec iCUE.

Je dirais que c'est la raison pour laquelle de nombreuses personnes plus importantes telles que Linus Tech Tips ne parlent pas de ce problème, car elles n'utilisent pas les configurations de base comme nous.

Ne faites pas de mal à votre entreprise à cause d'une mauvaise expérience, autant que cela me grogne de le dire, Corsair fabrique toujours de bons produits. C’est leur service client qui est médiocre.

Excusez mon pauvre français.

J'ai un Corsair Commander Pro mais il est complet déjà! Il n'y a que 6 ports et j'ai 8 ventilateurs ;) (6 sur le commander + 2 sur l'h100i)

Un bon produit qui n'a pas un bon logiciel pour l'utiliser est un mauvais produit selon moi!

Merci pour ta réponse.

Et pour le reste:

- Le casque VOID n'a pas du tout un bon son et impossible d'avoir un 5.1 ou 7.1 dans iCue

- Mon clavier sort souvent plusieurs fois la même touche. Genre iii ou jj (n'importe laquelle)

- iCue qui fige, consommation excessive de ressources (Link + Cue consomment moins que iCue)

- Le boitier omega spec est affreusement mal construit, il n'y a pas de fermeture sur le haut de la face avant, les ventilateurs qui peinent à faire entrer de l'air par la petite grille du bas pompent avec plaisir l'air chaud d'extraction, j'ai enlevé la vitre avant et remplacé par un grillage, fermé à coup de scotch tout le haut... Question ingénieur on fait mieux!

- Souvent le tapis de soucis rgb bien cher avec une surface que je n'ai jamais pu apprécier et qui permet juste de poser mes manettes se déconnecte et ne revient pas avant un reboot ou rebrancher l'usb.

- On ne peut pas descendre sous les 25% les ventilateurs de l'aio h100i v2... merci mais je préfère choisir ce qui me plait à ce prix et surveiller mes températures. (j'aime le 0db)

- J'ai eut assez rapidement les boutons très difficiles à cliquer sur la scimitar, peut être c'est des crasses? Première fois que ça m'arrive sur un bon nombre de souris!

hum hum hum :( si on ajoute le service clientèle qui se moque de ces clients et des développeurs qui ne savent pas régler les soucis... Avec ce fameux rainbow qu'on retrouve par défaut sur certains matériels à faire vomir! (tapis et boitier (hors enregistrement profils) il ne reste plus grand chose de bien au final...

ps: et puis zut, je met pas 600€ de matériel Corsair pour une config Gaming et ne pas pouvoir installer quoi que ce soit d'autre qui pourrait gêner monsieur iCue (Hwinfo, rgb fusion (gigabyte) ... c'est bien le but justement!

Edited by Krd-Elsoy

They know there is an issue, but they are supposedly having issues reproducing it, and identifying the cause.

This is interesting and I never thought of it that way before. Maybe our builds consist of something their test machines don't. Or perhaps they don't stress test the iCUE program at all.

Nonetheless, we could all try sharing detailed specs about our PC and try to find similarities that may be the core cause. Regardless if the problem is bad coding, I think it's worth a shot. It's really hard to test each program to see if it could be causing adverse effects because the dashboard freezes randomly and not on command. I'm going to overload my system with intense gaming and tasks to see if I can replicate the freezing 100% of the time and try to rule out any variables below.

PC Specs from Speccy and Windows 10

Desktop Specs:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz

Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 RAM @ 1600MHz (16-18-18-36)

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX Z270E GAMING (LGA1151)

Dell AW2518H

Dell AW3418DW

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (EVGA)

465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD))

Seagate ST2000LM003 (HDD)

Corsair H100i V2 Cooler

Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Keyboard

Logitech mice, G pro Wireless & G502

Windows 10 Settings:

Active power scheme= High performance

Hibernation= Enabled

Turn Off Hard Disk after: (On AC Power)= Never

Suspend after: (On AC Power)= Never

Windows 10 Build 18363

Scheduled Tasks/ Running Applications:

BraveSoftwareUpdateTaskMachineUA

GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA

ViGEmBusUpdater

BraveSoftwareUpdateTaskMachineCore

GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore

CCleanerSkipUAC

EVGAPrecisionX1 (Has no effect iCUE, still freezes when disabled and not open)

RealTemp (Has no effect on iCUE, still freezes when disabled and not open)

SamsungMagician

Malwarebytes

Logitech G Hub

MicMute

MISC:

MST Time Zone

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware

Realtek High Definition Audio

Windows Notifications set to = Alarm Only

Bluetooth is OFF

Edited by OD RESET

Funny to see the partership between Corsair and Rainbow Six Siege when everytime I launch the game iCue crashes :rolleyes:

PS: tried the "ultra low latency" trick on "off" on "nvidia control panel", but still the same thing

EDIT: It appears that my issue is caused by "asus_motherboard_plugin.dll" which is the dll for the new Aura integration in iCUE

Edited by GoLLuM-13