The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 130 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-23-2014, 08:17 PM

POST ID # = 748682
UbuntuNoob Reputation: 10
Happy

Thank you so much. I will*try this as soon as I get back from visiting relatives for Christmas. Let's hope it works! :)

Old 12-24-2014, 01:24 PM

POST ID # = 748767

It worked :) Really big thanks to you! Can you put your paypal somewhere? Id like to donate some money.

While writing this message I noticed that apostrophe doesnt work, it gives blank output..
Awesome job mate

Old 12-24-2014, 06:02 PM

POST ID # = 748806

One more thing, I got my keyboard running well. But it changed its layout to english all of a sudden. How do I convert back to scandinavian(finnish, swedish)?

Old 12-25-2014, 03:16 AM
Linux/OSX driver

POST ID # = 748870
MSC Reputation: 10

Is the Finnish layout the same as Swedish? Can you run the "locale" command in a terminal and paste the output here?

Meanwhile, you can set the keyboard layout from the K95 RGB -> Device tab. It should fix the problem with the key not working. Glad you got the driver running :)

Old 12-25-2014, 12:47 PM

POST ID # = 748930

After fiddling around I noticed that an application had changed the layout to english... sorry about that

the problem is that I cant find a device tab anywhere.. Im sorry to be such a nuisance but Ill make this up to you :)

Last edited by UbuntuNoob; 12-25-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:36 AM
CorpNewt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 749088
CorpNewt Reputation: 10

Has anyone else been having problems with animations getting stuck? For me, they will go fine for about a minute or so, and then freeze, only to kick back in later. I have tried all of the different fps settings to no avail. It might be because I have a different wave animation for each horizontal row of keys as well as a gradient for each key pressed (7 total).

Edit:

I tried it again with just a repeating wave and a reactive gradient and I get the same issue. I should note too that when I click "restore" on ckb, the animations start again. This issue seems to happen whenever ckb does not have focus.

Last edited by CorpNewt; 12-26-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:37 AM

POST ID # = 749097
JoshyJ Reputation: 10

For some reason I get the following errors when I run make.

Quote:
kbwidget.cpp: In member function ‘void KbWidget::getCmd(QFile&)’:
kbwidget.cpp:304:45: error: ‘QFileDevice’ has not been declared
if(!file.open(fd, QIODevice::WriteOnly, QFileDevice::AutoCloseHandle))
^
kbwidget.cpp: In member function ‘void KbWidget::readInput(QFile&)’:
kbwidget.cpp:490:45: error: ‘QFileDevice’ has not been declared
if(notify.open(fd, QIODevice::ReadOnly, QFileDevice::AutoCloseHandle)){

Old 12-26-2014, 09:14 AM

POST ID # = 749105
JoshyJ Reputation: 10

Sorry fixed. I must of accidentally compiled in qt4. When I tried to recompile again, even after removing makefile was still giving same message. So I removed whole directory and just uncompressed another copy starting from scratch.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:07 AM
Linux/OSX driver

POST ID # = 749290

Quote:
Originally Posted by UbuntuNoob View Post
After fiddling around I noticed that an application had changed the layout to english... sorry about that

the problem is that I cant find a device tab anywhere.. Im sorry to be such a nuisance but Ill make this up to you :)
Are you running the ckb utility? You should see a tab like this:

It has an option to change the keyboard layout in there. If you'd prefer to do it from a terminal, you can also run "echo layout se > /dev/input/ckb1/cmd"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpNewt View Post
Has anyone else been having problems with animations getting stuck? For me, they will go fine for about a minute or so, and then freeze, only to kick back in later. I have tried all of the different fps settings to no avail. It might be because I have a different wave animation for each horizontal row of keys as well as a gradient for each key pressed (7 total).

Edit:

I tried it again with just a repeating wave and a reactive gradient and I get the same issue. I should note too that when I click "restore" on ckb, the animations start again. This issue seems to happen whenever ckb does not have focus.
You're running it on OSX, right? I haven't done much extended testing on OSX so it might have something to do with that. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshyJ View Post
Sorry fixed. I must of accidentally compiled in qt4. When I tried to recompile again, even after removing makefile was still giving same message. So I removed whole directory and just uncompressed another copy starting from scratch.
Yeah, qmake is really bad about leaving temporary files around - hence why I say to delete the old download first. Glad you got it working though :)

Old 12-27-2014, 04:20 PM

POST ID # = 749420
Digiguin Reputation: 10

MSC-

Thank you for all of this. I can't get the setup working (I'm no Terminal wizard) but from what I've seen, you should work (and be highly paid!) for Corsair. You're great.

Anyway, I've opened up an issue on github with as much info as I could cram in, including a video:

https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb/issues/7

I can't get the general setup working right on Mac. The build on QT has over 40 errors, and I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong along the way so I showed you the whole process I'm following in the video.

Thanks so much in advance, and I hope you had a happy holiday!

Old 12-28-2014, 03:04 AM
CorpNewt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 749510

Yeah I'm running it on OSX. Have you had any issues with OSX not liking the keyboard being plugged into USB 2.0 ports? Windows 7 seems to work best in USB 2.0, but OSX likes to hang or not even boot when the keyboard is in anything but a USB 3.0 port.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:35 AM
Linux/OSX driver

POST ID # = 749538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiguin View Post
MSC-

Thank you for all of this. I can't get the setup working (I'm no Terminal wizard) but from what I've seen, you should work (and be highly paid!) for Corsair. You're great.

Anyway, I've opened up an issue on github with as much info as I could cram in, including a video:

https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb/issues/7

I can't get the general setup working right on Mac. The build on QT has over 40 errors, and I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong along the way so I showed you the whole process I'm following in the video.

Thanks so much in advance, and I hope you had a happy holiday!
Replied to your issue. Had quite a good Christmas, thanks :)

Quote:
Yeah I'm running it on OSX. Have you had any issues with OSX not liking the keyboard being plugged into USB 2.0 ports? Windows 7 seems to work best in USB 2.0, but OSX likes to hang or not even boot when the keyboard is in anything but a USB 3.0 port.
I think all of my USB ports are USB3, so I'm not sure about that. The biggest problem I've had is that when I try to switch OSes at boot, by holding the Alt key, there's about a 50% chance that it won't get detected. I have to use a different keyboard to get it to work reliably. Might be related to that, I'm not sure.

I figured out what was happening to your animations, btw- it turns out OSX has a feature called App Nap that puts applications to sleep when they're running in the background. Which is clever, but it also stops ckb's animations from working. :P So that should be fixed now.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:01 AM
CorpNewt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 749549

Beautifully done! It's working like a dream now! Thanks so much for your hard work!

Edit:

Seems the only thing I'm having issues with at the moment, now that the animations stay running, is their timings seem to be off. I have 6 waves, each a horizontal row of keys that has a different color/width that scroll from left to right at the same interval. After a few minutes, they seem to be out of sync. Not sure if that just has to do with the separate applications launched for each animation or what, but just thought I'd make a note of it.

Edit #2:

I just tried setting up all the keys with the gradient reactive animation. It seems to work with all keys except the Escape key for some reason.

Last edited by CorpNewt; 12-28-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:55 PM

POST ID # = 749619

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Are you running the ckb utility? You should see a tab like this:

It has an option to change the keyboard layout in there. If you'd prefer to do it from a terminal, you can also run "echo layout se > /dev/input/ckb1/cmd"

I noticed it just now before coming to this forum :P thank you anyway! It's running perfectly right now. Thank you SOOO much! I thought I'd have to return the keyboard which I'm already in love with.

Last edited by Technobeard; 12-28-2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: corrected bbcode

Old 12-29-2014, 05:36 AM
Linux/OSX driver

POST ID # = 749757

Quote:
Beautifully done! It's working like a dream now! Thanks so much for your hard work!

Edit:

Seems the only thing I'm having issues with at the moment, now that the animations stay running, is their timings seem to be off. I have 6 waves, each a horizontal row of keys that has a different color/width that scroll from left to right at the same interval. After a few minutes, they seem to be out of sync. Not sure if that just has to do with the separate applications launched for each animation or what, but just thought I'd make a note of it.

Edit #2:

I just tried setting up all the keys with the gradient reactive animation. It seems to work with all keys except the Escape key for some reason.
Turns out the Esc key wasn't printing notifications properly...oops. I think the animations getting out of sync is due to the timing not being precise enough. I'll have a fix for that soon.