The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2015, 05:27 AM

POST ID # = 812928
Milaan Reputation: 10
Question Void: No sound anymore

Got the VOID last week and it worked absolutley fine in all games and skype.
Yesterday i got home and it stopped getting any audio from Windows 10.

I tried:

- Connecting USB dongle to other USB Port
- Checking if the VOID is standard device for input/output
- Restarted PC

After i removed the CUE Software from my PC it instantly worked. The i reinstalled CUE and i stopped working. Removed it again and it worked.

Oh the mic is still working for example in skype.

Any idea?

Old 10-08-2015, 07:24 PM
t0dddy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 813052
t0dddy Reputation: 10

is this the rgb wireless ones or yellowjacket, or wired rgb carbon/black ones..

be sure to plug in back usb port, be sure to install software as admin, & also be sure to set the device in sound properties, you right click sound bottom right in taskbar then click playback devices>right click on void headset and set default comunnications & also click default device, both VOID :)

lemme know how you get on dude, also does the headset beep and stuff as it should.?

P.S i think it may be windows 10 tbh.. windows update bricked my machine, went back to windows 8.1 :)

Last edited by t0dddy; 10-08-2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: fixed spelling :P

Old 10-09-2015, 07:57 AM

POST ID # = 813136
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Sounds like it may be a driver issue if t0ddy's suggestion did not help.

open Device Manager and confirm Windows is using the Corsair drivers and that there are no errors.

If that does not help, reset CUE by deleting the files found in %Appdata%\Corsair This will delete user made effects, actions, settings, etc

Old 10-12-2015, 09:55 AM

POST ID # = 813607
Milaan Reputation: 10

Fixed the problem by removing CUE, then REBOOT and then install CUE again.

Thanks guys.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:21 PM
myzap's PC Specs

POST ID # = 842585
myzap Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milaan View Post
Fixed the problem by removing CUE, then REBOOT and then install CUE again.

Thanks guys.
Windows7 64bit. Exactly the same problem as Milaan, but the solution did not work.

When I plugged in my wireless VOID, windows recognized it and I had on the playback devices (right click on the speaker) the headset earphone as Corsair VOID RGB Wireless. In addition the device manager had under Sound, video and game controllers the Corsair VOID RGB Wireless device.

After installing CUE (1.15.36) I lost the Corsair under playback devices, and there was a yellow exclamation mark next to Corsair VOID in the device Manager. CUE would recognize the VOID, but Windows7 would not.

Is this a CUE bug? I de-installed it, rebooted, installed it back... Nothing. It seems that when CUE is installed, something is messed up. Anybody with a solution?

Old 03-28-2016, 01:14 AM

POST ID # = 844366
mrcandleguy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzap View Post
Windows7 64bit. Exactly the same problem as Milaan, but the solution did not work.

When I plugged in my wireless VOID, windows recognized it and I had on the playback devices (right click on the speaker) the headset earphone as Corsair VOID RGB Wireless. In addition the device manager had under Sound, video and game controllers the Corsair VOID RGB Wireless device.

After installing CUE (1.15.36) I lost the Corsair under playback devices, and there was a yellow exclamation mark next to Corsair VOID in the device Manager. CUE would recognize the VOID, but Windows7 would not.

Is this a CUE bug? I de-installed it, rebooted, installed it back... Nothing. It seems that when CUE is installed, something is messed up. Anybody with a solution?
Do you still have this issue? i'm in the exact same place.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:59 PM

POST ID # = 855198
LuisLeon Reputation: 10

I am also having a similar issue, but with the WIRED version, Corsair VOID USB. Have uninstalled/reinstalled CUE and restarted the computer 6 times (once for each USB port on my comp, and none of them have worked. I can use the CUE software to change the color on my headphones, and hear the startup beeps, but no audio or mic input.

Did the uninstall/reinstall/update in device manager, and am still getting a yellow ! next to the device. Also, the windows 7 driver install keeps saying failed.

What more can I do besides returning them?

Old 05-29-2016, 03:43 AM

POST ID # = 855233
Dangerm0use Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisLeon View Post
I am also having a similar issue, but with the WIRED version, Corsair VOID USB. Have uninstalled/reinstalled CUE and restarted the computer 6 times (once for each USB port on my comp, and none of them have worked. I can use the CUE software to change the color on my headphones, and hear the startup beeps, but no audio or mic input.

Did the uninstall/reinstall/update in device manager, and am still getting a yellow ! next to the device. Also, the windows 7 driver install keeps saying failed.

What more can I do besides returning them?

I'm having same issue as above except on my Gaming rig, I'm running Win 10 & My headset is wireless, I have not tried the device manager recommendations yet.
But to throw a spanner in the works, if I install the headset & CUE software on my laptop it all works, also my freinds who have these headsets use them on their laptops all working fine
I have raised a ticket but feel I will have to send them back

Old 08-09-2017, 05:09 AM

POST ID # = 915190
Shade1982 Reputation: 10

I had to make an account specifically for this.

After a year and a half, it seems this is still not fixed and nobody from Corsair even bothered to respond here.

For those of you still on this, I finally got it working by installing an older version of the CUE software.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:35 PM

POST ID # = 941681
brenatevi Reputation: 10

Problem still happening in February 2018. Uninstalled CUE, and didn't even have to reboot and my headphones started working. Not sure if I'm installing CUE again, since they work without them.

Old 02-22-2018, 06:51 AM

POST ID # = 941763
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

If you do re install CUE, Open Device Manager and make sure there are no errors listed for the headset.

You can also put in a support ticket with Corsair for assistance as well.
https://support.corsair.com/

Old 03-26-2018, 03:56 PM
Jankovsky's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946658
Jankovsky Reputation: 10

I have the same issue, but for me when I uninstall CUE, there's still no sound...
I got headphones like 2 months ago, they work great in the beginning. Then around 3 weeks ago I reinstalled system to Windows 7. They worked only if I didn't installed CUE. After 1,5 week I installed it just to check and it worked, could've changed setup and lights. Now, 2 days ago I had to reinstall system again. Of course headphones worked only without CUE, but today even tho I didn't installed it, there's no sound. System is finding headphones, there's sound in my settings, but nothing comes from the headphones. There's even that smal green line going up and down in sound settings that means the sound is coming from somewhere, but not going throu my headphones. I don't know what to do. If someone finds solution, please reply.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:32 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 946835
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

When you performed the clean install of Windows, did you perform all the Windows updates? There are some updates that need to be performed for proper functionality of the software. Also, which version of the CUE software do you have installed currently?

Old 03-27-2018, 04:53 PM
Jankovsky's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946942
Jankovsky Reputation: 10

After some Windows Updates it worked before, now I'm not sure. I will get new PC in 2 weeks so I will try on that one with Windows 10. But now I have different problem, I connect headset to PC via USB with no CUE, it worked before but there's no sound. I hear a beep when I unmute the mic or on/off but no sound comes from PC. On PC it shows that drivers are okay, there's a name of headset but no sound at all. I think it's because of my PC but I can't tell now, will check in 2 weeks.

Old 01-19-2019, 12:28 AM

POST ID # = 990443
kingderpp Reputation: 10
Default Fixed it!!

Ladies and gents, after a lot of toying with it I figured it out. Go into the Corsair ICUE, click your device (HS70), go to settings, and where it says Firmware click update. It told me mine was up to date and then it gave me the option to "force update". Click that, plug your headset into your pc using the charger/usb cable, wait for it to update and WALA! It worked for me at least.

Tags
cue, void, windows 10