Corsair Community

Veangeance LPX DDR4 not compatible with other DDR4 ?

dr_nilkog

Hi,

I have Vengeance LPX DDR4 2 x 4GB on my motherborad since 1 or 2 years. I decided to add 2 x (4 GB PC4 - 2400CL17 288 - Pin UDIMM) on my ASUSTeK PRIME Z370-P.

Unfortunately it doesn't work :-(.

The new memory, alone, works on every slot (1 to 4), but computer does not start in addition of my old Vengeance LPX. Of course Vengeance is still working if I remove my new memory.

Someone have any idea of what I can do to have my 4 x 4GB of memory working together ?

Thansk a lot.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I have Vengeance LPX DDR4 2 x 4GB on my motherborad since 1 or 2 years. I decided to add 2 x (4 GB PC4 - 2400CL17 288 - Pin UDIMM) on my ASUSTeK PRIME Z370-P.

Unfortunately it doesn't work :-(.

The new memory, alone, works on every slot (1 to 4), but computer does not start in addition of my old Vengeance LPX. Of course Vengeance is still working if I remove my new memory.

Someone have any idea of what I can do to have my 4 x 4GB of memory working together ?

Thansk a lot.

Sorry that's just not going to happen, when you buy a kit you buy it as a kit so that all modules are speed matched so if you want four 4gb modules you buy a 16gb kit where the modules have been tested together and are known to work together. You can't just match timings and expect it to work because there are all sorts of sub timings involved. You would be better off returning your new kit and buying a kit that is the correct size for your needs, once it is working you can sell off your old memory second hand.