The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 02-28-2015, 10:21 PM
Power to the Punch
Powerpuncher's PC Specs

POST ID # = 763453
Powerpuncher Reputation: 10
Default CUE Feature Suggestions

Update: Please see http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...5&postcount=48

Post any suggestions you might have for CUE here.

Hey there,

so I've been messing around in CUE quite a bit now. It's definitely not as complicated as many made me believe it was. But it leaves much to desire, still.
Here are some suggestions that'd make creating profiles a lot easier and more powerful:
  • A layer system:
    Like in an Image or Video editor. That way you can put for example a group lighting on top of a single key lighting. The current rulesets apply to each layer individually. There are global groups which apply to all layers and every layer can have its own local groups. The layers themselves can be grouped together as well. Each layer can have its own reactive typing on top of the global one, the layer reactive typing would be prioritised.

• Being able to initiate an action/different lighting once a lighting effect has finished:
    Like when you create a macro there is an option for a second action.
  • Also make that second action available for every action type and being able to start a lighting effect once an action is finished. That way you can chain an infinite amount of actions and lighting effects together.

• Initiating a lighting effect on other keys with the press of a specific key or group of keys:
    This applies (unlike reactive typing) only to a single key or a selected group of keys, which initiates a group or single key lighting on a selected group/key.

• Make the software window and column sizes adjustable:
    As it is right now it is very tedious to browse through lots of groups and many actions/lighting effects with longer names.

• Creating profiles for a different keyboard/layout:
    Maybe a drop down menu from where you can choose the keyboard (K65/K70/K95) and the layout (US/DE/AZERTY). Unused or not available keys will be ignored when displaying on the actual keyboard. A built in converter would suffice as well.

• Making lighting effects repeat on top of themselves:
    For example a ripple: Maybe a checkbox [X] Overlap on repeat, which makes the effect play to the end regardless of how long the effect is set to last. That way, the effect overlaps making smooth and constant multicolor waves and ripples much much easier.

• Static group gradient effect:
    A static gradient on a group that doesn't cycle through the colors, instead spans the gradient colors across the selected group of keys.

If you have more suggestions feel free to post them here.

I'm not pushing corsair to implement this, just giving some ideas.

Regards,
Pp

Last edited by Powerpuncher; 06-11-2015 at 06:41 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:33 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 763531
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Layer System should already be in CUE if i understand what you want correctly.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 03-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Power to the Punch
Powerpuncher's PC Specs

POST ID # = 763535

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
Layer System should already be in CUE if i understand what you want correctly.
I want a layer system like this:

Old 03-01-2015, 01:02 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 763543
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Thats a lot of layers, what are you looking for an onion, onions have layers. Yes Shreak joke
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 03-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Power to the Punch
Powerpuncher's PC Specs

POST ID # = 763547

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
Thats a lot of layers, what are you looking for an onion, onions have layers. Yes Shreak joke

Need more layers! The sky's the limit.

Last edited by Powerpuncher; 03-01-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:43 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 847112
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄
Big Grin

Hey zheren159,
I think the poster is looking for Corsair Frame by Frame.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:18 AM
Power to the Punch
Powerpuncher's PC Specs

POST ID # = 763673

Thanks to thomja's request, I came up with another suggestion.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:43 AM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 763709
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14

Here's another suggestion: We need to be able to have an action on a keypress without disabling its normal function, like being able to press Enter to change to another mode so someone can type in-game without having other keys' lighting effects activating.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:20 AM

POST ID # = 767665
The Last Thing Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
Here's another suggestion: We need to be able to have an action on a keypress without disabling its normal function, like being able to press Enter to change to another mode so someone can type in-game without having other keys' lighting effects activating.
Yes, yes, yes! I would love to see this. To add to that, I think being able to assign multiple actions/lighting effects to single key would be awesome. For example, pressing Y would cause a mode switch and then would start a macro after the mode switch along with a timer that is synced with a delay in the macro or something like that.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:21 PM
schmoleskin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826638
schmoleskin Reputation: 10
Default Please add manual update feature

(Before writing this, I checked everywhere I could think of in the CUE software looking for this feature, let me know if I just missed it.)

The CUE feature I'd like to see would be an option to limit updates to manual only. The software asks to be updated quite often, I've updated the software 5-6 times since I got the Sabre RGB mouse about 6 weeks ago. I've had issues with operation after each update, the last was the worst:

I allowed CUE to update when it requested. At the end of the process, it said it had failed to install a couple of components. I found the CUE software wasn't working. It would switch to the correct profile for a given program, but not issue keystrokes.

I re-booted, to no avail. It did not ask to be updated, so eventually, I uninstalled CUE, downloaded the most recent, and reinstalled/rebooted before it began working again.

Would you please consider the option of making updates fully manual (Without notifications)? I will check for updates if I install new software, or experience a problem. Right now, the only problems I have with the Corsair Sabre RGB are due to the automated update process. Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited by schmoleskin; 12-21-2015 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Left out mouse model

Old 12-22-2015, 11:09 PM

POST ID # = 826939
|v7| Reputation: 10
Default K70 RGB Lights-Off on Idle

Hey!

I know there is a third-party program that does this, but I would love to have a feature that would auto-turn off the lighting on idle implemented directly in CUE.

I spent some time using the Razer Chroma RGB and that feature alone makes me miss that keyboard sooooo much. The feature on the Chroma is that it turns off the back-lighting on the keyboard once your monitor turns off. I love the idea of that feature.

I find myself leaving my computer often and when I come back it bothers me to see that my back-lighting was on the entire time =(.

Maybe set it up so you can put a idle timer in the settings and upon hitting that time without touching the mouse or keyboard, it shuts the back-light off. And then when you move the mouse it automatically turns the back-light back on.

Much appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 12-25-2015, 08:10 PM

POST ID # = 827421
SirSilverHawk Reputation: 10

Until they add that you could use the lighting button on the top left of the keyboard, not ideal but it could do.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:17 PM
******* Enthusiast
girlyman55's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888825
girlyman55 Reputation: 10
Thumbs up Linking chosen lights to another peripheral

I think the ability to link 2 or more lights doing the same thing on multiple peripherals would be cool.

For example, the corsair branding logo on my strafe going through a rainbow color switch, while the logo on my mouse does the same at the same time.

Old 06-04-2017, 12:04 PM

POST ID # = 906789
DarbleyDotGov Reputation: 10
Default CUE App

My suggestion for Corsair is to make an app that allows to to make profiles when I have downtime doing useless stuff like pooping, or working.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:48 AM

POST ID # = 933137
V45H Reputation: 10

a way to make the profile switcher change my scroll speed similar to unlocking the scroll wheel in a logitech mouse to change the scroll rate from 3 to 6? sort of like how sniper mode can change the dpi id like a way to change the scroll in a similar fashion