Corsair Community

How to stop / cancel / interrupt a running macro?

Oniba

Hi,

I know this may sound really dumb because the solution could be really obvious and simple, but I swear I've been searching for days, googling all over the net and I can't seem to find a solution.

Well I did find one, it was to set the macro to "toggle" instead of "trigger when pressed" so that simply pressing the macro key would toggle it off.

That doesn't work, in fact, I'm wondering if that doesn't actually start it all over again and (maybe?) make it so that another version of the same macro is running on top at the same time?

Basically, it's really simple thing to keep sprinting on horse for Black Desert Online during auto run.

1. Press key LeftShift

2. Pause execution for 890 ms

3. Right mouse button press

4. Pause execution for 2416ms

5 Release key LeftShift

6. Pause execution for 14869 ms

7. Right mouse button release

(there's 2 scenarios, a) I want to sprint on horse automatically and I'm in front of PC, b) I want to sprint on horse while I'm afk. Depending on scenario, I simply hit the macro now and then, or I change to toggle (or repeat 99999 times) and let it run while I'm afk

The problem I have, is if I want to stop it, hitting the macro key doesn't seem to work. What's more, I could really need to stop it ASAP and/or do something in game but I can't cause I can't click or shift is held down by macro or whatever.

Example, "oh ****, my horse is running straight to the river, if I don't stop it it will die".

-> How do I immediately stop that running macro? (and/or stop any running macros?)

Thanks in advance!

Since I got no replies, and I noticed the board is active, I'm thinking that maybe the answer to my question is "no, it's not possible to interrupt a Macro".

If that is the case, please say so (so I don't waste hours and hours of googling something that isn't possible)!

(I did read about making scripts but I'm too much of a noob to do that kind of thing ..)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you abort the macro at step 4, the computer will not receive a key up event or a mouse button release event, and your horse will gallop ever onward. This macro, if aborted, produces the result you saw, so asking how to abort this macro is like asking people to throw your horse into a ravine, and make your computer act like the key and mouse is never released. People avoid giving bad advice.

Better would be to write two macros for assigning to the same thing. The first macro would do the key and mouse down and switch profile; the second macro would do the key and mouse up and switch profile back. This would perform the desirable result of allowing you to determine when you want the horse to stop running.

As programmed, your macro is an excellent example of executing a sequence of timed events. Cancelling your macro's execution once it has begun is probably not what you really want.

To see/practice macro cancellation, do not use macros with explicit key/button down and up events, unless you have already created a way to restore your system to a normal state.

If you abort the macro at step 4, the computer will not receive a key up event or a mouse button release event, and your horse will gallop ever onward. This macro, if aborted, produces the result you saw, so asking how to abort this macro is like asking people to throw your horse into a ravine, and make your computer act like the key and mouse is never released. People avoid giving bad advice.

Better would be to write two macros for assigning to the same thing. The first macro would do the key and mouse down and switch profile; the second macro would do the key and mouse up and switch profile back. This would perform the desirable result of allowing you to determine when you want the horse to stop running.

As programmed, your macro is an excellent example of executing a sequence of timed events. Cancelling your macro's execution once it has begun is probably not what you really want.

To see/practice macro cancellation, do not use macros with explicit key/button down and up events, unless you have already created a way to restore your system to a normal state.

I didn't understand what you wrote...

Anyway, you can close this thread : I made a ticket and wrote to support who told me :

a) there was no possible way to interrupt or immediately "kill" a running macro (while using iCUE options / tools only).

b) there was a bug or problem with the "toggle" feature which meant that the macro would not end when pressing "toggle". (It would end after if certain key strokes were pressed).

Archived