Corsair Community

Corsair Ring Fan??

v_asymptote

I wonder whether 3D printed diffusers would be an option for HD120 RGBs in the meantime... *Goes to poke at that*

Ends up directing diffusion primarily between the layers of the print, so creats a line effect instead of a "bright dot". Kind of nice, but not what I was hoping for.

Hmmm... Maybe if I sand it...

Edit: Slightly better. Creates about a 1cm lighted area instead of the hard spot.

Ends up directing diffusion primarily between the layers of the print, so creats a line effect instead of a "bright dot". Kind of nice, but not what I was hoping for.

Hmmm... Maybe if I sand it...

Edit: Slightly better. Creates about a 1cm lighted area instead of the hard spot.

POST PICS! I want to see this!

POST PICS! I want to see this!

O.O

It's still a sad comparison to a true ring. Two fans in the case, the top one has the printed insert, and the bottom normal for comparison. (And I only printed one diffuser insert*).

(* Which is not actually true. I printed a test that was too thick to clear the fan, then printed a 20mm deep one that sticks out of the inner ring, originally with the plan to have a flange, and then a 13mm deep one that is installed, with one failed print in between.)

I have a few more things I may try doing in the diffuser design that might help. We'll see.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31201&stc=1&d=1506021966

1122784314_IMG_20170921_122003-Copy.thumb.jpg.406bb1942bfbaf0491e350a13d1d56b7.jpg

Archived