The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2020, 08:09 PM
speancer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1032717
speancer Reputation: 10
Sad Something's wrong with my Corsair MP510

Hello,

Recently I started noticing something really weird happening with my MP510 drive's performance...

I ran some basic tests and results are horrendously bad, not only in the benchmarks, but also in real case scenario, like copying a Windows 10 ISO file. Before I could make several copies with full speed of this very same file, now the drive begins to choke just after 2-3 copies and drops performance significantly.

Also, my drive refuses to update the firmware to 12.3 version, I'm on 12.2. The process just fails every time. My problems started before I tried to update it, however. I actually tried to update it to see if it would change anything.

What the hell is happening? I attach a screenshot showing drastic change in test results.

Also please note that there's still A LOT of free space on the drive and it's just been a few months since I bought it. I did not really notice any decrease in system or gaming performance though.

I take good care of my PC, everything's sorted, no infections, rubbish, etc. Everything should be in perfect shape.

Please help!