The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2015, 09:25 AM

POST ID # = 824975
Volchara Reputation: 10
Default 600C 600Q Is a third variant a possibility?

Was wondering if a standard ATX variant was something that would be considered or if there are any plans in the works for one?

I have attached an image edit of the interior of the case to demonstrate what I mean.

Aesthetically this case is really really nice. I love the exterior design and I love the efficient use of space with the cases interior. The side panel door from the 760T is also something that I really like here. The only thing I dislike is the inverted ATX layout, but to each their own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Standard ATX design.jpg (204.5 KB, 2530 views)

Old 12-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 825040
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Would you be willing to sacrifice the 5.25" drive bays, or would you rather they be at the bottom of the case?

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:27 AM

POST ID # = 825179
Volchara Reputation: 10

I'd be willing to sacrifice them. Potentially you could move the HDD bays down there instead, since they would be in plain sight otherwise.

Also by doing that you would remove the need for the "lip" on the PSU shroud, which then could be made perfectly rectangular for an even cleaner look.

A couple of other suggestions for a future variant would be:

1. Reduced case height if possible (but not at the cost of radiator support).

The case measures at 17.5" x 21" the case is almost perfectly square, reducing the height by 2 ~ 3 inches, would help achieve this.
This doesn't add to practicality albeit making the case marginally lighter, but arguably it would be a welcome aesthetic change if only a minor one.

2. Cable routing through the PSU shroud.

The PSU shroud is an absolutely brilliant feature and could certainly be used for routing GPU power cables directly to the GPU, instead of around the back of the case.
This would be more practical while also improving on the clean aesthetic.

3. A top mesh dust filter like the ones present on the 450D and 750D (since the fans would be up top on a standard ATX variant).

EDIT: To answer your question more specifically, I think it would be fine to sacrifice the 5.25" drive bays provided that the space is used for something else.
Whether that would be improving the case aesthetic, by hiding the HDD drive bays down there, or adding additional storage drive bays to compliment what the case offers already.
Having it as empty space would be a waste, and if that was to be the case keeping the optical drives at the bottom would certainly be a better option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annotated Design.jpg (226.4 KB, 310 views)

Last edited by Volchara; 12-12-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:44 PM
dewbak75's PC Specs

POST ID # = 827064
dewbak75 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchara View Post
I'd be willing to sacrifice them. Potentially you could move the HDD bays down there instead, since they would be in plain sight otherwise.

Also by doing that you would remove the need for the "lip" on the PSU shroud, which then could be made perfectly rectangular for an even cleaner look.

A couple of other suggestions for a future variant would be:

1. Reduced case height if possible (but not at the cost of radiator support).

The case measures at 17.5" x 21" the case is almost perfectly square, reducing the height by 2 ~ 3 inches, would help achieve this.
This doesn't add to practicality albeit making the case marginally lighter, but arguably it would be a welcome aesthetic change if only a minor one.

2. Cable routing through the PSU shroud.

The PSU shroud is an absolutely brilliant feature and could certainly be used for routing GPU power cables directly to the GPU, instead of around the back of the case.
This would be more practical while also improving on the clean aesthetic.

3. A top mesh dust filter like the ones present on the 450D and 750D (since the fans would be up top on a standard ATX variant).

EDIT: To answer your question more specifically, I think it would be fine to sacrifice the 5.25" drive bays provided that the space is used for something else.
Whether that would be improving the case aesthetic, by hiding the HDD drive bays down there, or adding additional storage drive bays to compliment what the case offers already.
Having it as empty space would be a waste, and if that was to be the case keeping the optical drives at the bottom would certainly be a better option.
This doesn't sound like a "variant", this sounds like a whole new case model.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:35 PM

POST ID # = 827110
Hamdan Reputation: 15

This really needs to happen.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:13 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 829172
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamdan View Post
This really needs to happen.
Carbide 400Q Product Page
Carbide 400C Product Page

Old 01-17-2016, 10:15 AM

POST ID # = 831447
Larrybot Reputation: 10

A 600-Size version of this would be perfect, I love the look of the look of the 600C with the large window, but I would prefer a more "conventional" case.
Only thing I would change from the 400Q and 400C is the small gap between the shroud and the front.