The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2015, 02:44 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs

POST ID # = 817118
Jkraghify Reputation: 10

The default rainbow is different than this one. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I perceive that my profile is smoother (just compared the two). Also this profile follows the shape of the keyboard better I think. Instead of left, right, up, or down, it follows a slight slant depending on where it is on the keyboard.

The mode switch for the K95 rgb is easy - M1, M2, and M3 on the keyboard. For the K70rgb, there is no mode switching outside of the utility. If you feel like it, you can assign any switch to be mode switching - I didn't do that for you.

Thank you for the compliment :) It did take me a while to make the profile.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:43 AM
PhazonXenomorph's PC Specs

POST ID # = 817122
PhazonXenomorph Reputation: 10

If I wanted the windows lock key to be default and not color shifting (when its locked its off on your profile, and that i personalyl dont like) how to i remove the features on it alone so I can get the default locked / unlocked colors? Or rather, when it's not in use would it not be better for it to be off, but in use (Always) be color shifting like the rest of the keyboard?

Old 10-30-2015, 07:06 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 817237
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhazonXenomorph View Post
If I wanted the windows lock key to be default and not color shifting (when its locked its off on your profile, and that i personalyl dont like) how to i remove the features on it alone so I can get the default locked / unlocked colors? Or rather, when it's not in use would it not be better for it to be off, but in use (Always) be color shifting like the rest of the keyboard?
go to Profile -> Lighting, right click the window icon set to default. Then you can go in to indicator to customize it.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 11-05-2015, 05:05 PM

POST ID # = 818231
VeautifulV Reputation: 10

Love it! before I was using somebody else's mega rainbow profile meant for the K70s but the G-keys would flow the opposite way and now you my savior came along and fixed it all! Quick question are M-buttons, keyboard brightness button and window locks button suppose to stay one color or change?

Old 11-06-2015, 02:52 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs

POST ID # = 818393

I'm not home right now so I cant check until later for sure, but I commonly design my profiles with three or more modes. This one has three modes and I make an effort to let the M buttons tell you what mode you're in. So the first mode should have a rainbow on the M1 button while the M2 and M3 are static. The second mode is static, so M2 should be static but a different color than M1 and M3. Mode 3 is a rainbow pulse, so the M3 button should be pulsing with the rainbow.

I don't think I ever change the brightness indicator... I'll try it out and se if it's a detail worth adding in any of my future profiles.

Regarding the lock button, I seem to remember having it follow the rainbows in each mode when it's turned on. I'll update this post when I am home later today with answers I'm certain of - these are just from my memory.

Overall, I tried to maintain the functionality of how the top row displays information over turning the entire keyboard into a light show. It was a design compromise, and I understand that other people have different - but equally cool - ideas :)

Old 11-06-2015, 05:01 PM

POST ID # = 818420
VeautifulV Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkraghify View Post
I'm not home right now so I cant check until later for sure, but I commonly design my profiles with three or more modes. This one has three modes and I make an effort to let the M buttons tell you what mode you're in. So the first mode should have a rainbow on the M1 button while the M2 and M3 are static. The second mode is static, so M2 should be static but a different color than M1 and M3. Mode 3 is a rainbow pulse, so the M3 button should be pulsing with the rainbow.

I don't think I ever change the brightness indicator... I'll try it out and se if it's a detail worth adding in any of my future profiles.

Regarding the lock button, I seem to remember having it follow the rainbows in each mode when it's turned on. I'll update this post when I am home later today with answers I'm certain of - these are just from my memory.

Overall, I tried to maintain the functionality of how the top row displays information over turning the entire keyboard into a light show. It was a design compromise, and I understand that other people have different - but equally cool - ideas :)
Haha it is no problem I love it already the way it is! Just thought it would be cool for the entire keyboard to have a flowing rainbow, thanks and keep up the hard work =)

Old 11-06-2015, 05:29 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs

POST ID # = 818426

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeautifulV View Post
Haha it is no problem I love it already the way it is! Just thought it would be cool for the entire keyboard to have a flowing rainbow, thanks and keep up the hard work =)
If you want to customize the profile that way, just right click the keys you want the indicators to match up with. This will give you the name of that particular lighting effect. Clear the lighting on the indicator, and apply the effect you just found to the indicator you just cleared :)

Old 11-10-2015, 04:19 AM
PhazonXenomorph's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819119
PhazonXenomorph Reputation: 10

How do I make the 3rd profile, the gradient shifting one the default profile for the keyboard when i boot up?

Old 11-10-2015, 06:52 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819133

In the mode list on the left side of CUE, you can drag it up to the M1 position. You then have to set the profile as default by right clicking that hamburger icon next to the profile name. In the same menu you can also store the profile to the device memory.

Keep in mind that the animation will not work unless CUE is running. The board stores static lighting information only. No animations, no macros. Once CUE launches the enire profile will be available:)

Old 11-27-2015, 06:59 PM

POST ID # = 822468
Ectobiologist1 Reputation: 10

Hey! Love the profile! My only question is, is there a way to make the rainbow not turn white when you hit the key?

Edit: I found out how to do it! Thanks for the profile!

Last edited by Ectobiologist1; 11-27-2015 at 07:01 PM.