The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-29-2015, 11:12 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 756957
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Not that you did a poor job or anything but you just took 3 profiles other people made and added the abilty to switch between them with a key stroke. I would know i made the last one.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 01-29-2015, 11:43 AM

POST ID # = 756960
intraCore Reputation: 10

I'm also getting the invalid keystroke errors and when this profile is activated, the "End" key closes the window I'm in. Luckily, I wasn't in an important window. It's nice, but there's definitely something wrong.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:06 PM

POST ID # = 756989
Preshaone1 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
Not that you did a poor job or anything but you just took 3 profiles other people made and added the abilty to switch between them with a key stroke. I would know i made the last one.
yes I put multiple rainbow profiles together to create an "ultimate" and if you look at the list of effects its alot more than simply putting 3 profiles together, I've now also created a second version which has 5 rainbows and 5 fps modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intraCore View Post
I'm also getting the invalid keystroke errors and when this profile is activated, the "End" key closes the window I'm in. Luckily, I wasn't in an important window. It's nice, but there's definitely something wrong.
glad you like it however in your case there is nothing wrong. if you are to read.. it states that "end" is a close/altf4 shortcut. ,few people have mentioned the invalid keystrokes however I've not a clue as to what that is? if the end button is a cause for concern then i advise u reset the end button to default on all modes.

Last edited by Preshaone1; 01-29-2015 at 08:57 PM.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:56 PM

POST ID # = 757012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preshaone1 View Post
glad you like it however in your case there is nothing wrong. if you are to read.. it states that "end" is a close/altf4 shortcut. ,few people have mentioned the invalid keystrokes however I've not a clue as to what that is? if the end button is a cause for concern then i advise u reset the end button to default on all modes.
Ah, this is why I should've read the entire post first. Thank you. I got a little freaked out when windows started closing.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:59 PM

POST ID # = 757013

This is the issue I (and most likely the others) are talking about:
Attached Images
File Type: png Corsair Issue.png (121.1 KB, 267 views)
File Type: png Corsair Issue 2.png (43.3 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by intraCore; 01-29-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:40 PM

POST ID # = 757021

Quote:
This is the issue I (and most likely the others) are talking about:
o.O i have never seen that before whilst importing any profiles... maybe if a member of the corsair team could help... seems like for alot of people it works and for others it doesn't.. could be due to some being USA versions plus because of the notorious "freeze" i downgraded to 1.13 firmware and with this i get little to none profile freeze's so maybe that could possibly have something to do with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/boj1ae95ly...pp112.bin?dl=0

Last edited by Preshaone1; 01-29-2015 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Link to firmware 1.13

Old 01-29-2015, 10:13 PM

POST ID # = 757054

Quote:
o.O i have never seen that before whilst importing any profiles... maybe if a member of the corsair team could help... seems like for alot of people it works and for others it doesn't.. could be due to some being USA versions plus because of the notorious "freeze" i downgraded to 1.13 firmware and with this i get little to none profile freeze's so maybe that could possibly have something to do with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/boj1ae95ly...pp112.bin?dl=0
I do have an issue where the keyboard lighting randomly freezes and the lock keys no longer function - the only way to fix it is to replug the USB. It's getting quite annoying and I hope it's a software/firmware issue and Corsair will fix it and not that I need to replace my keyboard. I am using the USA version - what are you using?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:45 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 757059

Quote:
yes I put multiple rainbow profiles together to create an "ultimate" and if you look at the list of effects its alot more than simply putting 3 profiles together, I've now also created a second version which has 5 rainbows and 5 fps modes.

Well first off you should give credit. and second of all the profiles you used from mine which might be the one causing a ton of errors for everyone as the new software is more strict about modding the XML file and my profiles was modded.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:54 AM

POST ID # = 757103

Quote:
Well first off you should give credit. and second of all the profiles you used from mine which might be the one causing a ton of errors for everyone as the new software is more strict about modding the XML file and my profiles was modded.

I doubt any1 thinks i created these profiles, credits to those who made them, especially the megarainbow it has been out for quite some time and btw i didnt use profiles, i used modes.
A friend from across the pond has no trouble importing so i have no idea tbh i am using k70 uk version with firmware 1.13 and CUE 1.2.77.
I am just an ordinary user with average CUE knowledge who decided to put the best rainbows (imo) together for people to use accordingly with a touch of few nice effects, shortcuts & FPS modes.

Last edited by Preshaone1; 01-30-2015 at 06:58 AM.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:58 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 757133

Quote:
I doubt any1 thinks i created these profiles, credits to those who made them, especially the megarainbow it has been out for quite some time and btw i didnt use profiles, i used modes.
A friend from across the pond has no trouble importing so i have no idea tbh i am using k70 uk version with firmware 1.13 and CUE 1.2.77.
I am just an ordinary user with average CUE knowledge who decided to put the best rainbows (imo) together for people to use accordingly with a touch of few nice effects, shortcuts & FPS modes.
There is your issues. Most people here are running 1.3.91 the latest public CUE software and firmware 1.15. in 1.3.91 they addressed some bugs found by the community when the XMl files were being modded. therefore they will cause errors when they are loaded with profiles from other regions. The Us and Uk layout are different in 2 areas, the 4 key and an extra key besides the left keys. They will throw errors becuase corsair wont know what to do with the code for the key.

And it doesnt matter how long something has been you still need to disclose and give credit to those who made the profiles since they are featured in your profile, espically since youve taken creations from quite a few people.

Last edited by Inheritance; 01-30-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:49 AM

POST ID # = 757146

Quote:
There is your issues. Most people here are running 1.3.91 the latest public CUE software and firmware 1.15. in 1.3.91 they addressed some bugs found by the community when the XMl files were being modded. therefore they will cause errors when they are loaded with profiles from other regions. The Us and Uk layout are different in 2 areas, the 4 key and an extra key besides the left keys. They will throw errors becuase corsair wont know what to do with the code for the key.

And it doesnt matter how long something has been you still need to disclose and give credit to those who made the profiles since they are featured in your profile, espically since youve taken creations from quite a few people.
Hi, both of you. Yeah, I'm on the latest CUE and firmware and using the US layout so that's probably why this profile has issues. To be fair, I honestly did think it was this guy's creation until you said something. I've seen many rainbow profiles and thought these were his own. He did an awesome thing with the profile switching, but should've credited the original modes. I do like what he's done, but if this was fixed and he credited the original creators, it would be great.

Edit: Who made the profile where each key is separately changing colors? Where can I find just that one? I already have megarainbow and some others. Thanks!

Last edited by intraCore; 01-30-2015 at 10:53 AM.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:43 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 757187

Quote:
Hi, both of you. Yeah, I'm on the latest CUE and firmware and using the US layout so that's probably why this profile has issues. To be fair, I honestly did think it was this guy's creation until you said something. I've seen many rainbow profiles and thought these were his own. He did an awesome thing with the profile switching, but should've credited the original modes. I do like what he's done, but if this was fixed and he credited the original creators, it would be great.

Edit: Who made the profile where each key is separately changing colors? Where can I find just that one? I already have megarainbow and some others. Thanks!
I did. You can find it on my thread in the click here below its called Rainbow Random. You might have some issues with it. just let me know if you do.

Last edited by Inheritance; 01-30-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:14 PM

POST ID # = 757201

Quote:

well tbh thats what i thought the idea of this forum was. for people to freely upload,download & edit, etc. I doubt u need permission to download therefor its not a "need" basis to give the credit and rather a long thing to do (to find the names of each creator etc). Afterall it is me who put this whole thing together which may i add i thought not to share with the rest of the forum as i knew id get nitty-picky people like yourself to state .. "err these ain't your profiles.." but hey glad you pointed it out.

Quote:
I did. You can find it on my thread in the click here below its called Rainbow Random. You might have some issues with it. just let me know if you do.
-incorrect. it is not rainbow random its similiar though. its called candy crush profile made within last 2-3 weeks. link is here -> http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...ighlight=candy

Last edited by Preshaone1; 01-30-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:27 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 757206

Quote:
well tbh thats what i thought the idea of this forum was. for people to freely upload,download & edit, etc. I doubt u need permission to download therefor its not a "need" basis to give the credit and rather a long thing to do (to find the names of each creator etc). Afterall it is me who put this whole thing together which may i add i thought not to share with the rest of the forum as i knew id get nitty-picky people like yourself to state .. "err these ain't your profiles.." but hey glad you pointed it out.

-incorrect. it is not rainbow random its similiar though. its called candy crush profile made within last 2-3 weeks. link is here -> http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...ighlight=candy
Thats a lie. The last profile has my name in the notes. Second of all they could not fine the profile in that video which was made by me, so a member made his own. That is ok since he created it by him self and only took my idea.

So so far youve refused to give credit, tried to persuade me that i dont know my own work.

Last edited by Inheritance; 01-30-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:50 PM

POST ID # = 757212

to the guy above. i do not know who you are. or why u feel the personal need to comment on every single thread here.. (n0lifemuch),-jk LOL, i have not "refused" to give credit. if u check iv'e already noted that the profiles are not mine. i do not "need" to go out my way and do this, already said. tell me the names and ill add them in. and actually.. I've not once imported "random rainbow" + seeing as i put it all together... i KNOW it was candy crush... for some reason i believe you feel offended for me duplicating your profile and adding work to it. if this is the case. why share them for people to use?! or © if you're really that but-hurt over it.