The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2015, 04:42 PM

POST ID # = 788931
Proffo Reputation: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkraghify View Post
I have had nothing but good experience with Corsair and the RMA policy. I know you are frustrated, but you do not know that the keyboard you bought was new or not. Loads of eBay people will put the plastic wrap on and make used/abused tech look new. Corsair doesn't know even if it's a knockoff product. Its completely undocumented... How could you blame them for not approving your RMA? Contact your eBay seller and hope that (s)he is a nice person and can help you out.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but this is absolutely not Corsair's fault.
A serial number should identify when the keyboard was made, and I'm pretty sure that it would be fairly easy for Corsair to tell if the keyboard was genuine or not (are there any fake K70's anyway ?).

Product abuse should also be easy to identify - dents, scratches, liquid damage etc are all fairly easy to see. I'm not sure if K70 keybaords have "warranty void if removed" stickers either, but if they have, that would also be an easy way to tell if the keyboard had been tampered with.

Assuming the OP's K70 worked perfectly for a while, then suffered from faulty LEDs, then I do have some sympathy because it seems that the product he/she bought has gone the same way as a fair few other K70 keyboards. If the product had generally been reliable, then the keyboard would more than likely be still working properly. Having said that, if the terms and conditions state that Corsair will only offer a repair service for product purchased through authorised retailers, then it's a lesson learned for the OP.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:24 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 788935
terabyte Reputation: 73

A serial number doesn't tell when it was sold however. Someone could have purchased it months ago, never used it and put it up on ebay to resell it. In that case the warranty wouldn't be valid, at least not here in my country.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:08 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 788938
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
A serial number doesn't tell when it was sold however. Someone could have purchased it months ago, never used it and put it up on ebay to resell it. In that case the warranty wouldn't be valid, at least not here in my country.
most likely what happened as thats sort of why ebay was made. reselling.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 07-10-2015, 06:42 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 788940
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

It all boils down to Corsair warranty policy wasn't adhered to,therefore their not obligated nor expected to honor it.
I buy mostly from Corsair themselves because keeping a receipt isn't needed because pop is on my user account,buying there usually costs a few bucks more but worth it..

Old 07-10-2015, 07:38 PM

POST ID # = 788947
Hamdan Reputation: 15

It's an unauthorized seller, dude. Corsair isn't the only manufacturer that use this policy, and for damn good reasons. Deal with it.

Next time, do yourself a favor and never buy from a place like Ebay. Stick to either Corsair's store or Amazon. I know I do, and haven't encountered a single issue.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:22 AM

POST ID # = 788990
Proffo Reputation: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
A serial number doesn't tell when it was sold however.
The serial number could prove that the keyboard was manufactured within the past 2 years though, which means that it would still be within the warranty period.

In any case, buying an item such as this from an unauthorised vendor is not such a good idea, especially when the product is known to have reliability problems. It seems that the OP was aware of possible reliabilty issues, but wasn't aware of the warranty terms and conditions.

Closed Thread