The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 07:08 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 698201
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

The coolers are filled with a mixture of Propylene glycol and distilled water the same as what we put in our cars. It is non toxic , If you have a damage claim please fill out a RMA and we will resolve the issue. Thank you

Old 02-20-2014, 11:36 AM
talon4x4's PC Specs

POST ID # = 698286
talon4x4 Reputation: 10

I must say all these leaking stories worry me but Corsair's response is beyond outstanding. I obviously understood the risks before buying my H100i but it is really nice to see a company stand by their product this way!

Old 02-20-2014, 11:43 AM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 698287
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon4x4 View Post
I must say all these leaking stories worry me but Corsair's response is beyond outstanding. I obviously understood the risks before buying my H100i but it is really nice to see a company stand by their product this way!
it amazes me how just a handful of leaks can freak out people on watercooling,yes obviously theres a risk,but what isnt really?
ive got almost 3k in a new build not including close to another 1k in WC parts and the way i see it is what good are computers if you cant build em the way you like
and corsair WC is much MORE safer
take the plunge and get rid of that huge air box

Old 07-25-2015, 09:05 PM
Coco-Ta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 791444
Coco-Ta Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
ill try to locate it brb
http://www.amazon.com/Control-Produc...dp_ob_title_hi
you would have to modify the sensor for a pc but its very easy to do as it just uses moisture to bridge 2 contacts
it works very well on my sump pump
Hello,

after suffering "almost" a leakage yesterday (seems to be "only" one fan lubticant) I have seen this post. In your system's pics I don't see how/where that sensor is placed. That one you link seems to be for "big" ammount of water, right? I've sawn some others that detct humidity, or water on "big quantities", but others have sensor wires that trigger the alarm when that wire gets in contact with "water" (I guess that's what would be fine for the case of AC, right?). Also, as I don't know the water proportion in the coolant mixture, will a "water" detector work for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
it amazes me how just a handful of leaks can freak out people on watercooling,yes obviously theres a risk,but what isnt really?
ive got almost 3k in a new build not including close to another 1k in WC parts and the way i see it is what good are computers if you cant build em the way you like
and corsair WC is much MORE safer
take the plunge and get rid of that huge air box
"A handful of leaks" or a million of them. If the problem does not affect you (personally) it may not be freightning you, but I do really have fear; had it before, and since yesterday fear has increased, as if I am one of the "lucky handfuls"...

Last edited by Coco-Ta; 07-25-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 791707
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

We do warrant our coolers against leaks. If it leaks in your system and is responsible for frying your hardware, we'll often evaluate and replace.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Closed Thread