The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 08:57 AM
FiveInline's PC Specs

POST ID # = 615282
FiveInline Reputation: 10

RAM GUY:

Please note that this high pitched noise was coming AFTER the firmware update.

Right now i have a "dead" H100i where its not recogniced by windows, (no light on the block, have requested an RMA) but the pump and fans are still spinning, and now i dont have any high pitched noise from the fans.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 615596
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
RAM GUY:

Please note that this high pitched noise was coming AFTER the firmware update.
Noted. We are currently looking into this. I'm working with engineering right now and see if they can shed some light regarding this issue.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Pihlen88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 621320
Pihlen88 Reputation: 10

I have the same "high pitch sound" as 'FiveInline' after firmware update!

But i think that it has something to do with voltage or frequency, then the fans are connected to the pump. Then the voltage / fan speed is lowered, the sound is starting. And WOW, what an irritating high frequency noise!

Currently i have the fans connected to my motherboard fan headers, which is controlled by asus FanXpert. And now the noise is gone, regardless of the speed, chosen randomly from 650 rpm to 2700 rpm.

Other then that, this is the best water cooling kit i have tested and seen yet.! :)

Sorry my English, it's not my native language!

P.S. I think the fan provided with the H100i is excellent :D

Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 AM
AlucarDx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 629575
AlucarDx Reputation: 10

I recently bought my H100i because I want to have silent and efficient cooling system and I'm disappointed.

When I connect all fans in my obsidian 650D to H100i link control system I get this high pitched sound which is really annoying.

I use Corsair link 2.2.0 and my H100i was dispatched with 1.0.4 firmware.

When I stop fans with my finger this annoying sound dissapear after couple of seconds.

Today i plug all fans to obsidian 650D rpm control system and the sound is gone but they are not even close to silent mode which is so frustrating bacause my thermalright archon with only one fan was quiter then this and temperatures was better.

So Ram Guy please tell me what should I do cos this situation is like I bought a car but the wheels aren't spinning correctly.

That's not why I bought a super-efficient cooling to now an explicit money and buy other fans, or not be able to use the functionality of the corsair link that this product should have.

Firmware 1.0.4 doesn't solved enything so please tell me when this be fixed.

Last post in this thread was posted month ago and till now is dead silence and it's not normal.
Customers have to wait so much time with broken coolling system till you fix it.

Last edited by AlucarDx; 01-27-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:43 AM
AlucarDx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 629599

Ok right now i can definitely say that the problem are fans.
I mounted two Enermax TB silence and i it's perfect silence.
Also 200mm corsair fan in obsidian 650D is crap.
It makes noise similar to stock fans of H100i so i unplug it.

I always thought that the products of corsair are excelent but right now i'm dissapointed.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 AM
jan54's PC Specs

POST ID # = 629605
jan54 Reputation: 10

I think you are not the only one who is disapointed, the cooler is very good, but the fans are horrible.
After a lot of test I found a quiet fan working with the Corsair Link and H100i, the Cougar Vortex PWM CF-V12HP.
They cost almost the half the price of the H100i, but no stress anymore...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o01_s00_i00

Old 01-27-2013, 04:51 PM
AlucarDx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 629642

I have no doubt that cougar is good fan but I'm not so young and I know that money don't grow on trees so if I bought something for 120$ and i have to spend another 40$ then i'm very angry.

What worries me is that static pressure of cougars is only 2.2 and corsair fans have 4.4 and H100 had 7.7 so it's at least twice lower.

I watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eHtZgdusTQ cos I wanted to know which one is better and now I'm stuck :/

But I still think, that Corsair should ship to us all new fans cos we all paid for something that works.

And I'm still thinking what to do with obsidian 650D because my old fractal design R2 was quiter and a lot better fit of elements like left side pannel which have 1mm slot.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM
jan54's PC Specs

POST ID # = 629645
jan54 Reputation: 10

For the record I'm 59 and they are cooling better at at a very low noise level then the originals.
About the money you are right, but I don't have the frustration anymore.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:24 PM
ChoPPerNZ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 629647
ChoPPerNZ Reputation: 10

I have the H100i with 1.0.5 firmware, been having the irritating pump noise issue since i bought it last Wednesday..anyway last night i attached the power connector to its own sata power cable without any other devices attached before it was sharing with a dvd writer and ssd and guess what the noise is all most gone! Its still there but not as bad

Old 02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Pihlen88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634143
Pihlen88 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pihlen88 View Post
I have the same "high pitch sound" as 'FiveInline' after firmware update!

But i think that it has something to do with voltage or frequency, then the fans are connected to the pump. Then the voltage / fan speed is lowered, the sound is starting. And WOW, what an irritating high frequency noise!

Currently i have the fans connected to my motherboard fan headers, which is controlled by asus FanXpert. And now the noise is gone, regardless of the speed, chosen randomly from 650 rpm to 2700 rpm.

Other then that, this is the best water cooling kit i have tested and seen yet.! :)

Sorry my English, it's not my native language!

P.S. I think the fan provided with the H100i is excellent :D
Well, in the last few weeks i has tried a lot of different things.

First i connected the pump to a separate sata power connector, (not that i thought it would a difference, since my PSU, a corsair AX850, only have a single 12v power rail inside). And it changed nothing... And i tried other things that didn't work as well.

One day when i was replacing a fan, i pushed my finger lightly on the H100i pump, and "wuupti" the noise almost disappeared.

Well then i thought that it could only be vibration noise. I checked the screws on the pump, tried to loosen them and tighten them, one by one. And it worked!
The noise is now gone! Of course i can still hear the pump running, especially when my fans are running at only 750 rpm, as the do most of the time.

But now i'm very satisfied and a happy owner of my H100i! (but of course it's not okay that they sell a product that can't be used for controlling the fans.)
:)

Last edited by Pihlen88; 02-15-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:26 AM
herman82's PC Specs

POST ID # = 647525
herman82 Reputation: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
Noted. We are currently looking into this. I'm working with engineering right now and see if they can shed some light regarding this issue.
Are you still looking in to this?

I have a brand new H100i (from RMA, other issue) that came with the 1.05 firmware that makes a loud "electrical" buzz noise. I tried to disconnect everything else in my case and the noise is definitely coming from the pump... (no fans connected to the H100i)

Would really appreciate if you could fix this in a firmware update! Would not like to do another RMA... feel free to ping me if you need help testing!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:54 AM

POST ID # = 656371
Daffy211 Reputation: 10

Same problem. When i connect both fans the pump makes noise. Disconnect one and it goes away.

Tried upgrading to 1.0.7 and Link 2.4.4948.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:39 PM
masterpulha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 659787
masterpulha Reputation: 10

Im having exactly the same issue, pump makes annoying noise as soon you connected the fans :( fans not connected to pump and it sounds exactly like i want it to sound.

.. im temped to buy a fan controller to solve this issue, i really bough this cause i want a silent computer

Old 06-17-2013, 01:50 AM
Braxos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 659814
Braxos Reputation: 10

Guys I had the same noise on 1 of the fans don't ask me how is it possible to have ONE noisy fan. I stoped I removed it from power and the system was again silent. I tried a nf-f12 on the same port of the cable adapter that comes from the pump 0 noise. After 4 or 5 times removing the power and plugging it back the noise was gone.
I didn't do anything else that could remove the noise. Try it it may help.

Have a nice day

Old 06-17-2013, 04:45 AM

POST ID # = 659833
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

If you have tried;
Updating the FW to the latest 1.07
The other fan port
different SATA power cable and fan splitter cable.

and the noise is still there, make sure the fans (stock) are PWM and not 3-pin. If the pump is still making noise with fans connected, request an RMA to replace your unit.

If the stock fans are 3-pin, request an RMA and ask for replacement PWM fans.