Corsair Community

H100i GTX - 2 different versions?.

Baconroll

Hi,

Just looking at doing a new build when I noticed there are 2 different versions of the H100i

The model numbers are:

CW-9060021-WW - this is the one you can find on the Corsair website.

and

CW-9060025-WW - this one is starting to show up on vendor websites (ncix.com, scan.co.uk). I can't find it on the Corsair Website.

I presume it's an updated version that's coming out, but I've not seen any real specs or anything.

Anyone know if there are major differences?

Thanks

That's a good question and someone glided right past the opportunity to explain the other day. Perhaps Corsair is not ready to make a public statement. Scan has another one or two listed as well. Since they are higher model numbers than the current series and the Scan website lists it as "version 2", it does suggest the Asetek models are getting some refinements. I would guess most of the changes relate to internal firmware behavior, rather than physical upgrades, but we'll have to wait and see. Either way, it is probably going to be a few months before the new versions actual make it to major markets.

• Corsair Employee
Those two versions are technically the same in terms of performance and build quality, no difference in FW either. The only difference is that the V2 units have had their CPU blocks slightly tweaked to ensure compatibility with some Skylake m-ITX boards that may have components really close to the socket.

no difference in FW either.

Thank you, are H80iV2 and H110iV2 also planned? What about the H110iGT (Device ID 0x41), does that also have an issue with some Skylake m-ITX boards? Will Corsair ever release the H100iGT (Device ID 0x40)?

Will the USB PIDs change and if so what are the new PIDs please?

Those two versions are technically the same in terms of performance and build quality, no difference in FW either. The only difference is that the V2 units have had their CPU blocks slightly tweaked to ensure compatibility with some Skylake m-ITX boards that may have components really close to the socket.

Do you know when V2 is releasing in the UK?

• Administrators
Thanks, but was waiting for the H100i V2. I've waited so long already I might just stay air cooled. Less hassle
Both of those sites he linked to also have the H100i V2 in stock:

https://www.alternate.co.uk/Corsair/Cooling-Hydro-Series-H100i-v2/html/product/1243048?event=search

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-hydro-series-h100i-v2-all-in-one-extreme-performance-cpu-cooler-with-240mm-radiator-2x120mm-

• Corsair Employee

I'm sure Amazon has that cooler in stock already, just not sure why they haven't put it up yet. They have one but it's listed sold by us.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019EXSSBG/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687542&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B009ZN2NH6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=03MW29HEQJRT2YX2QMZX

Edit: Looks like Amazon has them in stock already.

• 4 weeks later...
no difference in FW either

The H100iV2 firmware is 2.8.0.0 which is different to the H100iGTX firmware which is 2.3.0.0.

Obviously SIV can report the H100iV2, but I was not expecting there to be a difference. What are the differences please?

If you have a H80iV2 or H115i please post the firmware version. The H80iGT is 2.3.0.0 and the H110iGTX is 2.4.0.0 and I would also like to know how those versions differ.

Note the H100iV2 fans are connected to the motherboard which is why 0 RPM is reported.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24480&stc=1&d=1456571433

attachment.php?attachmentid=24481&stc=1&d=1456571992

1708272916_LinkStatusH100iV2.thumb.png.9c13b15e10fcaff38af17f0145066656.png

113371771_LinkStatusH100iGTX.thumb.png.db6f6f4c02aa166fa1a56de682378830.png

• 5 months later...

Is it true that with the newer v2 model, the hoses are harder to manipulate than the original model? If this is true, then I'm keeping the older model as I am doing a (very little room) Mini-ITX build in the 'Ncase M1' chassis.

Also, will the CPU block of the v1 model fit easily onto my i7-6700k on an Asus Z170I Pro Gaming motherboard? .... Or, is the V2 model better for that CPU block to fit onthat Asus MB?

Thanks.

-Brian in Rhode Island/USA

What Corsair said about the firmware being the same is incorrect.

The firmware has been improved in all the newer H115i + H100iV2 + H80iV2 so I advise you to get the V2.

It's still not as good as the CoolIT firmware though, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=796027

Thanks...

My other concern is that someone stated the V1's CPU block is a tough fit for some Asus MB's... (mine will be the Z170I Pro Gaming)

Archived