Corsair Community

Need replacement switch for K70RGB

Raishifox

While cleaning my K70 RGB, I managed to break one of the switches (contact is bent inside the switch, I think). Is there anywhere that a replacement switch, with LED, is available? I can't return the keyboard under warranty since I definitely broke it myself, and I really don't want to replace the entire thing for one bad switch, but I don't see Cherry reds with the LEDs for sale anywhere...

At that, how hard is it to replace a switch? I have a soldering iron, but I'm not exactly great with it. (I broke a switch trying to clean it, you'd trust me with tools like that?)

If you cannot do it yourself then just buy an MX switch which is close to the one you have now: If you have a MX RGB Red, buy a standard MX Red. If you have a MX RGB Brown, buy a standard MX Brown. Google them. These are fairly common. Take the keyboard and that switch to a repair shop and ask them to open both switches and just replace what's inside the old switch with what's inside the newly bought switch. They can just use the old transparent case and its LED. It works, because the mechanism is the same. They will do the soldering for you and you won't need any hard to come by switches.

Archived