Corsair Community

Weird image and name - Asus GPU

Blofeld2k

Asus RGB capable GPUs are now supported through iCUE integration. Not sure how it works in actual practice with the lighting zones or if there are model specific images yet.

Thanks but wasn't that pretty obvious?

Anyone else?

after updating to 3.31.81 my GPU is displayed with a "generic" image and name, anyone know why?

Because 3.31 is the first issue with Asus GPU integration, to which you responded that "was obvious". Have you noticed that's not your actual motherboard up there either? I think the obvious part is there aren't going to be 60-70 GPU images for every Asus GPU released in the last 5-6 years and certainly not on the first release.

If you navigate to the Program Files x86/Corsair/iCUE/Plugins/Asus folder you can peruse the offerings.

Because 3.31 is the first issue with Asus GPU integration, to which you responded that "was obvious". Have you noticed that's not your actual motherboard up there either? I think the obvious part is there aren't going to be 60-70 GPU images for every Asus GPU released in the last 5-6 years and certainly not on the first release.

If you navigate to the Program Files x86/Corsair/iCUE/Plugins/Asus folder you can peruse the offerings.

Whatever.

Anyone else knows anything about this?

so... your question is why in iCUE, the image of the GPU is not exactly the model of the GPU you have?....

If that is your question is because the image is a placeholder... as c-attack said, is just a representative image and i really doubt that corsair implement a some kind of internal detection for every GPU in existence that support RGB.

so... your question is why in iCUE, the image of the GPU is not exactly the model of the GPU you have?....

If that is your question is because the image is a placeholder... as c-attack said, is just a representative image and i really doubt that corsair implement a some kind of internal detection for every GPU in existence that support RGB.

Ok thanks. I was under the impression that it would be fancier but I guess I was mistaken.