Corsair Community

HS70 Pro keeps beeping

About every 60 seconds. I've wasted a lot of time trying to locate which application was causing the beeping, bond down several rabbit holes, but confused as to how I'm, the only person, who thinks the product is not behaving as expected.

Is my unit faulty? It did not do this in the first few days, not that I noticed, rather perplexing that there is no way a user can work out what is going on. The battery cannot be running flat, they are working perfectly fine, is there not a better way of helping users figure things out? The dongle is hidden from sight at the moment, the white light is terribly distracting. How am I supposed to know how much or long it's charged, is there an intuitive way to determine?

These are the most comfy headphones I have ever had, they work really well otherwise, but this one part of the experience is a real gap in the road. Pointers?

My bad, battery was running low. Once you install iCue, it instead gives a voiced warning, and I was able to tweak the idle-off interval setting to resolve.

iCue also lets you see the battery voltage, which made it obvious. So until I installed iCue and read the manual again, I was just being a twit/newbie.

Looooving these headphones, I'm not a music lover, they are a lockdown/home working gift to me that make such a different in zoom meetings.

• 6 months later...

I am having the same issue. My HS70 PRO's have a habit of beeping once a minute.

Charging the battery stops the issue for a while, but it always comes back eventually. This makes it seem like a low battery warning.

The problem is that the beeping starts when I have multiple hours of battery left. It feels like about a third of the total battery life is spent beeping.

My choice is to either stop using the headphones to charge them up, which means that the battery life is effectively hours lower than it should be, or to put up with hours of beeping when I'm using these headphones.

Please let me know what I can do about this. Thank you.

• Corsair Employee
I am having the same issue. My HS70 PRO's have a habit of beeping once a minute.

Charging the battery stops the issue for a while, but it always comes back eventually. This makes it seem like a low battery warning.

The problem is that the beeping starts when I have multiple hours of battery left. It feels like about a third of the total battery life is spent beeping.

My choice is to either stop using the headphones to charge them up, which means that the battery life is effectively hours lower than it should be, or to put up with hours of beeping when I'm using these headphones.

Please let me know what I can do about this. Thank you.

Hi onetruedave,

Would you mind trying to reset the headset? To soft reset your headset:

1. Make sure your HS70 headset is powered off.
  2. Hold down the Mute button on the headset for about 15 to 20 seconds.
  3. Hold down the Power button until the headset turns on.
  4. Test your headset and see if the issue is resolved.

• 5 months later...

Oh

Just realised after creating a second new thread, that this is still happening on one computer, but not on the other computer. Any clues?

• 1 year later...

Hi, Sorry for the late response. But I have found the fix. Im pretty sure the sound is coming from the auto shut down feature in the ICue software. It will make the beep sounds when there has been no audio for an extended period of time. Try disabling the feature in device settings. Hope this helps :)