Corsair Community

MSI x570 gaming carbon pro wifi mobo w/ corsair plug

Ignitros

I am looking to purchase a new mobo and the MSI X570 gaming carbon pro is on my list. It has a corsair plug on it but what does this corsair mobo plug actually do and how would I integrate the system. I thought since I'm doing an all Corsair build with full Hydro X GPU and CPU cooling, 2 280mm Rad's top and bottom inside a Crystal 680X case. The case comes with 3 LL120 fans in front (which I'll leave there) and a lighting node pro. I'll put 2 LL140's with each Rad and the final LL140 on the back of the case.

What else will I need?

Parts:

Crystal 680X case

Hydro X Series XD5 RGB Pump/Reservoir Combo

Hydro X Series XC7 RGB CPU Water Block (115X/AM4)

Hydro X Series XG7 RGB 20-SERIES GPU Water Block (2080 FE)

(2) Hydro X Series XR5 280mm Water Cooling Radiator

(5) LL140 RGB 140mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan

iCUE Commander PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller

The JCORSAIR header will control Corsair Strips or fans - like a Lighting Channel on an Lighting Node Pro - except through Mystic Light. And while Mystic Light is better than most of the other motherboard RGB software out there, it still doesn't compare to iCUE. And that JCORSAIR header isn't controllable via iCUE.
  • Confused 1

The JCORSAIR header will control Corsair Strips or fans - like a Lighting Channel on an Lighting Node Pro - except through Mystic Light. And while Mystic Light is better than most of the other motherboard RGB software out there, it still doesn't compare to iCUE. And that JCORSAIR header isn't controllable via iCUE.

Thank you for the info about the corsair connector. If I understand you correctly if I purchase this mobo I will not be able to sync the RGB lighting on the mobo with my iCue program that I select for the rest of the system?