Corsair Community

Corsair H110i GT not cooling as expected

xema25

Hi!

I have a Corsair H110i GT Water cooler for my 9700K. my 9700K is new but I have this water cooler since 2016 (I was using it with my previos Intel 4820K.

The thing is that for my previous PC I wasn't OC and I bought 2 Corsair Quiet 140mm to reduce the noise and my Temps where ok.

Now with my 9700K that I have at 4.9Ghz with 1.300 Vcore I get quite high temps and I bought 2 Corsair MF140mm Pro

The thing is that I see that I see not much difference between setting my Fans to Full usage than half usage. More or less same CPU temps. Could my water cooler be dead or starting to die?

I have:

42-46ºC on Idle (MIN-MAX fans)

69-75ºC playing BFV (MIN-MAX fans)

95ºC doing stress test like Intel Burning Test (MAX FANS)

Are thos normal temps taking into account my VCore?

Could It be that I put too much thermal paste? (I put like 4 little peas making it look like the 4 face of a dice).

Thank you guys so much! :)

Need to look at your H110iGT Temp (coolant temperature). The 40s idle is high, but bios and Windows settings can impact cpu behavior. Coolant temp will generally rest +4-7C above the room temp and increase a further 6-10C when under extended load. Watch for abnormally high coolant at idle or continually escalating coolant temps. Also a failure to cool down after load can be problematic.