The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2019, 06:45 PM

POST ID # = 1014486
Emerosk Reputation: 10
Default What is this product?

This will be probably the last thread ill write in this forum or to Corsair in my life.

I bought a Corsair K70 RGB keyboard red cherry almost 3 years ago.
A friend of mine traveled to USA and i ask him to bring it to me. (im from Argentina)

All was working fine till the 3rd or 4th week.
The keyboard just started ghost-typing on some keys like crazy, to the point its was imposible to write properly.
Then another one: The board started reconecting whenever it pleased.
Finally the cherry on top: The CUE software. Unresponsive, sometimes just stopped working and it made the previous problems worse.

I contacted Corsair, hopping for a fix,
the answer was "send us back". This is not posibble for me. Not only my country has serious problems with mail and customs, but also paying to send this heavy keyboard would turn out to be more expensive than buying a new one.

So i asked several technicians, some dont know whats worng with it and others told me its probably something related to the firmware.
I googled it, LOTS of other people with the same problems, no fixes.
I tried it all:
- updates
- reinstalling
- cleaning
- changing usb ports
- possible software issues

I asked Corsair again, got the same answer.

I came here with my last hope and ask:
IS THERE A SOLUTION FOR MY SITUATION? or ill have to deal with the fact that i bought the most expensive paperweight of my life?

Old 08-13-2019, 06:55 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Wootaru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014582
Corsair Wootaru Reputation: 17

Hello,

You've had a keyboard for 3 years? Our warranty on keyboards are only 2 years. Do you know who you've contacted in regards to this and asking you to send us the keyboard? If you would like to not call out the agent who helped you on here you can send be a PM.

I am not sure why the agent would recommend you send in your item when it isn't in warranty, but if they did I would like to read what they wrote if there was an exception regarding this.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:15 AM

POST ID # = 1014719

I dont know who he/she was, lot of time went by while waiting for a firmware or software solution
It most probably was on warranty when first told me, but the problem when asking that is
Quote:
Not only my country has serious problems with mail and customs, but also paying to send this heavy keyboard would turn out to be more expensive than buying a new one.
I still hope this has something to do with the mediocre firmware and software, so i can finally get it to work properly, cause i dont think Corsair would take any responsability for all shipping costs involved (now or 2+ years ago)

Before you ask, no, it has nothing to do with my PC, as other brands (mouse and keyboards) work perfectly fine.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:08 PM
Stud_Beefpiler's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014743
Stud_Beefpiler Reputation: 10

My Strafe keyboard lost its mind a few months ago. It started spamming buttons that weren't being pressed (even sent a few things to the recycle bin for me).
Disconnected it and reconnected it and the system stopped detecting it at all. It wouldn't even light up.

I was able to fix it by going through the steps to do a hard reset, minus the part about replacing the file when it shows up as a storage device, since the support team didn't seemingly want to just send it out right away for some reason.

Once I plugged it back in after the pseudo hard reset, the system detected it and I was able to quickly force a firmware update on it with CUE. So far, so good...

Old 08-15-2019, 08:16 PM

POST ID # = 1014786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_Beefpiler View Post
My Strafe keyboard lost its mind a few months ago. It started spamming buttons that weren't being pressed (even sent a few things to the recycle bin for me).
Disconnected it and reconnected it and the system stopped detecting it at all. It wouldn't even light up.

I was able to fix it by going through the steps to do a hard reset, minus the part about replacing the file when it shows up as a storage device, since the support team didn't seemingly want to just send it out right away for some reason.

Once I plugged it back in after the pseudo hard reset, the system detected it and I was able to quickly force a firmware update on it with CUE. So far, so good...
I tried doing the Hard reset (the thing with the little hole behind)
If i conect 1 USB the pc doesnt recognize it at all, if i connect the 2 of them, it just connects normally (and yes, im presing the little button inside with a clip while i connect them)...........so basically i cant do it...or i dont know what im doing wrong.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:35 PM

POST ID # = 1015348

1 week........
No more Responses.

Tags
k70 rgb