Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2019, 10:02 AM
hiiivelocity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014617
hiiivelocity Reputation: 10
Default Corsair iCUE Only Plays Top Lighting Effect After Reboot

Hi there,

I'm running 7 Corsair LL120 fans, 1 Corsair LL140, and 4 Corsair RGB strips.

The 4 strips are plugged into a Lighting Node Pro.

5 LL120's and the one LL140 are plugged into the Commander Pro.

The last 2 LL120's are plugged into my motherboard (CPU cooler fans)

All 8 fans are plugged into 2 Corsair RGB LED headers, which are plugged into the 2 lighting channels on the Commander Pro.

I have set up multiple custom lighting profiles, and have them all layered from top to bottom. It works perfectly on all fans and RGB strips, until i reset my computer.

The layering stops and only the top lighting profile will display. The only way I've been able to get it to layer again is to delete all of the custom lighting profiles I have made, then re-copy them all from my library, which is a huge pain to do as I shut down my computer every night.

Is there another solution to this? To have all of my custom lighting profiles to display in the order I have them in upon reboot?
Old 08-14-2019, 10:46 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014621
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 104

Can you post a screen shot of iCUE and the lighting channel tab expanded so we can see the effects? This doesn't make a lot of sense and I don't recall anyone mentioning this issue before.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:56 PM
hiiivelocity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014647
hiiivelocity Reputation: 10

Heres a screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: png corsair icue.png (721.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-14-2019, 02:40 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014651
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 104

OK, you have layered the same effect on top of itself multiple times. The top effect covers all LEDs and is the dominant pattern (top down hierarchy). This is really no different than layering a bunch of solid colors and and then you will only see the top effect.

What you most likely are experiencing is the color waves become unsynchronized during your normal use, either because you toggle one on/off, change the speed, or just through natural mathematical error. When you reboot, restart the program, or even switch profiles, you re-sync the clock and all the effects line up again. I am not exactly sure what visual aesthetic you are trying to create, but my suggestion would be to layer the color wave on top of a static color to show the "peek-through" color underneath. You can make that more complex by using color shifts, color pulse, rainbow, or gradients to change the underlying lighting layer. If you are trying to for 2-3 stacked color waves, try setting each one for a different speed. That is not going to be exactly the same and remember the highest effect on the list is the dominant one.