Corsair Community

Air cooler vs Liquid coolers

Rishav

I want to buy a CPU cooler for my overclocked i5 8600k CPU and want to know if Air cooler will be best option or AIO liquid coolers.

Which one will give the best cooling performance?

And which model is best?

Thank you

I want to buy a CPU cooler for my overclocked i5 8600k CPU and want to know if Air cooler will be best option or AIO liquid coolers.

Which one will give the best cooling performance?

And which model is best?

Thank you

Either will do the job, but I think that it is true to say that you can build a quieter PC with AIO cooling.

All of my previous builds were air cooled, but I fancied a change this time and went with a H115 Pro in a Fractal Design Define R6 case.

Decide before buying a case, then chose that case very carefully! Note that an AIO will require additional assistance from case fans to keep the non-Cpu components cool.

Thanks for your reply. But I have good enough chassis to cool the Non cpu component.

Could you please suggest good 280MM Liquid cooler in any Brand which works best for my I58600 K Overclock CPU?

I will appreciate the same.

Thanks for your reply. But I have good enough chassis to cool the Non cpu component.

Could you please suggest good 280MM Liquid cooler in any Brand which works best for my I58600 K Overclock CPU?

I will appreciate the same.

Thought I already had... the H115i Pro, front mounted (note, not the Platinum or RGB, Asetek NOT CoolIt). This easily cools my i9-9900K @5.1GHz.

Edited by Yemble