Corsair Community

RGB Ram remaining lit when computer is asleep

KingJerbear

Just going to put this out there, sleep mode powers most everything down but it maintains power to the RAM....so if the lighting effect is saved to the RAM like normal, well I'll let you figure it out :P

Now if its doing that in Hibernate that would be a different thing.

Full Software control switched off = how the RAM lights up when iCUE is not running (when sleeping/locked etc

Full Software control switched = how the RAM lights up when iCUE is running (when unlocked and in use)

so

switch it off and delete/disable any effects you have applied to the ram. this will result in ram being off when locked/sleeping.

the go switch it back on and apply an effect, you should be good to go now

for the record.... CPU usage will increase a little when Full Software Control is enabled. this is normal and to be expected ;)

A while back I noticed something in bios, I had an option for lighting effects. I use Asus Prime Mobo and it gave me one of the options to have lighting on while pc in sleep mode/off or Off. Maybe you can look into that too?

A while back I noticed something in bios, I had an option for lighting effects. I use Asus Prime Mobo and it gave me one of the options to have lighting on while pc in sleep mode/off or Off. Maybe you can look into that too?

That deals with the lighting that's on the board. His issue isn't really an issue so much as its just how things work when in sleep mode. If they don't want the RAM lit up then they need to remove the lighting effect on it before putting to sleep.

Pic of this system in sleep mode but with a profile saved to the RAM.

503586325_20190606_2018351.thumb.jpg.e04b99e0e4acecb33fb4bd604bedbc2a.jpg

Just a slight update, as I mentioned I thought I was able to fix it by removing all the effects from the non-software mode, however, it now still occasionally (seemingly random) lights up when in sleep mode. Kind of disappointing because I use sleep mode quite often.

Just a slight update, as I mentioned I thought I was able to fix it by removing all the effects from the non-software mode, however, it now still occasionally (seemingly random) lights up when in sleep mode. Kind of disappointing because I use sleep mode quite often.

Try adding an effect but set it as black?