Corsair Community

Instant Lighting Tab Missing v3.5.111

thaneofjudgemen

Just updated to new version and my instant lighting tab is missing. I searched around and found similar issues but none pointing specifically to instant lighting. My instant light color is still applied currently and I can not change or turn it off now so I am stuck on white.:bigeyes:

I've tried a restart and ending the task and opening it again. Let me know what information can assist! I tried attaching the log file but kept getting an error about security tokens.

Wow. That's odd. I've not seen that one before or heard about it happening.

BUT ... there is a way out.

Quit iCue.

Go to %AppData%\Corsair\CUE (by default C:\Users\[user Name]\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE).

Find the file "config.cuecfg" and open in a text editor. I like Notepad++ but good ol' notepad will do.

Look for the following:

<map name="Lightings">
	<map name="Instant">
		<value name="Color">#ffffff</value>
		<value name="Enabled">[b]true[/b]</value>
	</map>
</map>

See that "true" value in bold? Change that to false.

Restart iCue.

Look for the following:

<map name="Lightings">
	<map name="Instant">
		<value name="Color">#ffffff</value>
		<value name="Enabled">[b]true[/b]</value>
	</map>
</map>

See that "true" value in bold? Change that to false.

Restart iCue.

I agree, very strange! I was able to get the instant light setting to come off by force applying a new lighting profile. It had a button in that menu to turn off the instant lighting.

However, the problem missing menu bar button still remains. I went to that spot in my file and the value was already set to false. I switched it to true and back to false and nothing changed :(

That's really odd ... I've not seen or heard of this. So ... congratulations?? :confused:

I'm assuming that you have lighting channels set up on the Commander Pro (CoPro)?

The only thing that I can possibly suggest is a full reinstall of iCue. Also, I've reported this to the Corsair iCue team.

This has happened to me on past versions as well - randomly. Restarting iCue has solved it.

I have also lost the 'performance' 'graphing' and 'notifications' menu's from time to time. Again, shutting iCue down and restarting it has brought them back.

I to saw this the other day, when I was using my LNP attached to a laptop, though I saw some squirrels run buy and forgot to mention it.

I know when I plug my K70, "instant lighting" appears, though you can also get it to show up w/o a keyboard, if you enable the demo devices in settings. i.e. un-check "Show only connected devices". I was able to easily replicate this issue on my desktop.

Just got confirmation from Corsair that this is a known bug; they noticed it a couple of days ago. It apparently happens randomly. It is being looked into.

Thanks for the heads up DevBiker! Really appreciate it :biggrin:

I am about to do a clean windows install on a new drive anyway so I will be able to see if that fixes it. Unfortunately, closing and restarting the app does not bring a solution for me.

Solarity came up with a couple of workarounds:

I have two work arounds for the Instant lighting bug

1) I plug my K70, so tell them to buy a K70

2) Enable Demo Mode/uncheck "Show only connected devices"

Instant lighting might disappear for other devices, though I can only confirm it disappears with CoPro and/or LNP exclusive systems as it comes back when my K70 is plugged in. Also I can not verify w/o any other devices as most of the Corsair products I purchased connect via CoPro and LNP

I think option 2 might be a workable solution for you. Can you give that a shot and let us know if it works? It'd be good to have additional verification.

Archived