Corsair Community

LED Flickering & Wrong LED color

Jasz

Hello Guys After the new recent update of iCUE and fiirmware update of my K95P i recent i got this issue when suddenly i noticed that there was a flickering in the LEDs of some keys like ALT, Spacebar etc, so i tried resting the software setting, reinstalled software iCUE also did a soft reset by pressing the ESC key but nothing solved the issue. I do have the video evidance with me where i can clearly see the LEDs are flickering and showing wrong color information with specific colors. The keys are working fine only the led is showing wrong color and flickers most of time, also keyboard is few months old i thought it might be a software issue so i havent contacted the shop i bought from. Also keyboard is not like heavily used.

I am attaching a video proof showing the error please let me know if any fix is there

FormatFactoryVID_20190312_133047.zip

vlcsnap-2019-03-13-20h46m59s632.png.a8bf0fd406a6abe1c74922d9ad03771e.png

vlcsnap-2019-03-13-20h47m07s322.png.ad323e99252a1b967d490d39ce14bff4.png

vlcsnap-2019-03-13-20h47m19s001.png.6252debdcfd1c7059eadc959b994ac5e.png

Edited by Jasz

• 2 months later...
  • Corsair Employee

Please try performing a clean reinstall: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77/kw/clean

If that doesn't work, create a ticket with our support team and we can try sending you the firmware. It is possible the firmware just did not install correctly. We can also try rolling back as well.

• 6 months later...
Please try performing a clean reinstall: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77/kw/clean

If that doesn't work, create a ticket with our support team and we can try sending you the firmware. It is possible the firmware just did not install correctly. We can also try rolling back as well.

I had 3 different k95, updated and rolled back every time. Never solved the problem. Changed my whole pc and it stills flicker.

Your keyboards are just terrible.

I have the same problem:

I got the same problem today after 4 years of use. Today i cleaned my keyboard using a new method i saw in a youtube video ([ame]

[/ame])

The keyboard worked fine after the cleaning procces, right after i installed the corsair software so i could change colors on my key board to red (pulsing) and it worked.

Later on though after binding keys and more, i saw that some key shined orange, yellow

instead of red.

I checked the corsair software and it said that the keyboard had red light on everybutton.

I did try using other colors and profiles, nothing can fix it.

cunclusion is that I fricked up the keyboard after cleaning it.The effect just took a long time to acure. It is also possible that under the time I fixed bindings i some how messed up the data my keyboard recives from the software (I think its unlikley). I beleive that its something wrong with the RED led due to my keyboard can almost show every other color fine except colors that include the color red.

I spoted the color problem around 2 hours after i finished the bindings and coloring on the keyboard.

Edited by HeRmiiSs
Added detials

• 9 months later...
I just registered to post the same issue with my K70 Lux. as of yesterday, the following keys no longer use the green light on the RGB spectrum. I performed a soft reboot and a clean install of ICUE, no joy.

I have the same issue with my K70 LUX. For 4 years it was working perfectly and suddenly yesterday this happened. The keys are similar to yours but mine also flicker or have wrong color from F1 to F8.

I just joined the forum to also say I have that issue as well the following keys are affected, e, r, t, y, i, ', =, `, 1, backspace, shift, ctrl, delete, end, and page down. Theyre shhowing up as pinkish/purple and red while flickering despite everything in ICue being white. Ive soft rest (Unplug hold ESC), got rid of ICue reinstalled, and also hit the small button on the keyboard through the pin hole by the foot. Nothing has changed, My H100i and Scimitar are running fine as for the K96 RGB Platinum, nope. Addition, flashing rate of the LEDs depend on brightness HELP! thanks....

P.S. the keyboard has been babied and used gently the whole time, no bashing/smashing on it, no spills noting just kept in good clean shape.

Edit: The keys affected have now changed...... gotta be software

Edited by Edward Myers

Which version of iCUE are you currently running on your systems? Do the LED's flicker when iCUE is closed and exited out of?
Using 3.33.246

When you turn ICUE off, the effect lingers for a little while, then starts to correct itself after a few flashes. As soon as you turn on ICUE again, it changes my coloration immediately on the same keys.

Edit: After some testing, it definitely appears to be the ICUE software. It immediately corrects after shutting it off (i saved a green profile on my k70, and it works fine when icue is off).

Which version of iCUE are you currently running on your systems? Do the LED's flicker when iCUE is closed and exited out of?

turning off icue, everything goes back to normal

edit: spoke too soon, its starting to flicker again after about 10 minutes.

double edit: discoloration is back in the same keys with icue off

PXL_20200929_182856440.thumb.jpg.4691161b8cb4009b6b5e73da26259f4e.jpg

Edited by miagisan

this morning i woke my computer from sleep, and its been 3 hours with no flickering or color abnormalities. Not sure what's going on now. Everything seems to be working great. I didn't update ICUE or firmware, and I don't think windows had an update overnight. Will keep an eye on it.

• 5 weeks later...
i have this issue too! 8 buttons are flickering in red when i select other colours than red! tried many options like a reset and such but nothing helps.:sigh!:

Same for me, the red LED continue to flicker on 8 keys if I set a different colour. Corsair Support has provided me the firmware file, but nothing is changed with the hard reset =|