Corsair Community

Corsair void usb compatibility with ps4?

Divide-By-Zero

Hello!

I was thinking about buying Corsair Void USB RGB 7.1 (not the wireless one) and i was wondering if its compatible with PS4. I've read in a few comments on the internet that it isn't compatible with the console but i've also seen some posts about the wireless version being compatible with PS4 and i'm not sure if the wired USB version is the same?

Thanks, i wasn't sure if it was officially supported.

Btw about the stereo version, do you think there would be any noticeable difference compared to the USB one? I don't know much about audio but i'm under the impression that analogue is better than digital when it comes to sound (correct me if i'm wrong), but would that apply to these headsets? I wouldn't really mind not having the LEDs that the USB version has but if the sound quality is also different then i'd be sceptical about the stereo version.

I'm no audiophile myself, but i think the VOID Stereo headsets use the same speaker drivers as the USB headsets. So if you connect the headset to a decent soundcard, you may get better results with adjustments to the soundcard settings than the USB headsets.

It may help if you can find a retailer which has the headsets out on demo so you could try them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to post here for anyone that is interested that the headset is after all compatible with PS4. I'm talking about the WIRED USB version.

I tried it on my console and it works like a charm, although not with the features that require drivers (like 7.1) and Corsair CUE. The LEDs work but you cant customize the color etc.

• 1 year later...
Hey guys, was having issues getting my Void USB to work with my ps4, the audio would play through the headset just fine but the mic would stop picking me up and soon as the startup tone played. I managed to get it working by plugging it in to my pc, going in to the corsair utility engine, and turning OFF the "sidetone". You could also just plug it into a pc and hold the mute/unmute button down until the mic light flashes a few times then turns off.

• 1 year later...
it does have non - official compatibility with the ps4, you can just plug the USB in the ps4 and it wil work almost instantly, my parents just bought me those headphones YESTERDAY, and i tried to plug the USB in the ps4, it worked just fine