Corsair Community

800D with h100i AIO

Grss429

I have a stock 800D, my thermal intake aio finally crapped out.. i want to upgrade cooling/fans

The cooler i think is best is the h100 v2

Can someone post a diagram of fan location and some good fans? There is a few on google images not sure what's best..

Specs, intel 3770k 4.2 ghz

Gtx 670

• Corsair Employee

I don't have any fan diagrams on hand but off the top of my head you can do 3x120mm fans or 2x140mm up top. You can do 1x120mm in the back of the case.

As for the fans, I'd suggest using the ML fans for performance but if you are going for an aesthetic approach then the LL fans.

I don't have any fan diagrams on hand but off the top of my head you can do 3x120mm fans or 2x140mm up top. You can do 1x120mm in the back of the case.

As for the fans, I'd suggest using the ML fans for performance but if you are going for an aesthetic approach then the LL fans.

here are complete specs.

I picked a AIO cause i never had luck with any air coolers maybe that can change..

here is my complete specs

Computer Specifications

Case:

800d

Motherboard:

ASRock Z77 Extreme4

CPU:

3770k intel quad core OC'D 4.2 g

Memory:

G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240

Hard Drive:

samsung 840 ssd

Video Card:

670 overclocked

here is a little diagram i found not sure if it's the best or not

http://i65.tinypic.com/t96qgg.png

Post got deleted out of water cooling section?

Possibly for posting essentially the same question twice. So what are you really trying to decide? Where to mount the H100i v2? Have you already bought it?

I don't see any other realistic mounting location, other than top mount. My normal preference would be for the fan to be underneath the radiator exhausting CPU waste heat out the top. However, it's not really clear how many drives or other things you have up front that might limit the amount of air coming into the case. You generally aim toward a balance of intake vs exhaust capability. If it is just the 2 AF120s (1 front, 1 bottom) with drives in the front, then it might be worth trying the top as intake.

Possibly for posting essentially the same question twice. So what are you really trying to decide? Where to mount the H100i v2? Have you already bought it?

I don't see any other realistic mounting location, other than top mount. My normal preference would be for the fan to be underneath the radiator exhausting CPU waste heat out the top. However, it's not really clear how many drives or other things you have up front that might limit the amount of air coming into the case. You generally aim toward a balance of intake vs exhaust capability. If it is just the 2 AF120s (1 front, 1 bottom) with drives in the front, then it might be worth trying the top as intake.

I think i found a AIO i like better.. looking at case spec's and how many fans i can fit.. this is what i came up with

All i have upfront is a small SSD. and a dvd RW

http://i68.tinypic.com/2mg9tvs.jpg

Regardless of what you choose for cooling, turning the rear fan as intake is likely to cause an increase in total case temperature. Even in traditional blower style trim, the top plate on your triple GPU stack is going to be 60C+. Not all the heat goes out the back and much will radiate away from the cards. What does go out the back would likely then be brought back into the case via the rear "intake" fan position. You want that as exhaust. You can experiment as to whether the top radiator fans will work better as intake or exhaust once you have them. There isn't a clear and obvious answer for that case.

Archived