Corsair Community

Crystal 680x : Remove Hard Drive Tray

Primepinoy

Just got the Crystal 680x (white). I was trying to remove the HDD bay box since I don't plan to use it at all. I took off I think 4 or 5 screws out from the outside, which I thought were attached to it. And I removed one other screw from the back inside compartment right next to the HDD slots. But I can't get it off the thing.

I tried looking into the manual... but the manual doesn't really show much other than pointing out that this is the HDD bay.

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

Sounds like you removed the right screws. There's 5 or 6 directly on the back on the outside of the case and one on the inside of the case. I found that the best way to get it out was to push it from the motherboard side. Ideally, you should pull left and up (when facing the back of the case).

• 8 months later...
Hello,

Sounds like you removed the right screws. There's 5 or 6 directly on the back on the outside of the case and one on the inside of the case. I found that the best way to get it out was to push it from the motherboard side. Ideally, you should pull left and up (when facing the back of the case).

Thank you very much, had the same problem with the cage, but standing behind the case and pulling it to the upper left corner detached it super easy.