Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.2.1.42 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.2.1.42.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

• Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.2.1.42, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  • What version of Windows you're using.
  • Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  • Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  • Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

03/07/2016 - Corsair Link Software Update Version 4.2.1.42

Changelog:

• Detection of AX1500i when it's connected directly to USB port
  • Put window to any screen on multi-screen systems
  • Re-applying settings when computer wakes up from Hibernate or after Fast Startup
  • Resolve issue with some systems that show only part of onboard sensors

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hoped this release would be a lot better than 4.2.0.162, but I guess 3 fixes is better than none.

As there is no list of outstanding issues have all the issues I reported been fixed? If so why are they not listed in the Changelog.

It seems that CL 4.2.1.42 still deletes my profile and so I needed to recreate it. To me this is totally unacceptable and needs to be fixed along with 49 of the 52 issues I reported. Given 3 of 52 seem to be fixed I guess they all will be addressed after another 18 releases of CL4.

1. There don't seem to be any detailed release notes. What is their URL please?
  2. Not supporting the old Commander is a strange decision given it takes SIV < 40 lines of C to support it.
  3. When started it CL4 takes 20 -> 30 seconds before all the hardware is reported on the home screen. This is far longer than it should be. SIV took 1.67 seconds so why does CL4 take over 10 times as long? CL4 log attached.
  4. When I first ran CL4 it set default values in my hardware rather than reading the current settings as CL3 does. This is a PITA as it meant I needed to set them all manually. Is this a Bug or a Feature please?
  5. The Windows + CL4 version information should be displayed. I feel either on the menu line right or bottom right of the screen would be good. I feel Windows 7 x64 Build 7601 + CL 4.2.1.42 would be good. The build is needed for W10 as TH1, TH2 and RS1 are very different. Quite often members post CL4 screen shots and I have to almost guess which system they are from.
  6. When I switch from [Home] to [Configure] it takes about 15 seconds when I have all my CL hardware connected. This is far longer than is acceptable.
  7. I suspect using TCP as the transport between the service and GUI could be a factor in this and feel this was rather a poor design decision. I suspect there others.
  8. Fixed and fix documented (Put window to any screen on multi-screen systems).
  9. The service.log log file seems to be always created and I can't find out how to disable this. It could also end up being rather large, mine was 84MB when I deleted it and I suspect those who run CL4 24/7 may end up with several GB.
  10. If I close down and restart CL4 the initial screen size is changed to the small default size when I expected it to be as I had set it which was the case with CL3. It also is on my default screen rather than where I last positioned it.
  11. When I close down CL the cpuz139 service is not stopped and deleted. This is a regression from CL3. Given I have reported this before how come it was not picked up in regression testing (it is considered good coding practice, when a bug is located and fixed, to record a test that exposes the bug and re-run that test regularly after subsequent changes to the program)?
  12. hydros7289.inf should be fixed such that H80iGT + H100iGTX + H110iGTX as reported as such by Device Manager to bring them into line with the HydroSeries H115i, etc.. as this would avoid confusion such as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=837390.
  13. hydros7289.inf should be changed for the H80iGT + H100iGTX to match the USB REV so it does not get used for the old Link Commander. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=834615.
  14. hydros7289.inf should be updated to support the Corsair Link™ USB Dongles so only one driver is needed. Both siusbxp.inf and hydros7289.inf specify the same SIUSBXP service, so having both is silly.
  15. CL4 Causes High DPC Latencies, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24076&stc=1&d=1453907616.
  16. On [Home] all the same type of devices have the same name, but on [Configure] they have #1, #2, ... numbers. I feel there should be numbers on [Home] so it's clear which is which.
  17. On the Devices panel all 4 x CLCC have exactly the same description, so it's tricky to know which is which. Same for the 2 x RM PSUs + 3 x Lighting Nodes and I suspect every other device type.
  18. The two Corsair RM-Series C-Link Adapter should be RM 1 and RM 2.
  19. The Temp, Fans and LEDs headings on the CLCC + Cooling Node should be removed and there should just be a heading of CM 1, CM 2, ... CN 1. This will make them the same as the H100i so all the items are consistent.
  20. The three Lighting Nodes should be LN 1, LN 2 and LN 3.
  21. CL4 reports both my AX1500i + AX760i at the same time, though I can't seem to get detailed information for both at the same time. The Power and Efficiency should be on the Home screen, better still I should be able to select what is on the Home screen.
  22. CL4 should use Temp rather than Temperature as is the case everywhere else.
  23. Fixed and fix documented (Detection of AX1500i when it's connected directly to USB port).
  24. CL4 incorrectly reports my BLT4G3D1869DT2TXRG PC3-14900 DIMMs as PC3-10700.
  25. Having the Crucial Technology heading eight times is pointless. It should only be there once or when it changes as is the case on my Dell 490. On my HP DL580 G5 it has 4 x Micron Technology PC2-5300 headings and fails to mention Samsung and Hyundai at all. Having thought about this I feel CL4 should just have a heading of PCn-nnnn and default names of Temp 1 to Temp nnn as if a user wishes to get maker information they would do better to use a program designed to provide this. The cute option would be to have a Tool Tip similar to the one I have in SIV.
  26. CL4 is missing the Dell 490 section and the motherboard temperatures + fans + VCPU information.
  27. Why is CL4 reporting the WDC WD1600JS-00NCB1 temperature twice? I feel this is either poor ergonomics or a bug.
  28. CL4 is reporting Motherboard when it should be HP DL580 G5 and all the SMSC SCH4307 sensor information is missing.
  29. The per X7460 % CPU used totals are incorrect by at lest an order of magnitude. From Task Manager it's obvious that it can't be 30% let alone 68%. I also noted that the % only changes for the first Xeon. Note the system has 3 CPU Groups with 8 CPUs in each Group.
  30. The Xeon X7460 core temperatures are correct for the first 8 cores and the remaining 16 are all reported as 36.0°C which is clearly incorrect.
  31. Fixed and but fix not documented (Silly Ordering).
  32. The package temperature for my Xeon E5-2696 v2 (Ivy Bridge-EP) is incorrect , see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=839321.
  33. None of my CSMI RAID or USB attached disks are reported. The CMSI protocol is well defined and for CL4 to fail to support it is rather poor.
  34. Only 4 of my 6 motherboard fans are reported. I have been waiting 16 months for this to be fixed.
  35. My H80 is reported as a Cooling Node, same for the H100.
  36. The Devices panel can't be resized and I suspect there are many others. Any panel with a scroll bar should be resizable.
  37. I can't seem to set a PWM % of < 40 %. How do I enable "advanced" mode so I can do this?
  38. I can't find how to configure a Custom Curve to use multiple temperatures. Is this possible?
  39. I can't find how to setup a Custom Curve for my AX1500i or AX760i PSU Fans. Is this possible?
  40. I can't find how to setup a Custom Curve for my H80iGT Pump. Is this possible?
  41. I can't find how to select the temperature source for my H80iGT Fan. Is it still limited to just the H80iGT Cooler Temperature?
  42. I can't find out how to update CoolIT firmware. Is this possible?
  43. I can't find any CLCC or any other firmware, was expecting (wishfully hoping for) a new version that fixed the long standing bugs and added support for 0 % PWM to stop the fan.
  44. My RM PSUs are not available on [Configure]
  45. My Motherboard Fans are not available on [Configure]
  46. My GTX 980 Fans are not available on [Configure]
  47. The Total % is not available on [Configure]
  48. Only my AX1500i + AX760i PSU Temp and fan speed are available on [Configure]. All the PSU information should be, epically so for the Power and Efficiency.
  49. On [Configure] I should be able to dock items and then move them all as a group as having to move each item of a CLCC one at a time is a PITA.
  50. Setting up push-pull cooler fans to use the same Custom Curve is at best tricky. There should be a facility to group fans together then use the same CC and also to clone an existing CC to a different fan/pump.
  51. When I exit CL4 it sometimes fails to release a semaphore. This is caused by both poor code and design as it should use a Mutex rather than a Semaphore because a Mutex would be implicitly released on thread exit by the Windows thread cleanup.
  52. Worst of all CL4 does not correctly implement Global\Access_CorsairLink named mutex support :mad:

attachment.php?attachmentid=24100&stc=1&d=1453995915

attachment.php?attachmentid=24102&stc=1&d=1453995981

attachment.php?attachmentid=24096&stc=1&d=1453976421

attachment.php?attachmentid=24130&stc=1&d=1454063203

attachment.php?attachmentid=24138&stc=1&d=1454142260

attachment.php?attachmentid=24073&stc=1&d=1453890228attachment.php?attachmentid=24148&stc=1&d=1454184123

Well... after 6 versions I think they finally fixed the sleep issue. I have only tested it a couple of times but it seems that when my computer comes out of sleep the program finally will set the PSU fan to the "Fixed 40%" like it is set to instead of falling back to the 'Default" setting and not spinning up the fan until you open the main program.

I will have to keep an eye on this when the computer actually sleeps (rather than me forcing it into sleep and then quickly waking it up) to make sure but I think I finally have a version that works enough to use it.

Now if only they would make it combined with their Corsair Unity Engine (their software for their keyboards and mice) so that I didn't have to have 2 programs running at once with the same tray icon.

Ok I finally installed CL 4.

Please create a sticky on how to remove CL3. May be use this thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=155657

It helped me.

It seems to be more stable.

It plays well with:

- AI Suite 3 for controlling my MB fans

- EVGA PrecisionX to control my GPU fan

My observations:

1. In CL3 I could show my MB fans on the Configure Tab/picture of the PC. In CL 4 you can’t. I assume that this is because Corsair wants you to by the Command Link hardware. However, you can see them on the Home tab.

2. I liked the round gages with needles for fan RPM in CL3. CL4 does not have this.

3. On the Home tab, you can see the HDD/SDDs names and their temps. However, on the Configure tab, it only shows for example, HDD/SSD #1 and its temp and then HDD/SSD #2 and its temp. Why not tag each one of these with the name? Or, tag the HHD/SSD on the Home tab with the #1 or #2 for example that is shown on the Configure tab?

Questions:

1. Where do I go or how do I update my device? It seems to be missing in CL4

I am using a H80i Cooler and installed Corsair Link for the first time. Cooler Firmware was still at 1.0.5 and there is no firmware update functionality with this version of the software.

Rolled back to 3.1.5570 (just randomly choosed one), and after rebooting CL instantly reminded me that there is an available firmware update to 1.0.7. Applied it, uninstalled, reinstalled the newest version.

Did you skip that functionality for a reason?

I am using a H80i Cooler and installed Corsair Link for the first time. Cooler Firmware was still at 1.0.5 and there is no firmware update functionality with this version of the software.

Rolled back to 3.1.5570 (just randomly choosed one), and after rebooting CL instantly reminded me that there is an available firmware update to 1.0.7. Applied it, uninstalled, reinstalled the newest version.

Did you skip that functionality for a reason?

Same queation I have look at my

Question:

1. above

Why is CorsairLink4.Service constantly using the disk even though I don't have any logging enabled?

Why is CorsairLink4.Service using so much CPU all the time? It's the most demanding task on my system after Chrome and you expect me to be okay with this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=24618&d=1457564289

Temperature based LED doesn't work either btw, but I could care less about all those fancy bells and whistles.

I'd throw away this piece of garbage and uninstall its crappy software a long time ago if I could afford to. Corsair, you've had a very, very, long time to fix this but you just apply different makeup to the same damn pig with every release. I've been waiting for almost TWO years, patiently, for you guys to fix this (reskinning is not a fix).

Someone with some patience left could probably calculate how much this software costs to have installed on a computer running 24/7. That would be pretty interesting to know.

Just open source the software already and move on.

Credits left: 0. Game over.

clink.png.9d7e2e65508aa485c9d041e64a0f0835.png

Why is CorsairLink4.Service constantly using the disk even though I don't have any logging enabled?

Why is CorsairLink4.Service using so much CPU all the time? It's the most demanding task on my system after Chrome and you expect me to be okay with this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=24618&d=1457564289

Temperature based LED doesn't work either btw, but I could care less about all those fancy bells and whistles.

I'd throw away this piece of garbage and uninstall its crappy software a long time ago if I could afford to. Corsair, you've had a very, very, long time to fix this but you just apply different makeup to the same damn pig with every release. I've been waiting for almost TWO years, patiently, for you guys to fix this (reskinning is not a fix).

Someone with some patience left could probably calculate how much this software costs to have installed on a computer running 24/7. That would be pretty interesting to know.

Just open source the software already and move on.

Credits left: 0. Game over.

Yes I noticed this as well. It is kind of weird it needs that many CPU cycles run. Its ironic that the software that is supposed to keep your system cool uses the most CPU cycles at idle and causes temperate. Then there is a bug some are having like myself where it will lockup and use 100% CPU on one of my cores until I restart the service. I'm thinking the way the H115i is designed I can just hook the 2 140mm fans to my CPU and CPU_Opt MB headers like I used to do on the H105 and just hard set the pump to whatever speed I want and not even use the software.

While I was typing that Kaspersky was running a rootkit scan and using only 0.2% to 0.4% CPU while CorsairLink was using between 0.7-1.0% CPU. Pretty bad when a virus scanner outperforms your monitoring/cooling software.

What is the purpose of this thread?

The first post says it is to report bugs.

Red-ray has outlined all the stuff that needs to be fixed.

He has said come use my code...

Is the intent of this thread to allow customers to vent or is it to allow Corsair to see the issues and respond to our questions and also to fix them?

I'm assuming that Corsair is reviewing the bug list.

They can at least give us the courtesy to replay to the identified bugs as people have spent a lot of time identifying them.

May be let us know if they are going to fix it in the next release or if this will never be fixed.

Windows 10 Pro

GTX H110i

RM650i

I have no bugs to report right now. I just want to say, this is the first time I've been pretty satisfied with CL. You guys are definitely headed in the right direction.

I'm extremely pleased you can now update from within the software and that it can run discreetly in the background on startup without having that stupid splash screen logo pop up. There is some room for better optimization, however.

After some thought I have a few requests for future updates;

1. At first I liked the minimalist approach for logging. But I changed my mind. It would be great to have full reporting like HWinfo within Link to track voltages etc..

2. Color scheme options for Configure.

I just installed Corsair Link version 4 didn't notice that there was a new version, I checked a few times but must have overlooked it all of these months.

But where is the Power Tab part ? Is it completely removed ?

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/Blog/2014-03/Mining-Rig-part-3/mining%20power.png?h=385&w=512

I like what I see here. You folks are definitely making strides. Good job!

Wish list:

1. The LED indicator would change color in the Configure Window like it used to.

2. The GPU fan in my Nvidia GTX770 Would show up in the Configure window like it used to.

3. The CPU Load percentage would show up in the Configure Window like it used to.

Having said all that, I really like the facelift you gave the Home Screen. It looks great. Easy to see all details of my system and all my fans.

Keep up the good work.

Corsair,

Can you please reply back to post #3?

red-ray has done all your beta testing for you. You can at least reply to his post.

Maybe swallow some pride and take him up on using his sw to run your GUI.

I am in the sw development business and this is not how my company would rollout a finished product or treat our customers.

Hello,

Link service still uses port 8080, which is commonly used e.g. by application servers. At minimum this should be configurable. If a fixed port is to be used it should be something not so widely used.

For me this is a serious problem. If I do work on this PC I can't use link to control profiles and need to set it to Performance profile just in case before I start (and then stop link service for the duration of work) and change back to quiet once I stop.

This causes following issues/behavior:

- no corsair log since service won't be able to start (port is not checked to be free and no error trace in log either - service fails to start properly and run)

- once you start link no devices show up

This happens if person has another software already using port 8080 and thus preventing link service to start and run.

I hope this issue will be taken care of in next release.

Best regards, Suomilapsi

It don't matter corsair link version the dam leds flicker randomly. Close corsair link and the flickering goes away. Cl3 is bad but oh my lord Cl4 is even worse.

This is thru a commander mini 6 led strips which is well under the load so fix this crap please.

in previous versions we had a function where the led on the pump changed the color depending on the temperature... is this still possible with v4?

It depends on which cooler you have. If it's a Hydro Series 7289 USB Device then no:(: otherwise yes:biggrin:.

Archived