Corsair Community

5 out 6 LL fan lights going crazy after 3.17.94 update

Lymen

After updating to 3.17.94 today (July 5th, 2019) 5 out 6 LL fans are going crazy: 5 out of 6. You can see the fan in the lower right is normal.

When it's set to Temperature via Lighting Link it looks like this: Temperature. They all should be the same color.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Edited by Lymen

After updating to 3.17.94 today (July 5th, 2019) 5 out 6 LL fans are going crazy: 5 out of 6. You can see the fan in the lower right is normal.

When it's set to Temperature via Lighting Link it looks like this: Temperature. They all should be the same color.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Should have an epilepsy warning on those :P But uninstall using preferred 3rd party method, make sure any Corsair folders in programs are blown away, as well as anything Corsair related in %appdata% then reinstall. And I would not try to save fan curves or profiles. Just start fresh on those. If this doesn't work you can always contact support (YMMV, expect a wait).

Looks like a loose connection, to be honest. Either on fan 1 or fan 2. It is odd that it happens right after an update but that's what it looks like. Try swapping fan 1 with the last fan on the hub ... if that doesn't work, try swapping fan 2.

I'm having exactly the same issue with 6x ll120, only have noticed it after updating software recently. I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall icue with no success. Changing fan '1' to the last in the sequence fixed the issue for about 10 seconds, then immediately the issue resumed.

Contacts don't necessarily need to be loose to fail. I always have a can of non conductive contact cleaner for all my guitar gear which also has done wonders in my computer.

All you need to do is to spray a bit of it on the suspicious ports then plug them in/out a couple times. Hopefully that was the problem and there will be a solid contact.

Should have an epilepsy warning on those :P But uninstall using preferred 3rd party method, make sure any Corsair folders in programs are blown away, as well as anything Corsair related in %appdata% then reinstall. And I would not try to save fan curves or profiles. Just start fresh on those. If this doesn't work you can always contact support (YMMV, expect a wait).

I tried the steps and the same thing is still happening. I guess I will open a ticket. :[pouts:

Looks like a loose connection, to be honest. Either on fan 1 or fan 2. It is odd that it happens right after an update but that's what it looks like. Try swapping fan 1 with the last fan on the hub ... if that doesn't work, try swapping fan 2.

I will give this a try later on. I submitted a ticket too. It's just that it was normal until the last update :eek: